• Welcome to Red Passion !

Registations are open to fans who wish to join the community, get zero ads and join in Offtopic and other discussion areas!

Have a login issue? Hit login then 'forgot password' - if problems persist use the contact form button at the bottom of the page.

You can remove this notice by hitting X in the top right of this box.

REGISTER or LOGIN

Ryan Barnett

I'm just thinking that playing forde and barnett over mendy, mcfad, davies is the better way to go. They both seem a clear step above the others

I dont know whether I would play Barnet ahead of mendy and Fadz, but definitely over anyone else like bryce

I liked that bit in the second half when someone made a poor pass to him so he ran back, slid to keep it in play and then carried on attacking as if the pass was spot on. It was superb

We are absolutely set on the right next season with Barnett and Forde.
Ideally we could do with the left sided version of Barnett to challenge Mendy on the left.

Barnett MOM by a country mile, finally a wingback pushing forward on the shoulder of defenders and can actually take a player on ..... more of the same please Ryan. I just don't understand why we tried to use the left side more in the second half so he had very little to do.

Barnett MOM by a country mile, finally a wingback pushing forward on the shoulder of defenders and can actually take a player on ..... more of the same please Ryan. I just don't understand why we tried to use the left side more in the second half so he had very little to do.

I think that after half time York were following instructions to double up on him and generally close play down on that side, thus forcing us to shift things onto Mendy’s side. Unfortunately he didn’t take advantage. Indeed, there was an argument for bringing McFadzdean on whilst it was still just 1-0.

Mendy is a weird one , he has all the attributes to be a great attacking wing back.But it just seems like he doesn’t have the confidence to use those attributes, but maybe that will come after a longer run of games. He has after all had a stop start season.

Mendy is a weird one , he has all the attributes to be a great attacking wing back.But it just seems like he doesn’t have the confidence to use those attributes, but maybe that will come after a longer run of games. He has after all had a stop start season.

I agree, Mendy was looking good, but since his first hamstring injury he’s been a bit inconsistent. Maybe still a bit worried about another hamstring injury.

I agree, Mendy was looking good, but since his first hamstring injury he’s been a bit inconsistent. Maybe still a bit worried about another hamstring injury.

Not sure about that. Just thought his decision making was not good. If in doubt give the ball to Lee but he persisted in putting poor crosses in. When I used to play centre half my midfield captain had played for Burnley and he used to say "Moyn - you head the ball and tackle the opposition but if you have the ball at your feet give it to me"

Great display. I've always liked what I saw of him at Solihull so great to see him doing it for us.

Just needs to add some goals to his game now.

Latest posts

Back