• Welcome to the new RedPassion.co.uk !

Registations are back open to fans who wish to join the community, and see zero ads plus join in Offtopic and other discussions!
    Existing users can login and use the forums as normal, if your login is not working, you can click login then 'forgot password' and you will be sent a reset email.

Any issues use the contact form button at the bottom of the page. You can remove this notice by hitting X in the top right of this box.

REGISTER! or LOGIN

Standard of referees

blackbrookred

Taking coaching badges
Pre Takeover RPer Original RPer before 2009
Another absolutely shocking referee today, he didn't cost us the game, we didn't do enough to warrant anything. His decision to give a free kick against Tozer from the throw and the penalty were shall we say questionable.

One of the things people were looking forward to in the league were better refs and while we have had some ok ones, is it just me or is the general standard actually worse than the national league?

I was baffled by the throw in ,but just found this

If a player, while correctly taking a throw-in, deliberately throws the ball at an opponent in order to play the ball again but not in a careless or a reckless manner or using excessive force, the referee allows play to continue.

The thrower must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player.

I was baffled by the throw in ,but just found this

If a player, while correctly taking a throw-in, deliberately throws the ball at an opponent in order to play the ball again but not in a careless or a reckless manner or using excessive force, the referee allows play to continue.

The thrower must not touch the ball again until it has touched another player.

Exactly, the ref was wrong.

Also a player was close to being through on goal, he gave a foul against Boyle and no card. No punishment for constant time wasting, very inconsistent performance.

I don’t see the point in moaning about referees- especially at our level. Look how bad they are in the Premier League. The standard is just at an all time low

But the thing for me and maybe I’m biased, but it feels like referees are going out of their way to make it show they’re not influenced by the whole ‘Wrexham story’. It feels like with someone of them we don’t even get the 60:40’s because they don’t want to be seen as bowing down to Wrexham.

The standard of refereeing in the league we are in is, in my opinion appalling, I realise that officials in professional football have to follow not only FA directives but those that are made by the Football League, clubs have very little or no say in how the laws are developed and interpreted. Although referees do not have any say whatsoever in the laws. They just have to carry out the interpretation of them until they receive directives from the FA to be more loose in their interpretation of the laws. A number of years ago football associations would get together and make new laws of the game then give them out so that referees would have to interprete them until the football League clubs decided that the more strict the laws were the more money it was costing clubs in fines. The interpretation of the laws would then become more relaxed but at the beginning of the season we will see more players being sent off and cautioned but it is very difficult for players and clubs to get the Football League or FA to reinterprete the Laws early in the season

I thought if the goalkeeper rocked the crossbar just as a player was preparing to take a penalty it was a booking, I'm sure their keeper rocked it three or four times before Mullins penalty.

Latest posts

Back