• Welcome to the new RedPassion.co.uk !

Registations are back open to fans who wish to join the community, and see zero ads plus join in Offtopic and other discussions!
    Existing users can login and use the forums as normal, if your login is not working, you can click login then 'forgot password' and you will be sent a reset email.

Any issues use the contact form button at the bottom of the page. You can remove this notice by hitting X in the top right of this box.

REGISTER! or LOGIN

to those who were saying we need a new keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeper is so Dodgy, he was against us. He fits the style of play they play. They need a CB, Keeper and a ST. they gonna need to spend around 200k to improve that squad

And the rest......

Not sure the Notts keeper making mistakes has anything to do with our situation.
I don't think many people are saying we need a new keeper. I'm happy with Howard and Lainton - just I'd have Lainton as my first choice as I think he's our best keeper.

But for the Barnet game, our defensive record is pretty bloody good and Howard is a big part of that. I appreciate he made an error against Chesterfield and perhaps another one somewhere else but he’s doing a good job for us.

Lainton and Howard are more than good enough. Mad we spent all that money last year and did 1/3rd of a season without a proper keeper

Keeper is so Dodgy, he was against us. He fits the style of play they play. They need a CB, Keeper and a ST. they gonna need to spend around 200k to improve that squad

Look at some of the howlers all the way up to the PL, keepers are no different, they make mistakes, it's just more costly.

But for the Barnet game, our defensive record is pretty bloody good and Howard is a big part of that. I appreciate he made an error against Chesterfield and perhaps another one somewhere else but he’s doing a good job for us.

Eastleigh at home. Was the other glaring one.

He’s certainly not a bad keeper. However there have been a good few goals this season where you’d think a better keeper would have saved that. The one in the FA cup against Blyth was a prime example.

Just seems strange that we have gone out and heavily invested in Mullin, Palmer, Hayden and Tozer.

But the signing of Howard from a club struggling for relegation in the league above. You probably wouldn’t have been overjoyed if we signed him under the trust.

As me and my mates say, he’s a keeper that we would have all loved and adored 5/6 years ago. Only problem is for him we have our best keeper since Maxwell on the bench, who turned down many league 1 clubs to stay with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back