• Welcome to Red Passion !

Registations are open to fans who wish to join the community, get zero ads and join in Offtopic and other discussion areas!

Have a login issue? Hit login then 'forgot password' - if problems persist use the contact form button at the bottom of the page.

You can remove this notice by hitting X in the top right of this box.

REGISTER or LOGIN

Welcome to Wrexham S2E6: "Ballers"

Wrexy

Due a Testimonial
Pre Takeover RPer Original RPer before 2009
A double length episode gets the series back on track. Absolutely loved this one.

As you'd expect with an episode 100% featured on the women's team Rosie Hughes is the star of the show both on and off the pitch. She's a force of nature. Loved how they got permission to film those scenes inside Berwyn.

Only watching this do you realise the amazing work that has been done by Gemma Owen. Typical Gaz Owen not wanting to steal her thunder and be interviewed but he's shown alongside her at a couple of the games...good to see given what's he going through right now.

Great feature on Lili Jones and her Dad Gareth "Powsy" Jones. Get the tissues ready for that one. I was sat next door but one to her at the Crewe game and there was a spare seat inbetween us which I found very poignant.

Ditto Neil Roberts and his daughter. Really interesting to hear how being captain of the side that fell out of the FL hit him personally and made life around town difficult for him and his family. But what's with that beret?

Steve Dale's potty mouth was a bit OTT. There's ladies present Steve.

You'll enjoy this one.

A double length episode gets the series back on track. Absolutely loved this one.

As you'd expect with an episode 100% featured on the women's team Rosie Hughes is the star of the show both on and off the pitch. She's a force of nature. Loved how they got permission to film those scenes inside Berwyn.

Only watching this do you realise the amazing work that has been done by Gemma Owen. Typical Gaz Owen not wanting to steal her thunder and be interviewed but he's shown alongside her at a couple of the games...good to see given what's he going through right now.

Great feature on Lili Jones and her Dad Gareth "Powsy" Jones. Get the tissues ready for that one. I was sat next door but one to her at the Crewe game and there was a spare seat inbetween us which I found very poignant.

Ditto Neil Roberts and his daughter. Really interesting to hear how being captain of the side that fell out of the FL hit him personally and made life around town difficult for him and his family. But what's with that beret?

Steve Dale's potty mouth was a bit OTT. There's ladies present Steve.

You'll enjoy this one.

Thought the first series was great but only watched one episode of series two its not my cup of tea !

Last night felt almost like a spin-off which isn’t a bad thing, it put the spotlight on a lot of deserving people and stories with only occasional background from R-R and Humphrey and pretty much nobody else from the main part of the series (as of yet, I assume that’ll come in the upcoming episode where they do play at the Racecourse)

That was the first proper episode so far, it was very well done. Hopefully that's it though and all the box ticking has been done for this series.

That was the first proper episode so far, it was very well done. Hopefully that's it though and all the box ticking has been done for this series.

Why do you see an episode featuring the Women's team as box ticking?

Thought it was the best episode of this season. Emotional, especially the story of Lili Jones and her dad and an interesting look into the women's side and Gemma Owen's hard work to make it what it is. Rosie Hughes was the star, obviously, but everyone came across really well and the small history of UK women's football including the ban segment with Humphrey was good too.

I never considered just how tough relegation was for Neil Roberts. Especially with any abuse he would have got in and around his home town. Don't think he's anywhere near the top of my list for who was to blame for relegation to non-league for what it's worth.

The only thing I wish they'd have done is featured the game vs. Connah's Quay Nomads at The Racecourse more. Very historical game for the Women's side - unless they plan to do that in a later episode along with the playoff.

It's not 'box-ticking', they're a part of the club with a feel-good success story for that season that should be told.

Also I'm going to guess there will be at least one more episode featuring the match vs. Briton Ferry.

Last edited:
Comfortably the best produced episode of the series so far. Clear narrative and some really well told human stories.

How can they produce something so disjointed and frankly rubbish as episode 5 and follow it up with something as high quality as this?

A wonderful episode, on so many levels.
I agree that this is the best episode so far, wet eyes in many places!
I suspect that the content will have been a very pleasant surprise for many non Wrexham area viewers who will have been focused on the men's team last season and may not have been aware of the women's achievements. I'd be genuinely interested in getting your views on it.
I may be out of sync with some, but I think season 2, so far, is better than season 1.

Latest posts

Back