View Single Post
Old 20th June 2017, 14.00:18   #81-0 (permalink)
The Only Way Is Up
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: dismal jimmy tweet

I was part of a group that revived interest in a local club that had been run into the ground by an earlier committee. We had very limited funds available, but found one of Conwy CBC's cabinet members very helpful in sourcing grants and other funding (including SportWales) that were outside Conwy CBC's budget. I'm not suggesting that Conwy be approached by Wrexham AFC or the Trust for obvious reasons, but imagine there's likely to be a WCBC member with access to the same information. The sums available may not be huge, but well worth pursuing nevertheless. Do we know if anyone has tried this route - it was accessible because of the club's community status?

In another capacity, I saw that Conwy CBC and Denbighshire CC were working together on a wider community-based cycling route which, at the time, included a hub, and that would benefit North Wales as a whole. There was a large grant available for that project, running into £millions if I recall correctly. The point is that people throughout North Wales would benefit from it - as would be the case if Y Cae Ras could be developed in such a way that justified funding. Is this another avenue that needs exploration, or has it been tried already?