Thread: On the Kop...
View Single Post
Old 24th December 2017, 23.23:36   #1-0 (permalink)
mattw
Cult Hero

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Anywhere
Twitter: @

Default On the Kop...

Some may remember my past ramblings in the paper format of this forum as a badly dressed 16 year old. I recall someone writing in to RP and saying the view that myself and the late Dean Domerecki were less common than our surnames.

Some of the football has been boring but it’s Christmas Day and we are second.

Sure we ain’t giving loved one tickets to Man City on Boxing Day but if we were we would be moaning like heck Flynn was sat in the stands... now we are moaning Darlington is sat in the stands watching the shape. (For the record my grandad left those tickets at home and we arrived thirty seconds to kick off via a ridiculous trek across north Shropshire, north Cheshire and up to Wrexham. The absolute best of times. As people who read my On The Kop pieces back in paper form RP, my first football was being bored to tears watching Whitchurch Alport Reaerves - the thinking being that if I could endure that I would relish a team of Marriott, Hardy, Carey, Brammer Et al.

Being a Wrexham fan ain’t easy but so long as it entertains or fills a void then it’s doing a job. Personally I’d rather day dream about going up and one day playing Shrewsbury again than bemoaning we are too defensive.

Life is cyclical - one day we are hammered on scotch writing forum posts for an audience that are no longer there, the next you are in the away end at some championship team In the cup who are bloody there for the taking.

Being a Wrexham fan ain’t easy but it’s the one thing that binds is all..

Have a brilliant break everyone

Keep the Faith