View Single Post
Old 14th April 2018, 18.13:08   #5-0 (permalink)
NottsRed
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dagenham Match Reaction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
Overall I thought we played well today. We didn’t take our chances, which ultimately led to our undoing, but we did actually create opportunities! Dagenham stole the win, but we conceded two at home, and should really of been two nil up before the equaliser.

I’m sure the ball crossed the line 30 seconds before they ran up the field and scored. That was the story of our day unfortunately. What I will say is we have reaped everything we have sown this season. We rode our luck up til Christmas and are seeing the flip side of it now.

Macketh was a breathe of fresh air on the wing, and deservedly got MOTM. Boden also had a very good game. The two mentioned previous should have been given far more game time recently despite the nonsense talked on here. Dave the Rave seemed to struggle, which was disappointing, as he has played well since coming in January. Wedgebury played higher up the field and was more effective. Quigley had a fairly poor game but does always look threatening.

Rating:

Dunn 5 kicking poor and shaky at times.
Jennings 6 got forward more, but not totally convincing.
Raven 5 his worst game since arriving. Gave the ball away too much and seemed out of sorts.
Pearson 6 needs to concentrate on playing and cut out the constant bollocking of the ref.
Smith 6 did okay, but as with all of the defence let the ball come across the box dangerously, far too many times.
Wedgebury 7 a better game from him. He went looking for the ball, rather than waiting whilst holding Pearson’s hand.
Kelly 6 dwells on the ball too much and is not quick enough moving the ball
Macketh 8 a constant threat, can beat his man and can cross the ball. Amazes me he hasn’t played more this season.
Rutherford 7 got on the end of Mackeths cross. Scurried about without really threatening otherwise from open play.
Quigley 5 does not read the game well and doesn’t have the vision to see others in better positions around him. He is however direct and does cause problems
Boden 8 showed some very good touches and linked up very well. A good performance from boden.

Ainge 3 not sure how or why this player gets a place in our squad. He is a backup CB at best. He is not a striker and won two headers in short period he played. Clearly wasn’t watched before we signed him.
In the main when he has got on Mackreth has been woeful but today he was a different player. Did get me thinking we had someone in on a sneaky loan. Unfortunately too little to late for a contract next season.

Ainge your right. Horrible to think we've wasted money from BTB on him. He wasn't fit when he arrived here and was a gamble thats cost us dear when we needed another striker.