View Single Post
Old 16th May 2018, 13.59:10   #127-0 (permalink)
Todd Sweeney
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Some facts - not false news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Really! I had some opinions on which you either disagreed or didn't have the answers so all I was asking was that you made a statement about me being wrong and therefore what this was based on. I used the membership as an example but again you had no opinion or facts on whether it was working or not!

I am happy to debate the point, just as I have said I have put forward ideas or suggestions and BTB aside nothing has materialised. So again I asked you why people didn't volunteer - is there a general feeling that these views are not really heard. Would be interested in your opinion.

I am really too long in the tooth now to push and push to be part of a group and as I have said I think the WST probably has enough experts in these areas to make plans to achieve aims and goals. If they are not achieved then what can I do or Eosceiriog, Bagger or any of the other voices of reason (as I see them).

As I also said what skills etc. do any of the groups need to achieve some of their aims - I haven't heard anything, have you?

If I go back to my main points - WST should be strategic and planning and WAFC operations then we can see that clear boundaries can be defined and clear aims and goals set and achieved by both parties without impinging on the other.

Your stance is to repeat the same mantra in that the only way to achieve change is that everyone that has an opinion/idea then has to stand for election and be part of some committee - well a lot of fans with great ideas don't have the time or the inclination so do we just ignore them.

Again I point to membership - so what are your views on the growth of membership by the WST, is it working, can it be improved and what do we aim for and measure as success.

Come on stop with this three line whip stuff and provide some feedback
My feedback is that to get things done you need to either be part of, or give your ideas to, the people tasked with getting things done.

If I have an issue I want to raise with my local MP, I write to them. I don't expect them to acknowledge or act on the issue if I write to my local paper instead.

If you think that is negative, or not expressing an opinion, then fair enough!

As for my views. I'd like to see tens of thousands of people join the WST as members. But I don't know if that is realistic; I don't know how much time, money, resources or effort it would take to achieve that, and whether it should be a priority over other things given the finite amount of time, money, resources and effort that the WST board have. Basically I'd just be guessing.

If I wanted to know, or to change the board's direction on this, I'd probably approach them about it or stand for election. We're all on the same side...