View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2018, 07.14:06   #78-0 (permalink)
harrypothead
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Used to be the back of the KOP!
Twitter: @@tomtitch

Default Re: Oakes off to Walsall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I know the fitness coach has gone. Who else ? Steve Wright ?

Not sure what is happening there at the moment in terms of staff and players. It’s early days but events don’t fill me with any confidence . Ricketts talks a lot about building an infrastructure but there is certainly no evidence of it at this point. Just talk and people leaving.
I'm not expecting Sam to rush in, especially if it means him having to work with these people on a daily basis. He has high standards from what he says, and I'm sure there are many young coaches out there that would jump at the chance of joining Wrexham. Let's face it Carl Darlington is someone who would know more than your average coach with contacts.

I have a feeling Ricketts was brought here because of Carl Darlingtons reference, and I'm sure him and Sam are discussing potential coaches now. It takes time, this time of year people go away on holiday, offers will have been made to coaches and players, who probably have more than one offer to consider.

Give Sam time, he seems to be working hard, and hopefully it will pay off.

He says he is very picky when it comes to players, that could sound like he is dithering, but it does also sound to me like if he has offered you a deal, then he must think very highly of you.

Players and coaches will sign up, but I feel it will be a 2 or 3 weeks away yet.