View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2018, 19.22:16   #21-0 (permalink)
Red Light
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Police operation on Mold Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraigoch View Post
I have long been an advocate of closing Mold Road after the game finishes. It's much safer and the disruption is minimal. Immediately after the rush of the walking supporters, you open the road.
I wasn't complaining about the tactic but just thought it was a strange thing to do.
Always used to happen years ago. Perhaps more so when away fans occupied the Tech End and their departing coaches would all be lined up on Mold Road facing the A483 just before the end of the match.

Much safer for the masses walking back towards town post match - and lets face it the narrow pavements aren't adequate with hundreds pouring out of the ground - makes things very dangerous allowing normal traffic flow to continue with fans with their backs to traffic.

The delays don't take long - like the speed the stadium empties at the final whistle. Pedestrians should be the priority - road closed for as long as it takes to walk to Grosvenor Road - then release. The consequences of someone being hit by a car and injured or even worse would mean the road being closed for hours.

The only concern as always is once the closure is on people drop their guard - cars parked up within the limits of the closure (on car parks / mini side roads / the railway station) start moving within the closure as per last night whilst we walked back into town.

I think a Traffic Management company - Amberon ? were implementing the closure with signage and cones.

Don't know if there were any similar arrangements for Comicon earlier in the day at the University.