View Single Post
Old 29th December 2018, 17.19:19   #1-0 (permalink)
Lods
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Wherever the new ticketing process lets me sit
Twitter: @

Default Solihull Moors (H) Player Ratings

I always enjoy doing this in every game I attend, so I'll keep it seperate from the reaction thread:

Lainton: 7 - Did whatever he needed to do well. Helped by a sturdy-as-ever defence and the fact Solihull's strikers couldn't hit a barn door.
Carrington: 7 - Solid at right back, solid when moved into midfield. Always useful and didn't put a foot wrong.
Lawlor: 7 - Started shaky, got pick-pocketed a few times by Wright, but settled and improved as the game went on.
Pearson: 8 - MOTM. Lead from the back, had a very good game and didn't put a foot wrong. Blissett and Yussuf are no slouches and he handled them well.
Jennings: 7.5 - Extra .5 of a point just for that goal-line clearance in the first half. Very different game if that goes in. Had a good game and his running helped create the goal.
Walker: 8 - Had an excellent game and was sponsor's MOTM. Great vision, the highlight was that lovely little turn around their player in the first half.
Wright: 6 - Could have had a hat-trick today. However kept up with the physical opposition and didn't let himself get imposed on in the middle of the park like a lot of young players would have.
Summerfield: 6 - Not his finest hour-or-so, but played some good balls and kept the ball well when he needed to.
Rutherford: 7 - Typical Rutherford effort, but capped it off with a rare goal. Had a good game today, was causing their defenders problems.
Grant: 7 - Was a threat going forward, although I felt he and Rutherford could have exploited the full backs more, they seemed shattered.
Beavon: 7 - Got an assist, had his running shoes on like normal. Was a nuisance all game.

SUBS:
Young: 6 - Didn't notice him too much, but he helped out when the going got tough.
Tollitt and Roberts: N/A - Not on long enough to give a fair assessment

Overall, happy with that performance. A pretty win and an ugly win in a matter of days. These are the game promotion contenders have to win.