View Single Post
Old 6th February 2019, 19.33:19   #1-0 (permalink)
Rob
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Rich Ulrich resigns from Trust Board

Rich Ulrich has just said he has resigned and explained why in a multi-tweet statement https://twitter.com/r77ulr/status/1093243661008207872

"I have just tendered my resignation from the Wrexham Supporters' Trust board effective immediately. I am not comfortable with the fact that the FC board had known since 12th January that Graham Barrow wanted to step down as the manager of Wrexham AFC

yet the elected representatives of the owners of Wrexham AFC, including the WST Chairman, were kept in the dark over this despite having a board meeting only last Wednesday evening. Myself and other members of the Governing Body found about Graham Barrow resigning as manager from

an article on social media, just as many other fans of our club did.

The Governing Body had been involved and consulted in the search for previous managerial appointments but we were not involved or consulted in the appointment of Graham Barrow or Bryan Hughes.

Graham Barrow stated publicly that he did not want the managers position at Wrexham AFC yet he was appointed on a two and a half year contract, then only 25 days after his appointment on 12th January, he informed the FC board that he wanted to step down.

Since Wrexham Supporters' Trust took over the running of the football club in November 2011, we have had eight different managers. Compare that to the period from 1981 to 2011, a total of 30 years, where we had eight managers during that time.

We have never been in a better position off the pitch, the work that goes on in the background and the hours and dedication involved from board members is immense but we just can't seem to get the football side of things right and it just isn't working.

The tail wags the dog and lessons need to be learned, changes need to happen and quick.

I have enjoyed my four and a half years on the board immensely and it has been a great privilege and an honour to represent the fans and owners of our great club."