View Single Post
Old 16th August 2019, 10.01:40   #34-0 (permalink)
NottsRed
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Halifax bootlegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
You’ve taken it out of it context there. I take my seven year old with my old man, my wife and five year old girl come sometimes. It’s great families are able to attend more than in previous years. What I don’t like is people having a pop at what is essentially the working class lad who supports his team, because that’s what football was and should still be.
I took my Mum whos 82 to the Barrow game the other week. We were sat with a large group of 20 year oldish lads who as soon as the game started swearing and heckling the opposition players. Two minutes later they all started turning around and apologising to my Mum for swearing. She thought it was hysterical and sweet at the same time and didn't have an issue with it. as she said it shows they have passion for the club.

I think Dixies prawn sandwich comment is more at the sterile atmosphere you can get at Old Trafford with a good chunk of the seats going to corporate events, fair weather fans, glory hunters or people who don't really have passion for the game