Thread: Perspective
View Single Post
Old 5th January 2020, 16.34:15   #6-0 (permalink)
WrexSi
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Perspective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyMac View Post
Have been a supporter for over 55 years sadly I have to agree with you, I didn't leave early but was disgusted by the effort put in (again other than Lainton, Young and Carrington) Hoping Keates can bring in some quality to brighten things up but must admit I'm feeling the worst at the moment. Will still be continuing to support though!!
I feel the same as you, for sure. I will keep supporting, hoping that this erratic squad will surprise us with a better performance in a fortnights time, when we expect nothing, they might shock us and deliver.
If Keates makes a few additions to the team too, it might help.

I didn’t leave mega early. Think it was on the ninety, but it just felt weird going when the board was just being put up for time added on.

If there’s one thing I’ve seen consistently in the last 24 hours, it’s that everyone seems to be naming Lainton, Carrington and Young as the only ones trying or producing, yesterday.

If we can see it, surely Keates can.

I’m not entirely sure I could say Jennings wasn’t trying, but he wasn’t getting forward as much as usual, and every single thing he tried went wrong. It’s a weird thing to say but I wonder if he needs his eyes testing! Seems to misjudge the ball so often.

Hooper seemed to be going through the motions, but equally he was given absolutely nothing to work with, up front.

Redmond looks lazy and casual, never puts a tackle in, and no drive to create anything.

The biggest frustration was (allegedly) our highest wage earner, Grant. He just seems to fvck everything up that was given to him, and all too often looked to be hiding behind defenders, wrong side of them, a pretence of ‘trying’.

I’ve calmed down since yesterday, and I still think we have a fair chance of staying up, but we can’t have many more horror shows like that one, where we didn’t look up for it. Aldershot were everything that we should have been but weren’t.

I look forward to a much improved performance a week on Saturday.