View Single Post
Old 6th February 2020, 11.30:33   #19-0 (permalink)
The Only Way Is Up
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: WST board minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Clearly not the case. Pete Jones has confirmed that a WST board meeting took place recently. We know a date was fixed for a November meeting. Assuming another meeting was held in December , that makes 3 further WST board meetings have taken place .....yet nothing on the WST website more recent than the October 19th meeting. Good enough communication with Members?

Normal rules will apply to publication of monthly board meetings.

The October 30th minutes would have been approved or amended at the November meeting, and published soon afterwards.

The November meeting was due to be held on November 27th. Assuming that it took place on that date, the minutes would be considered at the December meeting, and approved if verified. If a December meeting was held (it would have been close to or even after Christmas in all probability) the November minutes should have been published soon afterwards though possibly not until January. I haven't seen any, so far, and I do look - often.

If a January 2020 meeting was held, it would probably been near the end of the month, which means that they wouldn't be approved before the February 2020 meeting - and there hasn't been one yet to the best of my knowledge anyway.

We can probably expect that there should have been November meeting minutes published either at the end of December or early in January IF a meeting took place in December, but I have no idea if that happened.

Back in November, when the last set of minutes on the WST site were for the August board meeting, I wrote to the Trust, and stated in the email:

One of the criticisms that would effect a rapid change of opinions among fans is transparency. There are so many examples of fans (owners!!!) being kept in the dark about the work you must all be doing to ensure positive change that I don’t need to list examples. Suffice it to say that I have had considerable experience of working for organisations that produce minutes of their meetings for members to understand what is happening. Never have I known any of them neglect to produce Board minutes for several months. Why are the Board’s most recent minutes on the website those for your August 2019 meeting? It is almost December now, and there should have been a further three Board meetings since August. Is it any wonder that fans worry about this lack of information? We are updated about a number of things which have no bearing on the playing results. Is this what you as a board now focus your attentions on? Have you really abdicated your responsibilities to provide fans with information about what is needed in order to achieve success on the pitch? I’m sure that many fans would be delighted to share their opinions on this.

It is probably a coincidence that the minutes of the September and October meetings appeared very soon afterwards.