View Single Post
Old 6th February 2020, 16.46:23   #3-0 (permalink)
The Only Way Is Up
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Email and letters to the Board

2. Here is a follow-up email sent to The WST on 29 December 2019:

To whom it may concern:

This is a follow up message to those who are steering the club right now.

It is now exactly a month since I wrote the email copied below, and there has been no reply.

I’m unable to reconcile the ignorance being displayed by the Trust/Club in failing to acknowledge the message, as a result of which I can only agree with other critics of your failure to engage with lifelong supporters (and owners) who are frustrated by the lack of positive action by the club to address the issues raised here and on social media about the incompetence being demonstrated at every level within the club.

Transparency was an issue that the Trust promised would be addressed when it took over as the vehicle for Fans Ownership. It is patently obvious that you are not equipped to run the playing side of the club and this is very likely to result, this season, in relegation to the sixth tier – a far cry from the second tier football enjoyed by many of us under different management.

I had every faith in the ability of the Trust to manage the club in an efficient and sustainable way, but the public image of the Trust is restricted to the personalities that represent it on the Board, and I’m sorry to say that the image has worsened season after season which is a disgrace given the numbers of members involved who could be helping at a practical level. Instead, I read complaints that ideas put forward aren’t even acknowledged, let alone implemented.

There is something intrinsically wrong at the club right now. If you don’t know what it is, then you shouldn’t be representing its owners. An investigation is necessary. Funds have been made available for you to address this. That’s money invested by fans – as well as “football fortune” sums of some significance. Yet, here we are near the bottom of the fifth tier and with a shocking record against our fellow strugglers on the pitch when other clubs with far less financial clout than us fill the places above us in this league from which we should have been promoted several seasons ago.

It is your job to address this. If you can’t do so, you will be asked to stand down soon. Trust membership is being compromised by the shambolic public face on display. Attendances are collapsing. Income is significantly reduced as a result of those factors, and time to rescue the situation is fast running out. Team management decisions taken are beyond the pale. Player recruitment has been shockingly bad – or, if good players are in fact being brought in, there is a major issue with their coaching as almost without exception, they receive justifiable criticism week-in week-out based upon the team’s results. Fans can see the reasons why, so why can’t those who are responsible for the falling standards address them in a timely manner? If the answer is that you don’t have the necessary skills, then make way for others who do.

A win away at Chorley on New Year’s Day won’t see an end to the current problems. It is going to require far greater consistency both on and off the pitch to rescue this season and – ultimately – the future of our once-great club. If not, then you must address the issues immediately. If you simply don’t care any more (and many believe that to be the case now) then state your intentions to resign. Walk away for pity’s sake before the club collapses.

No reply nor an acknowledgement of receipt was received.

Last edited by The Only Way Is Up; 6th February 2020 at 16.47:37..