Thread: rotary club
View Single Post
Old 16th February 2020, 17.10:30   #4-0 (permalink)
Bryn Tirion
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: rotary club

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sleeping giant dies View Post
as the board of our great club seem to be focused on doing good things for other projects, except the main one ie the football side of things. then the best option for them when they jump ship is why not join the rotary club, they can still be in the limelight, and pat each other on the back and still have the feel good factor. on another note there has been alot of fuss about nwd 81 questions which were not all his but hes been approached to go and meet the board to discuss them, when he asked them would it be ok to record the meeting they have now shut up shop. and they say the masons are secretive
Why bring Rotary into this?

I’m a Rotarian and I can assure you that nobody joins “to be in the limelight and to be able to pat each other on the back”. Rotary clubs exist to raise money for charitable causes and raise thousands of pounds every year.
Their motto is “Service above self”.
I’m no fan of the board and they fully deserve most of the flack that they get but your description of why people join Rotary shows a total lack of knowledge about what they do.
I suggest you get off your arse, get off the laptop and get down to your local club to see what they do. They certainly aren’t a secretive organisation either.