View Single Post
Old 8th April 2020, 11.19:34   #14-0 (permalink)
Prodigal Dragon
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Training ground vanity project

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslessred View Post
But is it adequate for FL?. Think back to the original CP the facilities were some of the best in the North West never mind North Wales. I know its media talk but it was continually quoted by players we were trying to sign about how good the quality was. Also we could accommodate our youth set up, remember the C of E. Back in the FL we'd get money from them which would contribute to running it. Also Ladies football is growing exponentially, they'd need somewhere to train/play etc.
I think it could be adequate.

The first team doesn't train all day and every day -- although some seem to think they should -- so it would have the capacity if the training was scheduled properly.

The University all-weather pitch was closed in preparation for it to be dug up and converted into a car-park. They may have other pitches. However, the university will be strapped for cash, especially as their planning permission for other developments was withheld.

Calling the proposed new training facility a 'vanity project' is hype, designed to provoke a negative response.

There is a need for a new training ground; it is therefore right to question if this one is the best available and also still affordable.

As for the right to vote, the Board seem able to move the goalposts as they see fit. The WST needs to supervise them better, and act on its remit of involving the fans. However, I can see why the Board resist opening up all decisions to the fans: they simply fear that every proposal -- regardless of their merit -- will be rejected simply because they have proposed it.

Fundamentally, we have a breakdown in trust between the WST/Board and a significant proportion of WST members, and fans in general. This is the crux of our problems.