Thread: RIP Mark Currie
View Single Post
Old 25th August 2020, 06.30:12   #35-0 (permalink)
moynkeepthefaith
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: RIP Mark Currie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
Agree - thoughts - lots of thoughts.
Might be an age thing - when your young you don't stop to even consider it.
Fellow fans keep falling off the conveyor belt of life - people you might not be terribly close to but those you see every home Saturday fixture - suddenly they have gone and will never return.
Have a beer - play 'Reflections of my life' by Marmalade (again) ponder of the good times, reflect on the many times I stopped and had a brief passing chat with Mark C entering / in / leaving the Centenary Club.
Wish everyone well for tomorrow - gone but not forgotten - Daily Post will never be the same and neither will the Racecourse.
Mark C had a way with words as all good writers do - he could capture a moment in half a sentence that captured some fantastic match play so accurately and vividly if you were unfortunate not to be there in person as a witness - I recall reading a match report the following morning of many a match and thinking 'aye he's spot on there'.
What I love about this club is it is small enough to know an awful lot of people - if not in person and name by face alone - this would be lost at Premier League level - long may it continue - fortune is not everything but comradeship for the united cause is - Mark C was part of that and will be sorely missed.
Great post and fitting tribute.