View Single Post
Old 13th October 2020, 18.07:06   #26-0 (permalink)
wxm1234
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ratings vs Maidenhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Light View Post
A few comments.

Lainton - he may be solid but is very slow at releasing quick ball and distribution.
Does he command his box and catch crosses ?

Young extremely industrious and at the heart of everything.

The only creativity going forward was by Durrell - it's no use being laboured and slow - there comes a time when someone has to run at the opposition direct.

The BT Sport commentary team hit the nail on the head - there is no creativity in the final third or not enough.

Seen enough of Thomas now to declare we have been landed with a dud.
For a big fella he is weak, unbelievably ponderous and can't stand up - spends more time on his arse and his first touch isn't great - come back Mike Fondop because although we keep changing personnel they are no better.

I thought when Yussuf and Rutherford came on we moved up a gear and momentum / intensity was accelerating nicely - unfortunately after the long stoppage due to the clash of heads we never got going again.

Davies - I just don't see anything there to shout about - I didn't in his first spell and nothing has changed - a footballer is either good, bad or indifferent regardless of the position he is asked to play in.

Jarvis looked a better option when he came on.

Not enough creativity from enough players with a desire to make things happen instead of passing the spinning plate to someone else.

From the first minute Maidenhead closed down our players and were in their faces - having said that I can't remember a game where we didn't score yet hit the bar, had 3 free headers, a disallowed goal and two clear penalty appeals - that sais they had two clear headers they should have scored from.

I agree with most of the comments but...

Unfair comments about Davies, he’s had 1 poorer game but he was superb the other games! Everyone is so caught up in the mistake of the goal, when he actually did some very good passing, and clever football. Far from perfect, but in no way should we be trying to kill is confidence.

Jarvis hasn’t been playing for a reason, he was poor in friendlies and is going down the ‘wrong route’, from what I’ve been told.