View Single Post
Old 17th October 2020, 08.58:37   #8-0 (permalink)
Dead eye Dixie
User

Racecourse Spot: Tend to move around
Twitter: @

Default Re: Travel Restrictions

Thanks for asking.I suppose I look back to seeing my heroes playing on that hallowed turf.
Brian Tinnion, Geoff Davies, Micky Thomas. Eddie May. Arfon. Reading Reg Herbert's column in the leader every Friday. Reading the leader (back page first) to find out anything about the mighty Reds.
I remember all the good times like Spurs away, Newcastle away, Beating Plymouty Argyle at home 5 -2 with Jim Furnell in goal for them. Playing Aston Villa when they had Andy Lockheed and Bannister playing up front for them.
I even wish for the bad times to come back. Like standing out all night in the rain for a ticket for the Chesterfield game. The game itself.The defeat at Anderlecht. Losing at Burnley.
I love my football club like so many others. I dream of little things like being back in the football league. Playing away to Rochdale and going to the chippy for a rag pudding.
I dont expect us to win the F A cup. I hope I am being realistic.
It saddens me when 11 blokes walk out there. They are not my heroes any more. They are just journey men trying to earn a living.
I suppose I find it difficult to accept failure and the position we are in.
I feel for my fellow supporters.
We are all suffering. It's been 13 long years in this division.
When we were relegated I bought every home and away programme for that season. Believing they would be collectors items as this would be our one and only season in the non league.
How wrong I was. Everyone makes mistakes. I just long for those glory days even a wet Tuesday away game to Oldham.
Thanks for asking.
I hope you understand.
I love your posts, by the way.