View Single Post
Old 8th November 2021, 19.19:29   #8-0 (permalink)
wxmedwards
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: MRS
Twitter: @None

Default Re: New Fearless in Devotion podcast - Durrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by benwilliams View Post
Couldn’t see a thread about this. It’s a good listen but the biggest takeaways for me were less about ED himself and more what he had to say that is relevant to current players/management:

- he is very close to Reckord who said he was loving life under PP compared to DK and that they are encouraged to play a through the lines passing game
- he felt he had a lot more time on the ball when he played in L2 compared to the national league
- he is now the second podcast guest after Kev Russell to question Dan Jarvis’s desire and attitude (as well as Yussef’s but he is of course yesterday’s news)

Just one guys opinion of course but does it suggest that PP wants us to play a more appealing way but either the players we have are not good enough or are reverting to hoof ball under pressure without that being the manager’s instruction?

Are our league players still getting used to a different type of game with less time on the ball and is this pressure causing the high number of mistakes and making them look like poorer players than they showed higher up?

Either way the results and performances are still an issue that need to be addressed sharpish but this gave me a different perspective
Posted via mobile theme
I did have a chuckle when he mentioned that Reckord believes Durrell would love PP's football. Unreal.