View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2021, 10.13:00   #26-0 (permalink)
KingConnolly
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: mold rd
Twitter: @

Smile Re: FC HALIFAX TOWN (A) - Ts & Ps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWAFC View Post
The difference between tonight and Saturdays dull affair has me thinking of the old boxing adage 'styles make fights'.

Halifax are undoubtedly better than Wealdstone. However, with as much certainty I predict they will not play so deep, defensive with little risk taking on the counter especially at home. Instead, 15 of Halifax's 24 goals have been at home in just 7 matches compared to 9 in 8 away. We have the opposite situation scoring just 5 in 6 at home but 24 in 9 away.

In my humble fan opinion our issue is breaking down teams when transitioning to attack, we lack the quality and creativity to play through a compact defensive side, but we capitalise on teams who are attempting the very same thing we struggle to do when the opposition is stretched in attack or falling back having lost the ball in a key area the transition to attack is naturally more open giving our lacklustre midfield or hopeful punts from defence a much better chance of success.

This phenomenon is hardly uncommon and we need to rectify our woeful scoring record at home, but the system appears successfull away so far and I fancy our chances tonight, Halifax may well prove too strong but the more they attack the more chance we appear to have scoring ourselves.

You need to be very careful here Tom as you are in danger of making a sensible point!

Not wishing to bask in your glory ..... but you are of course quite right, we lack the guile and creativity in the middle of the park and also the ability to get the ball effectively to our wing backs in order to make our system of play work.

Why play 3/5 at the back if the wings backs aren't an effective attacking option. At least when teams push on our long balls can find a bit of space in behind