RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Released players/list (updating today) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109667-released-players-list-updating-today.html)

gazw 2nd May 2017 23.02:27

[QUOTE=t1954;2021772]Can someone please tell us, if so called bang average players or worse will not agree contracts with us on the pay offered, how is Keates going to persuade the better quality players everyone says we need, to sign on the same pay or less?[/QUOTE]

Why would they have to be on the same pay or less? We have no idea yet how Keates has allocated the budget.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

rhosred 2nd May 2017 23.11:58

Re: Released players/list (updating today)

How do we not know that's the player has not gone well you raised this much money so why can't you pay me this

John Neals Dynasty 2nd May 2017 23.40:00

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2021458]Hadn't Manny another 12 Months on his contract yet. So would involved e a fee..

Liked Manny when he was here....Class act...But, a few snippets of him at Gateshead I've seen on BT, of them conceding goals....he looks very laid back and slow in the defence...

As I say..just snippets.... So perhaps I'm being unfair..[/QUOTE]

You're not being unfair his last season here he wasn't as good as Riley has been this season, Fyfield was better. But it's all irrelevant he has a year left on his contract we can do better than him for less.

John Neals Dynasty 2nd May 2017 23.44:24

[QUOTE=redavid;2021462]Yeah me to , only thing is once again we start from scratch , lets hope its the last time , and those worthy of it get 2 year deals .[/QUOTE]

I'm holding fire till I see the standard of signings if we can't afford to keep Riley then I'm wondering who we can sign for less, same with White if money was the reason.
Early days yet season finished less than a week ago, nothing has changed, but pleased at his culling although personally I wouldn't of kept 60 minutes man Rutherford.

John Neals Dynasty 2nd May 2017 23.49:04

[QUOTE=dave260669;2021652]Penn will be next to go...... He's not happy with the money being offered !!![/QUOTE]

It won't surprise me we won't sign good players for poor wages.

John Neals Dynasty 2nd May 2017 23.52:23

[QUOTE=t1954;2021772]Can someone please tell us, if so called bang average players or worse will not agree contracts with us on the pay offered, how is Keates going to persuade the better quality players everyone says we need, to sign on the same pay or less?[/QUOTE]

Exactly you get what you pay for in all walks of life.

Todd Sweeney 3rd May 2017 06.25:15

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2021781]I'm holding fire till I see the standard of signings if we can't afford to keep Riley then I'm wondering who we can sign for less, same with White if money was the reason.
Early days yet season finished less than a week ago, nothing has changed, but pleased at his culling although personally I wouldn't of kept 60 minutes man Rutherford.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Riley isn't being let go because we can't afford him. The budget is going up, and on top of that we also have the Build the Budget money. If we can afford him this season we can therefore also afford him next season too.

Keates may think he isn't worth the salary he is on, but that's not the same as not being able to afford him.

Jaded 3rd May 2017 06.59:26

Who's saying they're on the same pay or less? I'm sure Dean knows how much he feels players are worth paying; just because he's offered Penn (for example) a certain amount doesn't mean he won't offer more to another player he rates more highly.

KT12 Exile 3rd May 2017 07.08:13

[QUOTE=Todd Sweeney;2021791]
Keates may think he isn't worth the salary he is on, but that's not the same as not being able to afford him.[/QUOTE]

You can repeat this until you're blue in the face sadly, it just won't sink in with some people. What we can't afford is say, a top earner at someone like FGR. We absolutely can afford Riley/Penn, it's just a case of is there better available for similar money. I have much more faith in Keates than Mills to make such judgment calls.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.05:28.