RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   fixture in portugal (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/109873-fixture-portugal.html)

panda23 13th June 2017 10.20:00

Re: fixture in portugal

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2039066]So it's now them, Hull, Bristol Rovers, Oxford us and Millwall all at the same time??

:eek:[/QUOTE]

Shrewsbury are there first week of July, Bristol Rovers are there the week after us, Oxford Utd are stating they are playing a championship club on Wednesday 12th at Albufeira( Millwall?) , Hull City are playing Oxford Utd on the 15th July and Bristol Rovers on the 18th July so cannot see it being any of these clubs as Millwall is all behind closed doors.

Phils-an-alki 13th June 2017 10.27:01

[QUOTE=ColwynBayGaz;2039158]And then people would complain that 'if they were arranging fixtures for this then they would have known for a long time previously, so now fans are having to pay more, or struggle to book time off work, or struggle to fund the trip, boooo'

I know which I'd rather prefer. I highly doubt the game will be played behind closed doors, it would be PR suicide, and after all the #BTB, etc etc thats happening, I cant see the club destroying that...[/QUOTE]

The PR for this is already heading downhill and needs to be halted. At the moment fans travelling are still in the dark and thats not right. This is costing fans a lot of money so they need to know what they are paying for.

KingBuxton_Forever red 13th June 2017 10.44:34

Why are they travelling in the dark. Everybody knows there is a game and everybody knows the timescale in which it will be played. People will find out sooner rather than later, and I dont think it is the fault of the club either it will be the organiser.

flintshirefan 13th June 2017 10.46:27

It will be a lower league portugese team teatime on Tuesday July 11th ..
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 13th June 2017 11.16:09

[QUOTE=KingBuxton_Forever red;2039168]Why are they travelling in the dark. Everybody knows there is a game and everybody knows the timescale in which it will be played. People will find out sooner rather than later, and I dont think it is the fault of the club either it will be the organiser.[/QUOTE]

Because they don't know who we are playing or where.

Seeing as the whole trip is about watching the team play in Portugal I'd say thats pretty significant information that's still an unknown.

wilbobisback 13th June 2017 11.31:30

The game is on the 11th. It won't be against another British club. I know that the rep from Macron went over last week to sort things. I'm only guessing but I think the club might announce who it is as part of the kit launch on Friday.

flintshirefan 13th June 2017 12.20:59

[QUOTE=wilbobisback;2039189]The game is on the 11th. It won't be against another British club. I know that the rep from Macron went over last week to sort things. I'm only guessing but I think the club might announce who it is as part of the kit launch on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Portuguese 3rd division team
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

wrexham_forever 13th June 2017 16.53:53

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2039164]The PR for this is already heading downhill and needs to be halted. At the moment fans travelling are still in the dark and thats not right. This is costing fans a lot of money so they need to know what they are paying for.[/QUOTE]
Do you really think fans that are going over to Portugal to watch the game really care who we play?

People are going because we have a friendly in Portugal.

Portugal is the reason people are going, not the game, that's just an added bonus

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

joe 13th June 2017 17.03:27

Can cancel the game for all I care, I'll still be going to Portugal for the same thing - to get sun burn and drink for a week.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.47:29.