RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Gateshead (H) ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110265-gateshead-h-ratings.html)

WREX01 16th August 2017 05.16:40

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2062128]Can't believe how many are slating Massanka but saying Boden did okay![/QUOTE]

Boden is still getting to match fitness and at least has a football brain. Massanka is just rubbish , thankfully his loan is up in January.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

y mochyn coch 16th August 2017 07.33:35

Re: Gateshead (H) ratings

1st game I have seen this season and still trying to work out who is who and where they play first half was awful couldn't tackle, put 2 passes together, was so slow, no creativity no determination, hunger or battle 2nd half the same until the lad Reid came on and seemed to increase the pace hunger and finished a gifted goal well

Some of the points the players have been given baffle me but everyone has an opinion

Prodigal Dragon 16th August 2017 07.37:42

Dunn (7) Earned his corn in the second-half. Needs to improve his kicking.

Roberts (6) Solid defensively but yet to get forward effectively. Took some clattering tackles. Can only improve.

M Smith (8) Won just about everything. A few wayward passes and headers but that's due to lack of movement by others. My MOTM once again.

Pearson (7) Good captain and leads the line well.

Jennings (3) Poor and stupid! He is our defensive weak-link.

MacKreth (3) Poor and hardly in the game.

Carrington (6) He did all that was required of him but has no ability to get past their midfielders.

Wedgbury (7) Mopped up most threats and worked hard.

Kelly (4) Has ability but no pace. He's not a winger.

Boden (4) Had one half chance before his substitution but took one touch too many. Hopefully better to come but still looks ring rusty, which is a worry.

Massanka (5) Frustrating, I know. Can't really win the ball in the air and gets caught offside. However, we are not playing good balls on the ground for him to run onto.

Subs:

Reid (7) Great debut. Changed the whole game and took his goal well. Great signing by DK.

Rutherford (5) Busy.

Hurst (4) Clumsy.

2 mid-table teams going through the motions after only 4 games. Not good. DK has stayed loyal to some underperforming players but now needs to have a rethink. Understand why folk criticise Carrington but, in this set-up, any creativity is supposed to come from the wingers. Last night, Kelly and MacKreth were again poor. However, our worst performing player remains Jennings; he needs to grow up and get a grip.

I found our misuse of throw-ins very frustrating. These are all things that need addressing on the training ground. I think that L Smith and Wright deserve a start, and 4-4-2 clearly isn't working.

Thankfully, Reid's display got us out of gaol but, fundamentally, our whole is currently much less than the individuals. Must buck up and do better!

Another great attendance, by the way!

louisleftboot 16th August 2017 07.37:43

Looking at some knowledgable posters it's clear we're not playing to Massankas strengths.

Come on Keates, mix it up a bit! Disappointed with how Kelly seems to be getting on.

krux 16th August 2017 07.44:15

[QUOTE=louisleftboot;2062187]Looking at some knowledgable posters it's clear we're [B]not playing to Massankas strengths.[/B]

Come on Keates, mix it up a bit! Disappointed with how Kelly seems to be getting on.[/QUOTE]

There is still plenty of hoofing going on, which is inevitable as we are not good enough to play it on the floor. So we still need a big man.

We seem to have 4 strikers who need to play alongside a big man.

bartonbank 16th August 2017 08.19:16

Massanka has sufficient pace to be onside by a yard and still win a foot race with most defenders. He has no need to be caught offside so often.

moldroadred 16th August 2017 08.31:50

[QUOTE=Prodigal Dragon;2062186]Dunn (7) Earned his corn in the second-half. Needs to improve his kicking.

Roberts (6) Solid defensively but yet to get forward effectively. Took some clattering tackles. Can only improve.

M Smith (8) Won just about everything. A few wayward passes and headers but that's due to lack of movement by others. My MOTM once again.

Pearson (7) Good captain and leads the line well.

Jennings (3) Poor and stupid! He is our defensive weak-link.

MacKreth (3) Poor and hardly in the game.

Carrington (6) He did all that was required of him but has no ability to get past their midfielders.

Wedgbury (7) Mopped up most threats and worked hard.

Kelly (4) Has ability but no pace. He's not a winger.

Boden (4) Had one half chance before his substitution but took one touch too many. Hopefully better to come but still looks ring rusty, which is a worry.

Massanka (5) Frustrating, I know. Can't really win the ball in the air and gets caught offside. However, we are not playing good balls on the ground for him to run onto.

Subs:

Reid (7) Great debut. Changed the whole game and took his goal well. Great signing by DK.

Rutherford (5) Busy.

Hurst (4) Clumsy.

2 mid-table teams going through the motions after only 4 games. Not good. DK has stayed loyal to some underperforming players but now needs to have a rethink. Understand why folk criticise Carrington but, in this set-up, any creativity is supposed to come from the wingers. Last night, Kelly and MacKreth were again poor. However, our worst performing player remains Jennings; he needs to grow up and get a grip.

I found our misuse of throw-ins very frustrating. These are all things that need addressing on the training ground. I think that L Smith and Wright deserve a start, and 4-4-2 clearly isn't working.

Thankfully, Reid's display got us out of gaol but, fundamentally, our whole is currently much less than the individuals. Must buck up and do better!

Another great attendance, by the way![/QUOTE]

I very much agree with these ratings.

Really disappointed with Kelly and Boden so far, don't think Kelly would improve being moved infield but it may be worth a try as he seems well off the pace playing wide left.

Phils-an-alki 16th August 2017 08.52:34

Dunn 6 some iffy rushes of blood
Roberts- 6 did ok not spectacular
Pearson-7 solid
Smith -7 solid
Jennings - 6 as per Roberts

Macreth - 6 one of the better midfield performers at least he got involved where possible. Far better than Rutherford
Wedgebury- 7 did the work of two players due to the shadow who partnered him in midfield. I'll judge him when he's not alone in centre mid
Carrington 2 - he probably had about 5 touches all game. Useless useless useless. How on earth he's got 6's after that no show is beyond me. Woeful and with him in midfield we're going nowhere. Open your eyes Dean FFS.
Kelly 4. - ok first half one great pass across their back line to Macreth, second half he just went missing. Expected better after so much hype on here.
Massanka - 3 .Good god. Cannot head the ball if his life depended on it. No where near what's needed. Send him back to Burnley now. Never looked like coming close to scoring, pointless signing.
Boden - 4 Showed more than Massanka and I could not believe he got subbed and Massanka stayed on. Needs decent players around him like a player who he can feed off. Massanka is never that player.

Things I noticed. When our fullbacks or midfielders have the ball our front two had no idea what ball was going to played therefore they often made the wrong run or the wrong pass was made to play them in. We looked like strangers thrown together at times.

Luckily Gateshead are also pap and they made the mistake which cost them but it could have the other way round easily.

We severely lack creativity. The centre mid partnership is dysfunctional and it's a real concern DK is pursuing this.

From that performance we're 3/4 players short of doing anything.

Positives new striker looks better and must start ahead of Massanka.
We didn't concede manny and Pearson are rocks god help us if they get injured we'll be fooked.
Decent attendance.
It didn't rain.

Overall I didn't leave the ground feeling optimistic despite the win. Totally underwhelmed. We're so toothless it's criminal.

Foxy 16th August 2017 08.57:13

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2062217]Dunn 6 some iffy rushes of blood
Roberts- 6 did ok not spectacular
Pearson-7 solid
Smith -7 solid
Jennings - 6 as per Roberts

Macreth - 6 one of the better midfield performers at least he got involved where possible. Far better than Rutherford
Wedgebury- 7 did the work of two players due to the shadow who partnered him in midfield. I'll judge him when he's not alone in centre mid
Carrington 2 - he probably had about 5 touches all game. Useless useless useless. How on earth he's got 6's after that no show is beyond me. Woeful and with him in midfield we're going nowhere. Open your eyes Dean FFS.
Kelly 4. - ok first half one great pass across their back line to Macreth, second half he just went missing. Expected better after so much hype on here.
Massanka - 3 .Good god. Cannot head the ball if his life depended on it. No where near what's needed. Send him back to Burnley now. Never looked like coming close to scoring, pointless signing.
Boden - 4 Showed more than Massanka and I could not believe he got subbed and Massanka stayed on. Needs decent players around him like a player who he can feed off. Massanka is never that player.

Things I noticed. When our fullbacks or midfielders have the ball our front two had no idea what ball was going to played therefore they often made the wrong run or the wrong pass was made to play them in. We looked like strangers thrown together at times.

Luckily Gateshead are also pap and they made the mistake which cost them but it could have the other way round easily.

We severely lack creativity. The centre mid partnership is dysfunctional and it's a real concern DK is pursuing this.

From that performance we're 3/4 players short of doing anything.

Positives new striker looks better and must start ahead of Massanka.
We didn't concede manny and Pearson are rocks god help us if they get injured we'll be fooked.
We didn't concede.
Decent attendance.
It didn't rain.

Overall I didn't leave the ground feeling optimistic despite the win. Totally underwhelmed. We're so toothless it's criminal.[/QUOTE]

You are right about Smith and Pearson . They will ensure we don't get dragged into the bottom ten places. If anything happens to either I dread to think....

Would really like Fyfield as a back up left sided central defender who can also cover left back.

fezbob 16th August 2017 09.06:13

[QUOTE=bartonbank;2062204]Massanka has sufficient pace to be onside by a yard and still win a foot race with most defenders. He has no need to be caught offside so often.[/QUOTE]

In fairness to him, there were quite a few incorrect offside calls against him last night. Not sure what game the linesman was watching.

stanvax 16th August 2017 09.08:59

A lot of teams are playing 4-2-3-1 these days for a reason - it would suit us well with our squad. The 2 holding midfielders allowing the 4 up top to bomb on. Makes the most of our resources I think

Dunn

Roberts
Smith
Pearson
Jennings

Wedgbury
Wright

Rutherford
Boden
Mackreth

Reid

blackbrookred 16th August 2017 09.14:03

[QUOTE=fezbob;2062227]In fairness to him, there were quite a few incorrect offside calls against him last night. Not sure what game the linesman was watching.[/QUOTE]

There were a lot of marginal calls but as bad as the officials were I think they got the majority right. I will also say that although he clearly needs to read the line better, there were also times when the through ball was delayed for no reason, so by the time it was played he had strayed offside.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Prodigal Dragon 16th August 2017 09.30:46

[QUOTE=bartonbank;2062204]Massanka has sufficient pace to be onside by a yard and still win a foot race with most defenders. He has no need to be caught offside so often.[/QUOTE]

Agree.

This needs to be instilled in him but, equally, no one seemed to be able to thread a ball through on the ground. The ball was taken to A&E after the game suffering from altitude sickness!;)

fezbob 16th August 2017 09.32:14

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2062231]There were a lot of marginal calls but as bad as the officials were I think they got the majority right. I will also say that although he clearly needs to read the line better, there were also times when the through ball was delayed for no reason, so by the time it was played he had strayed offside.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I was directly in line with a few of the calls made in the first half and the linesman was definitely not watching where Massanka was standing when the ball was first played. Agree about delayed balls, particularly in the first half. There were a few occasions where Kelly in particular held on far too long.

dagg 16th August 2017 09.35:03

[QUOTE=Foxy;2062221]You are right about Smith and Pearson . They will ensure we don't get dragged into the bottom ten places. If anything happens to either I dread to think....

[COLOR="Red"]Would really like Fyfield as a back up left sided central defender who can also cover left back[/COLOR].[/QUOTE]

I thought Fyfield had a very good game.

Screwe Alexander 16th August 2017 09.45:56

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2062217]
[/QUOTE]

You must have been watching a different game to me then. I can't remember Mackreth moving further than 5 yards from the touchline and must have only touched the ball about 10 times, he was totally anonymous. For all Rutherford's faults he got through more work than JM last night and helped change the game.

B10Red 16th August 2017 09.50:04

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2062231]There were a lot of marginal calls but as bad as the officials were I think they got the majority right. I will also say that although he clearly needs to read the line better, there were also times when the through ball was delayed for no reason, so by the time it was played he had strayed offside.

He makes the job easy for the assistant referee and defender because his runs are so predictable...

wrexhamforever16 16th August 2017 09.57:17

[QUOTE=WREX01;2062153]Boden is still getting to match fitness and at least has a football brain. Massanka is just rubbish , thankfully his loan is up in January.

Where did you see this brain? I just seen a non interested footballer who barely attempted to get in to the game. Massanka was making runs, looking to feet. Remember the lad is still really young yeah.

wrexhamforever16 16th August 2017 09.59:14

He was making runs and asking last night about 5 seconds before a player on the ball bothered to play the pass. Easy to pick on him rather than the man releasing the ball to slow as we'd rather go sidewards.

moldroadred 16th August 2017 10.03:26

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2062217][B]Dunn 6 some iffy rushes of blood
[/B][/QUOTE]

Really? When were those?

krux 16th August 2017 10.04:07

[QUOTE=dagg;2062244]I thought Fyfield had a very good game.[/QUOTE]

great defensively but limited going forward for a wing back.

gazaw 16th August 2017 10.06:15

[QUOTE=[Removed User];2062144]We escaped a few times first half but generally looked increasingly solid but wholly lacking penetration. If any of those three balls across goal which didn't get dealt with had gone in we'd have been talking major central defensive errors and a very different game. I wonder what the ratings would have been then?

In some senses we learned nothing new tonight. Three central midfielders competing in space where only two should be. Nothing much creative through the middle until Reid and Rutherford came on.

A number of observations on specific players.

Manny - outside of the box his heading is Beast like and in the car home I happily conceded that I couldn't recall him going to ground at all, let alone too early, which is a criticism I've previously levelled. One observation though.

There may be an argument on the total (between 5 and 8 depending on which of us you talk to) but one reason he may not have been MotM is that, under no pressure, he boomed headers clear with beautiful technique again and again... straight to the opposition midfield! Appreciate he's not a great passer but, when you have time to get it down, then get it down and give it your own man even if it's just one of the back four.

Roberts - sneaking suspicion he's going to be a contender for player of the season. Calm, very intelligent position wise and a decent passer. Difficult to get paste even for aggressive players. Reminds me of Macca at his quiet best. Watch this space.

Wedgebury - not yet consistent but had a good spell in the first half and was Harris and Keates combined in the second.

Pearson - fine in the air. Fine on the floor. Struggling everywhere in between. A number of route one clearances (which I've no problem with) which were screwed well high and wide of where he intended and, like Manny's headers, tended to cede possession or put us under unnecessary pressure.

Massanka - needs the ball in front of him to run onto. We've not played to that strength most of the time he's been here. Again though, like Maidenhead, he put in a shift with very little service and his lay offs were either good or at least switched play and caused problems.

Can he head? He'd have to jump first according to some. Have already observed that these are not gifts possessed by Boden or Holroyd either though. He's physically stronger than last season and whilst it's not perfect it's also not a 1 or 2.

Case in point. Reid comes on and has clearly watched and understood that he and Massanka play in straight lines. One goes up whilst the other sits behind looking to flick on with foot or head. Massanka immediately came more into the game; broke the offside trap at least twice (wrongly called by the assistant ref) and got some lovely flicked headers on. None of this was a coincidence. The goal when it came was from a beautiful flicked on header by Massanka.

Reid - clearly a potent threat and with that nice nasty cute edge all great players have but that will be halved if he is paired with Boden. Looking forward to seeing the video of the goal and seeing two months of Reid.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with your views about Massanka playing in straight lines, as you say he cushioned a couple of nice headers into the path of Reid and both players linked well.
Given that the service from midfield is so poor any forward would struggle in our team that said the midfield is by-passed when the ball is played forward from our defenders. HOOF FOOTBALL is never nice to watch.
We desperately need a general in the middle with vision and most of all composure very difficult to find at this level of football but if you scout hard enough a gem can be found they are around. A player similar to Russell Penn would make an immense difference to this team. I remember a player we signed a few years ago named Danny Sonner having such impact, until we have such a play maker in the team we will continue in the same vain.

fifaking 16th August 2017 10.08:20

Dunn did what he had to do, but he does have a tendency to push the ball right into danger. I'll have to see a replay of that shot at the end to see whether it was actually a very good shot and he was at full stretch, if so then full credit.

Manny and Pearson were both immense, thought Manny was nailed onto win MOTM. Burrow and Peniket were largely dealt with very well.

Roberts and Jennings both had solid but unspectacular games. A few times Roberts linked up well with Mackreth and Wedgbury going forward.. can see he's getting fitter and better.

Thought Wedgbury played well, particularly in the first half; breaking up play and the only one who seemed to be trying to get attacks started without hoofball, looking to move the ball about to either flank. For me I didn't really see Carrington involved in the match too much.
As a two together they were far too deep, so much distance between them and the front two, Boden having to drop really deep.

Kelly was not involved that much at all really; a few nice passes in particular one great ball over the top that Boden couldn't control quick enough. He was largely in York's back pocket who also knocked the ball past him far too easily going forward for the Heed. I think he has to be in the middle (whether 4-4-2 or 4-4-3) or not be playing at all, get Leo Smith on the wing instead of him who by all accounts had a good pre-season.
Mackreth again was very comfortably dealt with by Fyfield most of the match, some poor touches. Tough night for him.

Boden didn't have the best of nights not helped at all by how deep he was dropping at times, which in turn left a huge gap to Massanka.
Massanka made some good lay offs at times. At the time I thought a few offside calls were wrong, but was getting caught far too many times where he was definitely offside. He improved a lot after Reid came on.

Reid: well I'm not sure whether he looks to be a genuinely threatening forward or as we have seen nothing in the game or previous games, when someone comes on and immediately look to make runs behind the defence and pointing to where he wants the ball we are suddenly taken aback. A tidy finish on the angle.

General thoughts:
- Manny and Pearson are brilliant together, you would hope last night will be the first of many clean sheets we'll keep
- For me Wedgbury and Carrington don't work together in a 4-4-2
- Not sure what Akil Wright has done wrong, granted I didn't go to Dover but has he been made a scapegoat for that loss and dropped?
- Kelly shouldn't be playing on the wing, needs to be in the middle or get someone else on the LW.
- Alex Reid probably did more in half an hour than all our forwards in 4 matches have done so far, must start at Maidstone

TomWFC 16th August 2017 10.08:31

[QUOTE=moldroadred;2062276]Really? When were those?[/QUOTE]

Dunn can be quite a solid shot-stopper, but he can also be very hesitant to come out and claim or clear. He doesn't dominate his box as much as he should do.

draig arian 16th August 2017 10.09:37

Re: Gateshead ratings

[QUOTE=smiffysarmy;2062111]Manny and Pearson were rocks.

Alex Reid looks like a proper centre forward. Quick, good touch and movement. Obviously it's early to judge on 20 mins but he looks the part.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree. What we would do without Manny and Pearson I don't really know. Alex Reid, for a Wrexham supporter, was a joy to watch. His ' flick ons' first class. He made Nassanka look like a complete novice. My worry re Reid is why just 2 mths ?. Is this Keates's decision or Reid's own club?. Why not the usual 3 months min. or even more?. Keates's success in bringing strikers to the club ( Reid excepted) has been abysmal. Having said that, the new midfielders are'nt much to shout about up to now, but I accept it's early days and they can only get better, I hope.

TomWFC 16th August 2017 10.10:49

[QUOTE=fifaking;2062281]Dunn did what he had to do, but he does have a tendency to push the ball right into danger. I'll have to see a replay of that shot at the end to see whether it was actually a very good shot and he was at full stretch, if so then full credit.

Manny and Pearson were both immense, thought Manny was nailed onto win MOTM. Burrow and Peniket were largely dealt with very well.

Roberts and Jennings both had solid but unspectacular games. A few times Roberts linked up well with Mackreth and Wedgbury going forward.. can see he's getting fitter and better.

Thought Wedgbury played well, particularly in the first half; breaking up play and the only one who seemed to be trying to get attacks started without hoofball, looking to move the ball about to either flank. For me I didn't really see Carrington involved in the match too much.
As a two together they were far too deep, so much distance between them and the front two, Boden having to drop really deep.

Kelly was not involved that much at all really; a few nice passes in particular one great ball over the top that Boden couldn't control quick enough. He was largely in York's back pocket who also knocked the ball past him far too easily going forward for the Heed. I think he has to be in the middle (whether 4-4-2 or 4-4-3) or not be playing at all, get Leo Smith on the wing instead of him who by all accounts had a good pre-season.
Mackreth again was very comfortably dealt with by Fyfield most of the match, some poor touches. Tough night for him.

Boden didn't have the best of nights not helped at all by how deep he was dropping at times, which in turn left a huge gap to Massanka.
Massanka made some good lay offs at times. At the time I thought a few offside calls were wrong, but was getting caught far too many times where he was definitely offside. He improved a lot after Reid came on.

Reid: well I'm not sure whether he looks to be a genuinely threatening forward or as we have seen nothing in the game or previous games, when someone comes on and immediately look to make runs behind the defence and pointing to where he wants the ball we are suddenly taken aback. A tidy finish on the angle.

General thoughts:
- Manny and Pearson are brilliant together, you would hope last night will be the first of many clean sheets we'll keep
- For me Wedgbury and Carrington don't work together in a 4-4-2
- Not sure what Akil Wright has done wrong, granted I didn't go to Dover but has he been made a scapegoat for that loss and dropped?
- Kelly shouldn't be playing on the wing, needs to be in the middle or get someone else on the LW.
- Alex Reid probably did more in half an hour than all our forwards in 4 matches have done so far, must start at Maidstone[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my thoughts exactly, very well said.

moldroadred 16th August 2017 10.33:37

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2062282]Dunn can be quite a solid shot-stopper, but he can also be very hesitant to come out and claim or clear. He doesn't dominate his box as much as he should do.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree regarding the hesitancy but that is the opposite to having a rush of blood.
Not his biggest fan but I thought he did well last night.

Phils-an-alki 16th August 2017 10.34:15

When he rushed out into a crowded area to punch the ball clear and didn't make a big enough clearance. To be fair apart from those few moments he didn't have much to do and made some good saves. He's the least of our problems though!

Phils-an-alki 16th August 2017 10.35:54

[QUOTE=Screwe Alexander;2062253]You must have been watching a different game to me then. I can't remember Mackreth moving further than 5 yards from the touchline and must have only touched the ball about 10 times, he was totally anonymous. For all Rutherford's faults he got through more work than JM last night and helped change the game.[/QUOTE]

He made some good runs that were hardly ever picked up on by his teams apart from when Kelly tried in first half. He wasn't great but I can see something in him maybe being played higher up would benefit him and the team?

Screwe Alexander 16th August 2017 11.11:55

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2062298]He made some good runs that were hardly ever picked up on by his teams apart from when Kelly tried in first half. He wasn't great but I can see something in him maybe being played higher up would benefit him and the team?[/QUOTE]

I think you're probably right that the system doesn't suit his strengths but I was disappointed he didn't come looking for the ball a bit more.

Phils-an-alki 16th August 2017 11.26:12

[QUOTE=Screwe Alexander;2062318]I think you're probably right that the system doesn't suit his strengths but I was disappointed he didn't come looking for the ball a bit more.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can see that. Kelly too was guilty of that. I say go to 4-3-3 I think it would suit the players we have. We're so toothless at the moment it's scary. Not even creating 3 chances last night.

TheTyphoon 16th August 2017 11.51:00

[QUOTE=Wrex4life;2062105]Did you even go to the same game?[/QUOTE]

Did you go to the same game???? This was spot on from where I was sat.

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 16th August 2017 12.12:30

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2062128]Can't believe how many are slating Massanka but saying Boden did okay![/QUOTE]

Absolutely, Massanka is completely on his own upfront. The first hour last night was probably as bad as anything in the last ten years. Not sure if Keates has any idea. We look so disjointed and incapable of any domination or control of a game.

Phils-an-alki 16th August 2017 12.13:39

Are there player stats out there for our games? Be interesting to see those.

Foxy 16th August 2017 12.17:42

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2062350]Are there player stats out there for our games? Be interesting to see those.[/QUOTE]

Keates is using stats a lot apparently. Might explain why he picks Carrington in midfield and Boden up front ; whilst all the others may have negative ratings in terms of passes given away, these two won't because they never touch the ball.

Phils-an-alki 16th August 2017 12.21:28

[QUOTE=Foxy;2062352]Keates is using stats a lot apparently. Might explain why he picks Carrington in midfield and Boden up front ; whilst all the others may have negative ratings in terms of passes given away, these two won't because they never touch the ball.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I heard that too. Made me chuckle earlier when I read Carrington "never gives the ball away" Or never makes mistakes. Naive analysis.

Wrex4life 16th August 2017 12.25:14

[QUOTE=TheTyphoon;2062341]Did you go to the same game???? This was spot on from where I was sat.[/QUOTE]

Wedbury and Massanka didn't have good games? And Carrington did? :huh2:

Phils-an-alki 16th August 2017 12.36:39

[QUOTE=Wrex4life;2062358]Wedbury and Massanka didn't have good games? And Carrington did? :huh2:[/QUOTE]

Wedgebury worked his nuts off and tried to close their players down but was sadly alone in this. Massanka is pap. And that was blatantly evident last night.

welshian 16th August 2017 12.58:17

Maybe keates is too busy checking his live data stream to notice what happens on the pitch. How he can continue with the Same approach every time is beyond belief. If Gateshead hadn't been as useless as we are upfront, we would have lost that game.

brymboman 16th August 2017 16.35:24

Is that the Gateshead team that were third in the league before last night

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.34:25.