RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New players (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110444-new-players.html)

Poethlyn 17th September 2017 15.28:49

New players

It is clear to some that we need a creative midfielder and a forward who can keep hold of the ball, but are the club actually looking to bring in any new players

EnglishRed 17th September 2017 15.34:19

Re: New players

I wouldn't imagine so. Keates and Darlington are new to football.

pagl 17th September 2017 15.38:10

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2071889]I wouldn't imagine so. Keates and Darlington are new to football.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh. That explains it then :)

Bryn Tirion 17th September 2017 15.38:26

[QUOTE=Poethlyn;2071886]It is clear to some that we need a creative midfielder and a forward who can keep hold of the ball, but are the club actually looking to bring in any new players[/QUOTE]

Hopefully a new striker in the building sometime next week.

Chicken_feed 17th September 2017 15.38:39

He's magic you know..

NottsRed 17th September 2017 15.40:29

[QUOTE=Bryn Tirion;2071891]Hopefully a new striker in the building sometime next week.[/QUOTE]

Is that the lad who was on trial with Colwyn Bay?

Bryn Tirion 17th September 2017 15.43:59

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2071893]Is that the lad who was on trial with Colwyn Bay?[/QUOTE]

Don't know. Just quoting what Keates has been saying for the past couple of weeks.

Socrates 17th September 2017 15.44:49

[QUOTE=Bryn Tirion;2071891]Hopefully a new striker in the building sometime next week.[/QUOTE]

Obviously

howardrd 17th September 2017 15.54:12

[QUOTE=Poethlyn;2071886]It is clear to some that we need a creative midfielder and a forward who can keep hold of the ball, but are the club actually looking to bring in any new players[/QUOTE]

I'd settle for a creative midfield player. The strikers we have are largely untested due to the complete lack of support from midfield. No matter who we bring in upfront he would struggle the way the team is set up.
One quality, forward facing, midfielder would make a huge difference.. another striker would just add to the wage bill.

John Neals Dynasty 17th September 2017 15.59:32

Give Vose a 6 months contract with the promise of an extension if he earns it. Look for a big forward with experience of a higher level without a club and another Glenn little.. No pressure lol
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

krux 17th September 2017 16.01:13

[QUOTE=howardrd;2071899]I'd settle for a creative midfield player. The strikers we have are largely untested due to the complete lack of support from midfield. No matter who we bring in upfront he would struggle the way the team is set up.
One quality, forward facing, midfielder would make a huge difference.. another striker would just add to the wage bill.[/QUOTE]

The strikers need to pull their weight. At the moment they watch the ball descend from the sky and watch the defender nod it clear, they need.to be giving the defenders a tougher time. A creative midfielder would be good, but a strong forward is absolutely necessary

John Neals Dynasty 17th September 2017 16.05:38

[QUOTE=krux;2071901]The strikers need to pull their weight. At the moment they watch the ball descend from the sky and watch the defender nod it clear, they need.to be giving the defenders a tougher time. A creative midfielder would be good, but a strong forward is absolutely necessary
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Yes I've noticed this we have nobody putting in a challenge upfront when the ball drops from the heavens, Massanka can't head the ball neither can Reid or Boden the only one who can his Holroyd and he lacks strength upfront.

Prodigal Dragon 17th September 2017 16.32:59

Regardless of which combination of players we play in whatever formation, we are currently not good enough.

Bryn Tirion 17th September 2017 16.45:54

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2071900]Give Vose a 6 months contract with the promise of an extension if he earns it. Look for a big forward with experience of a higher level without a club and another Glenn little.. No pressure lol

Vose hasn't played for months. It would take him until about November to get match fit and we don't have a reserve team to give him games.

He could eventually be a decent signing. It wouldn't matter much that he doesn't track back a lot as Keates likes to play with his 2 defensive midfielders. Problem is we need one sooner rather than later.

John Neals Dynasty 17th September 2017 16.56:49

I think an unfit Vose would be an improvement. But yes you're right it would be end of season before he got fit, this no reserve side is another step backwards by the club players aren't getting games. Brian Little did the same and Saunders corrected it.

moynkeepthefaith 17th September 2017 17.11:47

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2071889]I wouldn't imagine so. Keates and Darlington are new to football.[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't get your point here. Guess I am not on the same mental wavelength.

Bigmike 17th September 2017 17.12:33

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2071905]Yes I've noticed this we have nobody putting in a challenge upfront when the ball drops from the heavens, Massanka can't head the ball neither can Reid or Boden the only one who can his Holroyd and he lacks strength upfront.

I like what I have seen so far from Holroyd. I agree JND that he is not a beast of a target man. However as you say he is decent in the air. He takes up good positions and makes good runs. I loved his entry onto the pitch when he came on as sub in the Hartlepool game. He barged into one of their big defenders to let him/them know what he was about. He isn't match fit re his injury. I feel he is going to turn out to be a good signing.

moynkeepthefaith 17th September 2017 17.17:09

[QUOTE=Bigmike;2071919]I like what I have seen so far from Holroyd. I agree JND that he is not a beast of a target man. However as you say he is decent in the air. He takes up good positions and makes good runs. I loved his entry onto the pitch when he came on as sub in the Hartlepool game. He barged into one of their big defenders to let him/them know what he was about. He isn't match fit re his injury. I feel he is going to turn out to be a good signing.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree - he needs game time and I believe that was the idea yesterday. In the end Reid and Massanka will go back so we have to ensure our 'permenant' front men are match fit.

EnglishRed 17th September 2017 17.21:31

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2071918]I honestly don't get your point here. Guess I am not on the same mental wavelength.[/QUOTE]

I was being facetious. I hate all these threads that pop up when people are annoyed.

Any manager is constantly looking to improve their squad. I have no doubt we are looking for new players. But we know Keates is methodical in his approach and they have to be the right players.

jonesfach 17th September 2017 20.22:52

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2071900]Give Vose a 6 months contract with the promise of an extension if he earns it. Look for a big forward with experience of a higher level without a club and another Glenn little.. No pressure lol

Do you know something or are you guessing JND?;)

OneLoveWrexham 17th September 2017 20.26:53

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2071976]Do you know something or are you guessing JND?;)[/QUOTE]
Looks like you know something though ;)

jonesfach 17th September 2017 20.28:15

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2071981]Looks like you know something though ;)[/QUOTE]

Just a little whisper....could be wrong though.:eek:

OneLoveWrexham 17th September 2017 20.29:34

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2071983]Just a little whisper....could be wrong though.:eek:[/QUOTE]
Anything exciting?

pagl 17th September 2017 20.49:53

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2071920]I completely agree - he needs game time and I believe that was the idea yesterday. In the end Reid and Massanka will go back so we have to ensure our 'permenant' front men are match fit.[/QUOTE]

Holroyd ok but Boden does not look good enough anyway and we would need another 2 loan players to supplement the squad anyway.

saltney red 17th September 2017 21.02:14

Holroyd was my motm yesterday, at least he ran his balls off and tried to create something and still not 100% fit.

Congy Red 17th September 2017 21.14:38

Is Vose coming back? Article in Leader, hints from posters, and another rumour about a player joining who hasn't played for a while. I think it would be popular, but I'm not sure it would be effective.

John Neals Dynasty 17th September 2017 22.08:48

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2071976]Do you know something or are you guessing JND?;)[/QUOTE]

No its wishful thinking by me.

John Neals Dynasty 17th September 2017 22.11:22

😈

Lets Av A Riot 17th September 2017 23.33:24

[QUOTE=Bryn Tirion;2071896]Don't know. Just quoting what Keates has been saying for the past couple of weeks.[/QUOTE]
MONTHS not weeks

moynkeepthefaith 18th September 2017 05.00:45

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2071921]I was being facetious. I hate all these threads that pop up when people are annoyed.

Any manager is constantly looking to improve their squad. I have no doubt we are looking for new players. But we know Keates is methodical in his approach and they have to be the right players.[/QUOTE]

Thank god, thought we had lost you there :)

EnglishRed 18th September 2017 06.21:46

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2071997]Is Vose coming back? Article in Leader, hints from posters, and another rumour about a player joining who hasn't played for a while. I think it would be popular, but I'm not sure it would be effective.[/QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of Vose but I can't see him being Keates sort of player?

Funny_Old_Game 18th September 2017 06.33:27

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2072029]I'm a big fan of Vose but I can't see him being Keates sort of player?[/QUOTE]

No, he takes risks and is exciting to watch. Definitely not Keates cup of tea.

Colonel D 18th September 2017 06.57:55

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2072029]I'm a big fan of Vose but I can't see him being Keates sort of player?[/QUOTE]

More likely to be Rory Donnelly

Cuddington Red 18th September 2017 07.04:42

Danny Wright?

moynkeepthefaith 18th September 2017 07.04:44

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2072033]No, he takes risks and is exciting to watch. Definitely not Keates cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

He is also without a club which might suggest he is also not a lot of other managers 'cup of tea'

Phils-an-alki 18th September 2017 07.55:30

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2072038]He is also without a club which might suggest he is also not a lot of other managers 'cup of tea'[/QUOTE]

To be fair there's loads of good players without a club so that doesn't wash. If we sign Vose he would without doubt make us play better football.

BillEBadass 18th September 2017 08.00:54

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2072046]To be fair there's loads of good players without a club so that doesn't wash. If we sign Vose he would without doubt make us play better football.[/QU

We do have a bit of an obsession with ex players but I agree with Phil - he would make us play better - was he ever that fit when he was with us before? - he certainly didn't 'put himself about'. It can only be his attitude that has let him down as he does have the skills to play at a higher level - he's certainly worth a three month contract to give him chance to prove his worth.

redmatt 18th September 2017 08.08:13

VOSE would be a massive improvement in what we have, and as someone posted before, the tracking back not such a big deal with the defence we have & the 2 holding midfields

Bryn Tirion 18th September 2017 09.02:10

[QUOTE=redmatt;2072049]VOSE would be a massive improvement in what we have, and as someone posted before, the tracking back not such a big deal with the defence we have & the 2 holding midfields

It was me who said that but I also said that he hasn't played for months and wouldn't be match fit for weeks. We can't even give him reserve games to play in to bring him on.

Ooh aah Paskin 18th September 2017 11.43:14

Vose can play on the left. Which is a weakness of ours at the moment.
I have my reservations about the lad but he would (hopefully) get things going a bit more..

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.37:18.