RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Stupidest/Best thing you've heard at a Wrexham match (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110615-stupidest-best-thing-youve-heard-wrexham-match.html)

Legends of '78 10th October 2017 22.45:38

Stupidest/Best thing you've heard at a Wrexham match

Or another match, whether it be Wales or neutral.

Bonus points if you own up and admit it was you looking a tool, like I did vs Kettering.

Believe it was the last game of the season in our first season down here and decided to go down to Kettering to watch us with a mate (lost 1-0), during the whole game we noticed a bunch of yobbos, no older than 12-13 giving us the V's and mouthing us off, this intensifies obviously after the goal, this results in me, being about 17 or 18, shouting to them that they had School in the Morning, to which my friend pointed out that the day was a Saturday.

I shouted to a bunch of kids that they had school in the morning, on a Saturday. :(:(:(

Anyone think they can outd**k me on that?

howardrd 10th October 2017 23.09:20

Re: Stupidest/Best thing you've heard at a Wrexham match

By far the stupidest thing I can remember was an announcement at Cae Ras "our sponsors have named Christian Smith as man of the match". Does anyone remember what game that was? Christian soon after joined the Deviants (he really was that bad!) and, according to wiki, is now with Maidenhead.
A close second was this season agaist Guisely when some wit shouted that the ref was spoiling a bad game!

rhosred 11th October 2017 05.33:31

This season coming from the Woking game 2 lads talking said I don’t like manny Smith he is sh*t he makes to many tackles
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

steve 11th October 2017 06.43:27

Many years ago remember 2 oldish fellas on the kop used to give Steve Watkin shed loads and this particular game were really digging him out, anyway he scored a cracking winning goal towards the end of the game and there was mad celebrating apart from these two stubborn sods who refused to
even clap ☺

krux 11th October 2017 06.49:35

I was sitting next to this lad at the first game of the 13-14 season talking about new players etc.

'Do you know who I was sorry to see go?' he said.

Of course I was expecting him to say Danny Wright as he had just jumped ship to FGR

'Jamie Tolley' came the reply. I nearly dropped my brew!

Now I rated Tolley more than most, but clearly we lost better players at that time, and it had been 12 months since Tolley joined mansfield anyway!

Royal welsh red 11th October 2017 06.52:10

Tranmere away a few years back. Was sat with my friend and we bring Shaun Holmes on.
I turn to my friend and say “what the hell have we brought him on for? He won’t change the game.” Next thing, BANG 25 yard screamer to win us the game.
I was happy to be a cretin that day.

redone 11th October 2017 06.56:37

last year listening to a home match with gary in charge things not so good crowd on one ,comentator says looks like a sub , in the background all you here is an irate fan shouting WHATS HE DOIN NOW!!!

Kiddy Dragon 11th October 2017 07.05:06

Early 90's busy time at work, in a rush to make ko collected no. 2 son and set off for the Coventry City ground. Arrived to find an eerie silence around the ground. The game was in Wrexham.

Sir Crispin Lane 11th October 2017 07.06:21

"Bring back Dixie" during one of the early Flynnie games. I suspect we'd never have had the wonderful 92-93 season if the board had listened.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.18:35.