RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Points lost during Match day announcements- 4 (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110720-points-lost-during-match-day-announcements-4-a.html)

JonWrexhamfc 28th October 2017 16.15:30

Points lost during Match day announcements- 4

Goals conceded against Sutton and Orient during stupid announcements. Professional players should deal with it but ultimately they're like a dog barking in your ear. Leave them until full time. You just knew it was going to happen.

welshian 28th October 2017 16.17:18

Re: Points lost during Match day announcements- 4

grasping at straws. I've heard it all now.

Bryn Tirion 28th October 2017 16.27:45

[QUOTE=JonWrexhamfc;2083602]Goals conceded against Sutton and Orient during stupid announcements. Professional players should deal with it but ultimately they're like a dog barking in your ear. Leave them until full time. You just knew it was going to happen.[/QUOTE]

The announcer always seems to come on when we are defending corners. God knows why!!!

JonWrexhamfc 28th October 2017 16.31:51

[QUOTE=welshian;2083604]grasping at straws. I've heard it all now.[/QUOTE]
Nope. There was a similar thread post Sutton. Leave them till full time. No reason not to.

billybersham 28th October 2017 16.49:43

[QUOTE=JonWrexhamfc;2083602]Goals conceded against Sutton and Orient during stupid announcements. Professional players should deal with it but ultimately they're like a dog barking in your ear. Leave them until full time. You just knew it was going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Yes thought exactly the same as soon as he started to announce it,does he watch the bloody game.

welshian 28th October 2017 16.54:55

[QUOTE=JonWrexhamfc;2083611]Nope. There was a similar thread post Sutton. Leave them till full time. No reason not to.[/QUOTE]

maybe you have a point. doesn't do any harm to leave them until the end, or when the corner is ours!

Bryn Tirion 28th October 2017 16.59:44

[QUOTE=JonWrexhamfc;2083611]Nope. There was a similar thread post Sutton. Leave them till full time. No reason not to.[/QUOTE]

Yes I've mentioned this before. Can't remember if it was the Eastleigh or Sutton game. It's bloody ridiculous.

Funny_Old_Game 28th October 2017 17.01:39

Thought the same, sheer idiocy to be talking when there’s a corner for starters. It shouldn’t affect the players of course, but it might take 1% of their concentration so why do it. No brains.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hometown Unicorn 28th October 2017 17.10:44

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2083658]Thought the same, sheer idiocy to be talking when there’s a corner for starters. It shouldn’t affect the players of course, but it might take 1% of their concentration so why do it. No brains.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Takes a year to announce it too. Very annoying.

Redted 28th October 2017 17.15:59

The announcements during the game are irritating

Bangor Red 28th October 2017 17.18:27

I thought the same:confused:

Funny_Old_Game 28th October 2017 17.23:41

[QUOTE=owain94;2083666]Takes a year to announce it too. Very annoying.[/QUOTE]

Half an hour to shout out the Welsh announcement first.

Redted 28th October 2017 17.27:09

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2083673]Half an hour to shout out the Welsh announcement first.
I know. Just say it in English like we did for years. I'm sure even ardent nationalists would understand. It's just distracting and shouldn't offend anyone if just in English. As there must be a large percentage of fans who don't speak Welsh, but we all understand English.

Gas Powered Rattle 28th October 2017 17.30:52

Beaten to it!

It's nothing short of announcement lunacy.

Is that fool sitting in his little box waiting for the most delicate moment to boom out total and completely unnecessary shxxte at maximum decibels?

It's insane!

Sums up the naivety of those running the club.

Imagine I'm enjoying a passionate evening in a remote hotel and the magic moment is approaching when the concierge bursts in to ask if I'm enjoying myself?

pagl 28th October 2017 17.34:54

I think that someone announced to Dunn just before HT that the ball had gone out :)

welshwoman 28th October 2017 17.37:54

Funny that , because we commented on that as the corner was taken.👍

pagl 28th October 2017 17.48:01

How about the goal announcement at 2-2 - 'scorer Mark Ellis' it was so abrupt it was funny.

willyheckerslike 28th October 2017 17.48:30

The announcer needs to return to Crewe Station where he would fit in much better.....cant understand a word he says and speaks at the most inappropriate times.....

fezbob 28th October 2017 18.05:37

If our players can't cope with an announcement then they might want to reconsider their career.

WrexSi 28th October 2017 18.10:31

Totally agree with most of these comments. Whole thing is totally a bugbear of mine, every home game. I arrive early to chat with a large group of fans in the MRS and as early as 40 mins before KO. Instead of being able to chat, we are all shouting at each other as an endless stream of stuff is bellowed out of the overloud speakers, for the benefit of what must be less than 200 fans, as most sensible people are still in the bar/pub or still making their way to the game. It’s the same at HT, music thundering continuously so you can’t discuss the first half with anyone.
And of course, as everyone is saying here now, inappropriate and overlong announcements during the game. And often not when the ball is out of play, player being fixed due to an injury etc, it’s while the game is in full flow instead. As another fan has said, is the announcer even watching the game? Are they in a broom-cupboard under the stand?
I too have been waiting for some of these announcements to not only spoil pre-match and HT period, but ultimately a critical moment in the match, and now it’s happened.
It could be said we are clutching at straws or overreacting, but it really is a pain in the hoop tbh.
Personally I quite like the welsh/English announcements, but speed them up for goodness sake, and do them during breaks in play.

JonWrexhamfc 28th October 2017 18.11:55

[QUOTE=fezbob;2083719]If our players can't cope with an announcement then they might want to reconsider their career.

Alternatively, perhaps announcements shouldn't be announced during crucial times. Much like perhaps, MVG during darts, someone shouting in the crowd. It shouldn't, but can put you off depending on that persons state or strength of mind.

Connolly2000 28th October 2017 18.14:51

I was thinking the same. Announcing mom as they equalise. Or is it just me watching the game. Nah. Most of us in the mold road smelt that goal coming.

Sarge 28th October 2017 18.53:38

Never forget years ago Wrexham Away v York City 0 0 five mins to go...old fashioned blood and guts 0 0 draw about to finish.. Corner to York with Wrexham player receiving treatment., announcer sees break in play and says MOM For York is Tony Barras.. ( York centre half)...cue corner and Mr Barras plonks said corner into net....bugger...!!!!

Ugolini 28th October 2017 19.44:11

I said that they were distracted at the time! Not the best time to make announcements. Wait until the end of the match!

Redted 28th October 2017 20.59:27

[QUOTE=Ugolini;2083767]I said that they were distracted at the time! Not the best time to make announcements. Wait until the end of the match![/QUOTE]

Hopefully they'll read this and keep quiet until the end of the game!

Parcini 28th October 2017 21.18:58

[QUOTE=Redted;2083676]I know. Just say it in English like we did for years. I'm sure even ardent nationalists would understand. It's just distracting and shouldn't offend anyone if just in English. As there must be a large percentage of fans who don't speak Welsh, but we all understand English.[/QUOTE]

I know,what’s the point of other languages even existing when everybody understands English anyway.

HugoMontenegro 28th October 2017 21.27:19

I totally agree. Announcements should not be made made while play is in progress

Sean Reckless 28th October 2017 21.47:45

when the ball went dead for the corner the announcement in welsh started. then 138notout? started in English. there was ample opportunity to pause.
If we talk about marginal gains that was one for Orient as anyone Wrexham related was waiting for the announcement.
Its not the first time as has been pointed out, IIRC the same happened versus Woking but it was cleared off the line.

Green Dragon 28th October 2017 22.28:26

I said at the time the announcement distracted the players and spectators. I spoke to a couple of other people after the game who had the same observation. The Wrexham players seemed to switch off. I’m English but think the English/Welsh announcements are great. A huge part of the clubs identify is Wales and it should be encouraged. Let’s just limit announcements to open play or better at the end of the game. However I still can’t believe we let a player of Mark Ellis experience go unmarked.

deeside_dragon 28th October 2017 22.39:20

[QUOTE=Gas Powered Rattle;2083681]Beaten to it!

It's nothing short of announcement lunacy.

Is that fool sitting in his little box waiting for the most delicate moment to boom out total and completely unnecessary shxxte at maximum decibels?

It's insane!

Sums up the naivety of those running the club.

[B]Imagine I'm enjoying a passionate evening in a remote hotel and the magic moment is approaching when the concierge bursts in to ask if I'm enjoying myself?[/QUOTE]

[/B]

You mean the concierge would put you off that much, another person come's into the room and scores with your partner :eek:

Whitey 28th October 2017 22.46:55

Best excuse ever.......

fezbob 28th October 2017 23.37:24

[QUOTE=Whitey;2083846]Best excuse ever.......[/QUOTE]

For once I agree, people have lost the plot on this one.

foreverared 28th October 2017 23.38:48

Welsh and English announcements piss me off it jusy sounds like we are amateur and are some clicky welsh village side in the middle of farmer country in south wales
OFf

Wrexpress 28th October 2017 23.41:41

I have to say I agree that this is a potential distraction, albeit a well-meaning one, and needs noting for future. Booming out a "man of the match" announcement just as our players are defending a set piece with 4 mins to go just isn't common sense.

In this league teams will try anything to get a little advantage and we need to get streetwise too. Away at Boreham Wood I noted that our "hosts" didn't announce our substitutions or goal, but hooted loudly about their own subs/raffle/car park violations during play.

I'm not saying we should stop announcing opposition subs etc, but we could save attendance and MoM announcements til the exact moment the oppo keeper tries to get his gloves on an 89th-minute inswinging corner. When we're defending, put the mic down!

fezbob 28th October 2017 23.50:50

[QUOTE=foreverared;2083863]Welsh and English announcements piss me off it jusy sounds like we are amateur and are some clicky welsh village side in the middle of farmer country in south wales
OFf[/QUOTE]

Yes, all about being 'clicky' and nothing to do with the fact it's our national language.

Anyone who can't cope with bilingual announcements must have limited brain cells.

highland gunner 29th October 2017 00.17:48

Youve made yourself sound like a complete “Belter” there to be fair la. :44:

flintred1983 29th October 2017 04.56:37

Half time announcement i found funny, talking about chester tickets bloke says will be discussed half time.... Oh that's now lol did he forget where he was

fluffysheepsupporter 29th October 2017 08.14:18

Cue announcer at the next home game " Pay attention everybody . I only have 5 minutes to tell you a lot of things about todays match so we don't interfere with the players concentration during the game. The 50/50, attendance, and man of the match results will be posted on the club website after the game ends"

JonWrexhamfc 29th October 2017 09.31:01

[QUOTE=highland gunner;2083873]Youve made yourself sound like a complete “Belter” there to be fair la. :44:[/QUOTE]

Most seem to agree. The evidence is there, 4 points dropped during announcements. Leave out until full time.

redavid 29th October 2017 10.29:02

Or a break in play ie injury etc. totally agree btw , He came on just as the corner was taken , bloody stupid , its a distraction we don't need .

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.04:21.