RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The league is there for the taking - build the budget January transfer window (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110783-league-there-taking-build-budget-january-transfer-window.html)

foreverared 8th November 2017 23.17:06

The league is there for the taking - build the budget January transfer window

It's plain to see we have the best chance to be amongst it this season more than ever down in this hell hole of a league.

I know Dean is after a striker but surely we can give him more money for the January transfer window with it being there for the taking this season? Does anyone know if there is money available or more that could be made before then?

SOS 2 good strikers and a midfielder

markh 8th November 2017 23.32:32

Re: The league is there for the taking - build the budget January transfer window

Think the board are going to have to assess if we are really close to a promotion winning side. And if they feel we are then they should be looking to try and funnel as much financial support for promotion winning players as they can without causing financial damage the club. At that point perhaps they promote the build the budget to max out spending.
There does appear to be an opportunity here with the team's we have seen so far.

noisy1 9th November 2017 06.18:48

Re: The league is there for the taking - build the budget January transfer window

Is there scope for the club to spend that little bit more this January, knowing that they will recoup a fair amount in the summer now that the Stereophonics are coming back?

LePog 9th November 2017 06.23:25

Taking the FA Cup seriously would've helped. Bet fylde will bank more from beating us, a team in the league below and then likely defeat to Wigan than 3 BTB efforts combined.

Redted 9th November 2017 06.26:48

We've got to go for it this season and back Keates financially. We may never have a better chance of going up.

moynkeepthefaith 9th November 2017 06.58:05

[QUOTE=LePog;2086249]Taking the FA Cup seriously would've helped. Bet fylde will bank more from beating us, a team in the league below and then likely defeat to Wigan than 3 BTB efforts combined.[/QUOTE]

Its all about priorities for me and I am sure the extra income generated by a side in the top 3 will also be substantial if we remain there for the Christmas period. Imagine if our home game against Barrow could see us go top - 6000 at the racecourse and complaints from Ruthinred :)

NottsRed 9th November 2017 08.28:19

Keates needs 4 decent signings in the transfer window....

2 X Striker
2 X Midfielders

We also might need centre back cover but id say we probably have enough.

That's a big ask. We've struggled with our striker signings. Reality is though Boden and MacCreath though should be loaned out as they offer nothing. Massanka well that was as bad a display ive seen from a Wrexham player last night but I have a horrible feeling Keates will try and keep him on.

To move on we need a fair bit of cash for signings and I don't think even with a push on BTB we would have enough.

benwilliams 9th November 2017 08.34:53

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2086296]Keates needs 4 decent signings in the transfer window....

2 X Striker
2 X Midfielders

We also might need centre back cover but id say we probably have enough.

That's a big ask. We've struggled with our striker signings. Reality is though Boden and MacCreath though should be loaned out as they offer nothing. Massanka well that was as bad a display ive seen from a Wrexham player last night but I have a horrible feeling Keates will try and keep him on.

To move on we need a fair bit of cash for signings and I don't think even with a push on BTB we would have enough.[/QUOTE]

I would say as hard as he tries Massanka must go when his loan expires. Boden should probably go on loan but who would take him? I think Mackreth has invaluable pace and whilst frustratingly inconsistent is a useful different option in the squad.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Colonel D 9th November 2017 08.35:53

I would hate to see the efforts of fans building the BTB diluted by fines due to idiots throwing smoke bombs.
Somebody knows who they are so names please and long bans.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.21:10.