RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Drissa Traore (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111448-drissa-traore.html)

cynprifathro 1st March 2018 20.44:30

Drissa Traore

Did Keates bid for Drissa Traore released by FGR yesterday and snapped up by Tranmere today? If not, why not?

Tom wafc 1st March 2018 20.51:04

Re: Drissa Traore

What? Just because Tranmere sign a player doesn't mean we should have been in for him too. He's the type of midfielder that sits in front of the back four and we already have one if not the best in the league in Wedgebury at doing that.

Big A 1st March 2018 20.59:41

[QUOTE=Tom wafc;2119683]What? Just because Tranmere sign a player doesn't mean we should have been in for him too. He's the type of midfielder that sits in front of the back four and we already have one if not the best in the league in Wedgebury at doing that.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious.....

tokyored 1st March 2018 21.28:46

[QUOTE=cynprifathro;2119681]Did Keates bid for Drissa Traore released by FGR yesterday and snapped up by Tranmere today? If not, why not?[/QUOTE]

We can only sign people on loan or players released before the end of January

Cenotaff 1st March 2018 21.31:38

[QUOTE=Big A;2119684]Not sure if serious.....[/QUOTE]

What are you not serious about? Do you not think Wedgbury is one of the top DM's in the league and we have Wright waiting in the wings.

StattoWrexham 1st March 2018 21.34:21

[QUOTE=Big A;2119684]Not sure if serious.....[/QUOTE]

?

Wedgbury is good at what he does in that role and Akil Wright on the bench. We could do with someone who creates and scores, that's why Deverdics was signed!

joe 1st March 2018 22.02:50

Defensive midfielders are the last position we need to strengthen.

Bissell 1st March 2018 22.32:16

If I was Keates, id have signed Whittaker from macc, just what we need.

Hometown Unicorn 1st March 2018 23.40:18

[QUOTE=joe;2119698]Defensive midfielders are the last position we need to strengthen.[/QUOTE]

Here's the answer.

cynprifathro 1st March 2018 23.50:36

Tranmere fans endorse Traore's signing on short term contract to end of season after FGR released him: 'Best player on the pitch in last season's playoff final'...'excellent signing'.

Hometown Unicorn 2nd March 2018 00.02:04

[QUOTE=cynprifathro;2119710]Tranmere fans endorse Traore's signing on short term contract to end of season after FGR released him: 'Best player on the pitch in last season's playoff final'...'excellent signing'.[/QUOTE]

Near enough every signing they make seems an excellent signing on paper. Not every one works out though and they still sit 7 points off the top spot despite probably spending more than every team in this league.

Jambon 2nd March 2018 00.38:58

[QUOTE=cynprifathro;2119710]Tranmere fans endorse Traore's signing on short term contract to end of season after FGR released him: 'Best player on the pitch in last season's playoff final'...'excellent signing'.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't change the fact that we couldn't possibly have signed him as he was released after the transfer window closed.

Red Light 2nd March 2018 06.36:23

[QUOTE=Jambon;2119713]Doesn't change the fact that we couldn't possibly have signed him as he was released after the transfer window closed.[/QUOTE]

No different to Tranmere...........

He would have been a free agent then available for any club to sign.

But I also se this 'method' as a way around the system like what comes first the chicken or the egg provided there is no fee involved - we release him today / you sign him tomorrow - Agreement sorted behind the scenes ?

However, how many midfielders do we need ?
Deverdics & Franks have landed to add to what we already have in the squad.
Leo Smith & Carrington are also there - if we take on any more perhaps we will need to offload too.

borntobered 2nd March 2018 06.49:17

FFS how many times does it have to be spelt out, because we come under Welsh FA we need internatiuonal clearance and therefore no permanent signings (i.e.transfers) can be made outside the transfer window.
We can however sign players on loan and those released by their clubs in the transfer window so are effectively free agents. As Traore was released by FGR this week (i.e. outside the transfer window) we could never sign the player in question at this time

Screwe Alexander 2nd March 2018 07.07:16

[QUOTE=owain94;2119711]Near enough every signing they make seems an excellent signing on paper. Not every one works out though and they still sit 7 points off the top spot despite probably spending more than every team in this league.[/QUOTE]

And near enough every signing they make there is a thread on here asking why we weren't in for him :rolleyes:

LlayDragon 2nd March 2018 09.13:51

[QUOTE=borntobered;2119716]FFS how many times does it have to be spelt out, because we come under Welsh FA we need internatiuonal clearance and therefore no permanent signings (i.e.transfers) can be made outside the transfer window.
We can however sign players on loan and those released by their clubs in the transfer window so are effectively free agents. As Traore was released by FGR this week (i.e. outside the transfer window) we could never sign the player in question at this time[/QUOTE]

Aye; we can only sign free agents if they became free agents before or during the previous transfer window.

This has been the case since the transfer windows came into existence. The situation for other NL clubs has only changed recently when the Conference decided to abolish the transfer windows in their divisions; but this doesn't apply to us as we are under the FAW rather than the FA.

dixienormous 2nd March 2018 09.17:23

[QUOTE=Cenotaff;2119691]What are you not serious about? Do you not think Wedgbury is one of the top DM's in the league and we have Wright waiting in the wings.[/QUOTE]

That's his favourite line.

LWR 2nd March 2018 11.13:54

[QUOTE=cynprifathro;2119681]Did Keates bid for Drissa Traore released by FGR yesterday and snapped up by Tranmere today? [B]If not, why not?[/B][/QUOTE]

Because we wouldnt have been able to sign him outside the transfer window.

So complete none issue.

Jambon 2nd March 2018 11.21:18

[QUOTE=Red Light;2119715]No different to Tranmere...........

He would have been a free agent then available for any club to sign.

[/QUOTE]

Different to Tranmere.
Available to English clubs.

Big A 2nd March 2018 11.48:09

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2119692]?

Wedgbury is good at what he does in that role and Akil Wright on the bench. We could do with someone who creates and scores, that's why Deverdics was signed![/QUOTE]

I disagree. I think he’s average at at best. Still yet to see him boss a game. Anybody we play with any footballing ability just passes around him, forcing him to play as an extra centre back. He puts his body on the line, I agree, but can’t make simple passes.

Hometown Unicorn 2nd March 2018 11.50:53

[QUOTE=Big A;2119762]I disagree. I think he’s average at at best. Still yet to see him boss a game. Anybody we play with any footballing ability just passes around him, forcing him to play as an extra centre back. He puts his body on the line, I agree, but can’t make simple passes.[/QUOTE]

If he could pass better he'd be a league one player.

Big A 2nd March 2018 11.55:21

[QUOTE=owain94;2119763]If he could pass better he'd be a league one player.[/QUOTE]

If I could pass the ball better, I could be a league one player. So could you or anyone else, IF we were better than we are now.

Hometown Unicorn 2nd March 2018 12.03:18

[QUOTE=Big A;2119764]If I could pass the ball better, I could be a league one player. So could you or anyone else, IF we were better than we are now.[/QUOTE]

There's more to being a midfielder than passing the ball. I don't think you've figured that one out yet though.

EnglishRed 2nd March 2018 12.12:16

[QUOTE=borntobered;2119716]FFS how many times does it have to be spelt out, because we come under Welsh FA we need internatiuonal clearance and therefore no permanent signings (i.e.transfers) can be made outside the transfer window.
We can however sign players on loan and those released by their clubs in the transfer window so are effectively free agents. As Traore was released by FGR this week (i.e. outside the transfer window) we could never sign the player in question at this time[/QUOTE]

Every single time.

smiffysarmy 2nd March 2018 12.26:25

Because we, unlike Tranny are governed by the Transfer window and Traore was released after the close of the January window.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 2nd March 2018 13.05:25

Tranmere got the wind in their sails now and really going for it. Obviously hoping to win the League, or at least Play Off favourites . Be an expensive failure if it doesn't come off .

Hometown Unicorn 2nd March 2018 13.32:33

[QUOTE=Wrexham's Patrick Bateman;2119781]Tranmere got the wind in their sails now and really going for it. Obviously hoping to win the League, or at least Play Off favourites . Be an expensive failure if it doesn't come off .[/QUOTE]

They have good gates. I don't think it'll impact them too greatly. They're similar to Luton in that regard, though their crowds aren't quite as big.

RemovedUser 2nd March 2018 14.40:29

Are we compelled to be a member of, and be governed by the FAW, because we are a Welsh Club?

We have spent the overwhelming majority of our existence playing within the “English” system, and it would seem sensible to me to apply for membership of the English equivelant to the FAW. It would at least put us on a level playing field in situations like this and I think Keates has recently alluded to the absurdity of the current position.

To paraphrase.....what has the FAW ever done for us?

dixienormous 2nd March 2018 14.42:58

[QUOTE=Redrobinman;2119791]Are we compelled to be a member of, and be governed by the FAW, because we are a Welsh Club?

We have spent the overwhelming majority of our existence playing within the “English” system, and it would seem sensible to me to apply for membership of the English equivelant to the FAW. It would at least put us on a level playing field in situations like this and I think Keates has recently alluded to the absurdity of the current position.

To paraphrase.....what has the FAW ever done for us?[/QUOTE]

If we have a choice i'd rather be governed by the English FA, I have little or no time for the welsh Fa, even less since they appointed Giggs as manager.

Birdy 2nd March 2018 14.43:06

You can count the number of goals and assists on one hand that Wedgebury has to his name. He is basically a 5th defender in our team. He is an average conference level player at best.

dixienormous 2nd March 2018 14.48:24

[QUOTE=Birdy;2119794]You can count the number of goals and assists on one hand that Wedgebury has to his name. He is basically a 5th defender in our team. He is an average conference level player at best.[/QUOTE]

No way, he's one of the best defensive midfielders I've seen at this level, he just needs someone to take the ball off him and dictate play. If he could do both he'd be playing league one or championship football.

EnglishRed 2nd March 2018 14.55:44

[QUOTE=Birdy;2119794]You can count the number of goals and assists on one hand that Wedgebury has to his name. He is basically a 5th defender in our team. He is an average conference level player at best.[/QUOTE]

Are goals and assists the only thing that count?

sear 2nd March 2018 15.05:45

defensive midfielder must be able to dictate play they have the most space ,all the play is in front of him so he should be able to move the ball forward or wide straight away,no excuses .5th defender yes but must be able pick a pass and do it on a regular basis.

dixienormous 2nd March 2018 15.15:21

[QUOTE=sear;2119802]defensive midfielder must be able to dictate play they have the most space ,all the play is in front of him so he should be able to move the ball forward or wide straight away,no excuses .5th defender yes but must be able pick a pass and do it on a regular basis.[/QUOTE]

His main job is protect the back four or clean any loose balls and sniff out attacks, yes possibly play a simple ball forward. Unfortunately, he has to smack it upfield because we rarely have a full back making a run or another midfielder in front of him. I can't remember Makelele dictating play? He broke attacks up and gave the ball to Zidane. Break up play not dictating it.

cynprifathro 2nd March 2018 15.20:56

Trust me, Tranmere would love to have Wedgebury in their side. He is indeed highly rated by people who know their football well. His reading of the game is excellent as is his work rate on and off the ball, complimented by his good engine. He is a born winner and we are much better for having him in our side. He is a true players' player.

Code Red 2nd March 2018 16.47:22

[QUOTE=Redrobinman;2119791]Are we compelled to be a member of, and be governed by the FAW, because we are a Welsh Club?

I understand what you're saying about the FAW but in reality we've been shafted by the Nat Lge as previously all the clubs had to abide by the transfer window. The Nat Lge, by abolishing the window has put one of it's member clubs at an unfair disadvantage compared to all the others.

Stafford Red 2nd March 2018 17.07:03

We could ground share with Chester too, but our identity and history is far more important than either suggestion.

Haruki 2nd March 2018 17.19:56

Quite simply if you don't rate Wedgebury and don't see him as one of the best players in our division then you don't understand football. He is tipping Pearson for player of the season

Red Light 2nd March 2018 17.24:53

OK response noted - but is the international clearance the potential stumbling block to a player actually playing for us rather than the actual signing of the player ?
Could we not theoretically sign him first and await international clearance / not knowing how long it would take to process ?

If we are treated differently to other clubs we are not playing on a fair and equal playing field - therefore have we ever historically appealed as a club to both the FAW & the National League - if we have I would love to see the response / or have we just sat back and accepted it ?

Seems crazy that we can play in an English league system but are apparently bound by different rules imposed on us by the FAW to our detriment and ultimately Welsh football as a whole.

LWR 2nd March 2018 17.47:58

[QUOTE=Red Light;2119824]OK response noted - but is the international clearance the potential stumbling block to a player actually playing for us rather than the actual signing of the player ?
Could we not theoretically sign him first and await international clearance / not knowing how long it would take to process ?

If we are treated differently to other clubs we are not playing on a fair and equal playing field - therefore have we ever historically appealed as a club to both the FAW & the National League - if we have I would love to see the response / or have we just sat back and accepted it ?

Seems crazy that we can play in an English league system but are apparently bound by different rules imposed on us by the FAW to our detriment and ultimately Welsh football as a whole.[/QUOTE]

It’s only been an issue the last 2 seasons, as the national league and below have done away with the transfer window.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.09:33.