RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Twenty’s plenty (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111494-twenty%92s-plenty.html)

Willywill 12th March 2018 17.30:32

Re: Twenty’s plenty

Moyn, yesterday’s crowd DID surpass the aggregate compared to last season. We are higher in the league compared to last year and going for promotion. That said, the product is bland and very little “feel good factor”. As I walk back to my car after the game, the fans talk is generally negative whether we have won or drawn (we rarely lose at home,granted).
Fans talking seriously about our chances of being promoted should be dreaming of taking opponents apart,not containing them or killing the game (every game).

moynkeepthefaith 12th March 2018 17.43:20

[QUOTE=Willywill;2122001]Moyn, yesterday’s crowd DID surpass the aggregate compared to last season. We are higher in the league compared to last year and going for promotion. That said, the product is bland and very little “feel good factor”. As I walk back to my car after the game, the fans talk is generally negative whether we have won or drawn (we rarely lose at home,granted).
Fans talking seriously about our chances of being promoted should be dreaming of taking opponents apart,not containing them or killing the game (every game).[/QUOTE]

If I understand you correctly being 'higher in the league' and 'going for promotion' is what increases attendances. I saw plenty of smiling faces yesterday and that is nothing to do with my perspective but honestly what I saw. We can kill every game for the next 9 if we finish 3rd for me.

Willywill 12th March 2018 17.49:28

Oh come on. A win against Chester, our number one rivals, would clearly make us all smile. It’s the one game where our winner can come from anywhere and we would be ecstatic. I appreciate your position, but a large chunk of our fan base are not as upbeat or moved as you are.

TWREX 12th March 2018 18.01:28

If you look at the stats on 6 teams around us played 11- won 2 drawn 5 lost 4 is this promotion form? Just asking.

StattoWrexham 12th March 2018 18.17:24

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2121904]Did yesterday's crowd not surpass our aggregate for last season...[/QUOTE]

Careful, we can't have too many facts on here :44:

TaidTom 12th March 2018 18.57:21

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2122038]Careful, we can't have too many facts on here :44:[/QUOTE]

It does seem to spoil debate.

Cymro 12th March 2018 19.06:08

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2121903]Clean sheets mean nothing if you are not scoring goals at the other end . Yes its an impressive result but its not impressive having to watch game after game playing the defensive card over and over and dropping points all over the place .
As far as I am concerned this league is black & white you either get promoted or you don't ,setting up a team week after week defensively will not get us promoted ends ![/QUOTE]

But they obviously do mean something as we are well up there. We could be entertaining and lose 4-3 most weeks but you can bet your bottom dollar that a position fourth from bottom will see our crowds plummet. Truly we need both entertainment and success but it isn't happening and in the end I prefer this way rather than the other way round. I remember the very entertaining West Ham team from decades ago. I don't remember them winning anything significant though

John Neals Dynasty 12th March 2018 19.13:43

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2121903]Clean sheets mean nothing if you are not scoring goals at the other end . Yes its an impressive result but its not impressive having to watch game after game playing the defensive card over and over and dropping points all over the place .
As far as I am concerned this league is black & white you either get promoted or you don't ,setting up a team week after week defensively will not get us promoted ends ![/QUOTE]

Well CF we may have our occasional disagreement on thing's but I think you're spot on with this.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pwynnej 12th March 2018 19.22:09

Put it in another context - it is at least 20 matches undefeated

Just a shame potential wins have become draws....

While we are not certain of PROmotion we've certainly made PROgress

RemovedUser 13th March 2018 20.26:02

If we consider all the games we have drawn 0-0 or won 1-0, you could argue that our defence has won us 27 points this season.
If you extend that to our points gained to no goals conceded, it becomes 48 points, I think.
Defences don’t win games though.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.30:28.