RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates has gone - OFFICIAL (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111527-keates-has-gone-official.html)

Redordead 16th March 2018 18.18:02

Re: Keates has gone - OFFICIAL

His statement says it all, So what’s the use in being angry.

dixienormous 16th March 2018 18.20:14

Couldn't the release clause be nothing to do with money? Like if a league 1 or Championship club come calling he can walk.

the_holt_dragon 16th March 2018 18.22:21

I'm sure Keates wished the timing was better, but life doesn't always work that way. The opportunity has come at a non ideal time, but there are no guarantees it would come again. League one teams are not constantly taking managers in our league.

After 3.5 years there is no guarantees he walks in to another managerial job. For all the talk of loyalty people at this level often have loyalty to their family which should always come first.

If I managed a team 2 leagues below wrexham and they offered me the job, the chance to manage my hometown team and more money I would take it.

llewelyn 16th March 2018 18.22:54

[QUOTE=HugoMontenegro;2123783]Decent Managers finish their jobs and deliver promotion
John Neal 68-77
Arfon Griffiths 77-81
Bryan Flynn 89-2001
Denis Smith 2001-2007

Dean Keates like Dean Saunders has jumped the gun
I will not go further and tarnish the standards of red passion in my disgust[/QUOTE]

Saunders cant be classed with Dean keates, who served the club well over several years.

the_holt_dragon 16th March 2018 18.24:05

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2123858]Couldn't the release clause be nothing to do with money? Like if a league 1 or Championship club come calling he can walk.[/QUOTE]

I think people are reading too much into release clauses. My experience as a football fan is managers find a way to leave when a better option opens up. That applies to all but a select few at the top of the pyramid.

reddai 16th March 2018 18.25:31

It's not like we've lost Pep or Klopp although the timing was shocking. He can be replaced and he's left us in a far better place than when he took over.

mitchelltown 16th March 2018 18.25:41

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2123858]Couldn't the release clause be nothing to do with money? Like if a league 1 or Championship club come calling he can walk.[/QUOTE]

You may well be right, but at the end of the day it only gave Keates permission to speak to another club.
Keates was the only one who would decide to leave Wrexham FC, nobody else.

Hightown Brymbo Red 16th March 2018 18.27:48

Walsall have done an amazing job sacking a manager and then appointing a manager who was contracted to another club all within 4 days..

davewilli 16th March 2018 18.27:48

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2123844]I suspect its more professional because of Darlington Keates Has just been getting the praise, Darlington was trying to make it more professional with Wilkin.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

You know that isn't the case, DK did a marvellous job turning things around last season, with GM's squad, clearing out players, steering us to safety and saving money for this year's budget before recruiting better quality players in the summer and bringing CD back to the club. He always struck me that he had a plan. 4th in the league, after a number of lean years, the manager has got to take the credit. He served us well as a player and briefly as a manager so let's just wish him well and hope we can get someone in soon who can kick us on and AD & CD can continue things together starting with a win tomorrow.

It's a massive blow for the club, as I thought he would be here for quite some time, but hopefully the board can deal with it and AD and CD can keep the spirit in the squad and maintain our promotion challenge.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.33:03.