RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dean Keates speaks out (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111531-dean-keates-speaks-out.html)

Vorporix 18th March 2018 08.07:59

Re: Dean Keates speaks out

[QUOTE=StattoWrexham;2124907]Was interesting to hear Pearson on his interview alluding to that they played with a bit more freedom today, the shackles being off?

People go on about Keates now, he is history.
These lads deserve our full support to complete the job.[/QUOTE]

Spot on Statto - Dean has gone and I wish him good luck.

However, the club is bigger and more important than one person.

We should on this as an opportunity rather than a disappointment.

RemovedUser 18th March 2018 08.22:57

Has anyone thought about the possibility, or indeed likelihood that there was a Bonus Clause in Keates’s contract relating to achieving promotion/playoffs?

I would imagine there is a strong possibility that any release clause would take account of our league position at the time of him going, and make him ineligible, or reduce that bonus.

It is perfectly possible that the Club have had a double whammy cash bonus/saving from him leaving.........the Walsall money for activating the clause and keeping money in our pocket that would have gone to Keates if he took us to promotion/playoffs.

Let's hope some of the latter is spent anyway, when the new man (or existing management team) finishes the job that Keates started.:)

the_holt_dragon 18th March 2018 08.28:58

[QUOTE=Redrobinman;2124944]Has anyone thought about the possibility, or indeed likelihood that there was a Bonus Clause in Keates’s contract relating to achieving promotion/playoffs?

I would imagine there is a strong possibility that any release clause would take account of our league position at the time of him going, and make him ineligible, or reduce that bonus.

It is perfectly possible that the Club have had a double whammy cash bonus/saving from him leaving.........the Walsall money for activating the clause and keeping money in our pocket that would have gone to Keates if he took us to promotion/playoffs.

Let's hope some of the latter is spent anyway, when the new man (or existing management team) finishes the job that Keates started.:)[/QUOTE]

Well if he had got us promoted we would have made additional money the next season to cover it, therefore it's not really a saving if we are not promoted.

redtalk 18th March 2018 08.30:47

[QUOTE=Redrobinman;2124944]Has anyone thought about the possibility, or indeed likelihood that there was a Bonus Clause in Keates’s contract relating to achieving promotion/playoffs?

Let's hope some of the latter is spent anyway, when the new man (or existing management team) finishes the job that Keates started.:)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't understand the logic of letting a manager go, who is on track to getting us to at least the play offs, to save a few quid from a promotion bonus, which if was achieved , we would pay happily as the overall financial benefits of promotion would be comparatively big . I think with respect your theory is a non starter.

RemovedUser 18th March 2018 09.37:20

[QUOTE=redtalk;2124946]Sorry, I don't understand the logic of letting a manager go, who is on track to getting us to at least the play offs, to save a few quid from a promotion bonus, which if was achieved , we would pay happily as the overall financial benefits of promotion would be comparatively big . I think with respect your theory is a non starter.[/QUOTE]

How is it a non-starter.? ......please explain.

I’m not sure how many times it’s been said, but we didn’t “let him go”.
The terms of his contract were that there was a release clause.....that Walsall were prepared to trigger. That would have borne a cost.....to them, not us.

If Keates had a clause entitling him to a playoff bonus, he may well have forfeited it by leaving. Thus also benefitting us, financially.

If you can’t grasp that logic, there’s not a lot I can add!

Alan Attack 18th March 2018 09.44:17

Surely waiving any kind of bonus would be a secondary or tertiary matter.

Old Paddock Man 18th March 2018 10.14:02

[QUOTE=Redrobinman;2124970]How is it a non-starter.? ......please explain.

The terms of his contract were that there was a release clause.....that Walsall were prepared to trigger. That would have borne a cost.....to them, not us.

If Keates had a clause entitling him to a playoff bonus, he may well have forfeited it by leaving. Thus also benefitting us, financially.

If you can’t grasp that logic, there’s not a lot I can add![/QUOTE]

The club will have tried to hang onto him. His departure has caused a huge headache. Although financially (in the short term) I suspect you are right and the coffers will be boosted in several ways. For the benefit of his successor.

the_holt_dragon 18th March 2018 10.27:24

I suspect that potential bonus will just pass to a successor and therefore make no difference to.

redtalk 18th March 2018 10.39:15

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i got the impression from your post, that an active consideration made by the club was paying a "promotion bonus" in him leaving for Walsall. i believe he left because of clauses being activated etc, i just focused on your point regarding your theory on the "bonus" that bit alone doesn't make sense. Him leaving makes perfect sense from many factors, but not that one.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.50:21.