RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dean Keates speaks out (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111531-dean-keates-speaks-out.html)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 17th March 2018 20.54:19

Re: Dean Keates speaks out

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2124882]Every manager and player has these clauses even Messi.

I think we all know what certain people tell the press is bollox, when behind the the scenes, Walsall only had one person in mind. The dreaded manager vote of confidence tells us that. I read it somewhere today their chairman was quoted....'We only wanted Dean' or words to that effect[/QUOTE]

No they don't, David Moyes or Gary Mills didn't to name two, as for Messi every player in Spain has to have such a clause due to some rule or law.

If we want to be really anal about it, the club could insist the clause only comes into effect during a certain period of the contract, say in the summer like is common in players contracts so they can't leave mid season.

Something for them to consider next time.

jonesfach 17th March 2018 21.03:04

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2124885]No they don't, David Moyes or Gary Mills didn't to name two, as for Messi every player in Spain has to have such a clause due to some rule or law.[/QUOTE]

Mills had no clauses? Moyes had a big pay off from manure...

Re Mills-So why did we have to pay him off when we sacked him?

the_holt_dragon 17th March 2018 21.08:09

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2124873]Why the need for the clause? One for if things get bad, not when things are going well, I doubt Askey will have one, suggests it was low too, .[/QUOTE]

Do you honestly believe there are loads of league one clubs wanting to appoint managers from our league, but don’t because they don’t have escape clauses? My guess is no league one side has approached Askey, most owners probably haven’t heard of him.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 17th March 2018 21.12:04

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2124888]Mills had no clauses? Moyes had a big pay off from manure...

Re Mills-So why did we have to pay him off when we sacked him?[/QUOTE]

The Moyes pay off almost went to court, he was demanding all his wages for the remaining length of his contract.

As for Mills why wasnt he sacked earlier?

It's due to unfair dismissal, poor results aren't enough just to sack someone, then you have to prove it was reasonable too. Employ somebody else and they struggle then you're in trouble. A manager could also argue they're doing their job, but the players are letting them down.

In everyone's contract clauses will exist, what's expected of them, if those get breached you haven't got a leg to stand on.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 17th March 2018 21.31:08

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2124889]Do you honestly believe there are loads of league one clubs wanting to appoint managers from our league, but don’t because they don’t have escape clauses? My guess is no league one side has approached Askey, most owners probably haven’t heard of him.[/QUOTE]

An escape clause makes it easy, as pointed out some clauses are only active between certain dates to avoid players mainly I've heard it for from leaving mid season.

Something for the club to consider in the future, I bet you're point on Askey is well wide of the mark, otherwise we'd never see managers leaving for clubs higher up.

the_holt_dragon 17th March 2018 21.40:59

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2124893]An escape clause makes it easy, as pointed out some clauses are only active between certain dates to avoid players mainly I've heard it for from leaving mid season.

Something for the club to consider in the future, I bet you're point on Askey is well wide of the mark, otherwise we'd never see managers leaving for clubs higher up.[/QUOTE]

It’s actually quite rare for managers to move up 2 leagues. I haven’t heard anyone from 2 leagues below linked with our job.

My strong suspicion is that Walsall haven’t ignored managers from Macclesfield, Boreham Wood and Sutton because of their escape clause status. They have picked Keats because he is a club legend. If he hadn’t played for them they wouldn’t have targeted him even with an escape clause of 50p.

I also do not believe there are several managers at our level who have missed moves because they haven’t got escape clauses. Although it would be hard for me or you to prove that argument either way.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 17th March 2018 21.54:55

[QUOTE=the_holt_dragon;2124896]It’s actually quite rare for managers to move up 2 leagues. I haven’t heard anyone from 2 leagues below linked with our job.

My strong suspicion is that Walsall haven’t ignored managers from Macclesfield, Boreham Wood and Sutton because of their escape clause status. They have picked Keats because he is a club legend. If he hadn’t played for them they wouldn’t have targeted him even with an escape clause of 50p.

I also do not believe there are several managers at our level who have missed moves because they haven’t got escape clauses. Although it would be hard for me or you to prove that argument either way.[/QUOTE]

Keates' could leave without an escape clause, not having one makes it harder or at least have date they're active for included.

Only so many football management jobs exist, it wouldn't be in anyone's interest to throw their toys out the pram, it would be desirable not to appear to be a difficult employee.

Anyhow, people are getting severance and release clauses muddled up, me likely too along the way.

StattoWrexham 17th March 2018 22.23:51

Was interesting to hear Pearson on his interview alluding to that they played with a bit more freedom today, the shackles being off?

People go on about Keates now, he is history.
These lads deserve our full support to complete the job.

The Bapster 18th March 2018 08.07:03

[url]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IU33yoC114E[/url]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.41:18.