RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Football Club AGM (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111583-football-club-agm.html)

Connah's Quay Red 26th March 2018 22.10:15

Re: Football Club AGM

[QUOTE=onelegged harry;2127135]Well why did'nt you state that in your reply, therefore I would not have commented.
No insult intended but I am fed up of the Secret society in our organisation
as I thought everything was Open and transparent.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha

sandyred 27th March 2018 06.55:53

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2127278]That, as a general rule, is correct. However, as your opening post suggests, Club owners are fully entitled to receive , and discuss, the annual accounts and preferably before filing with Companies House. I'm sure you don't need reminding that the last accounts we saw were up to 31st May 2016....22 months ago! The silence from the Club is overwhelming and , worryingly , matched by apparent indifference amongst fans. Not good for healthy democracy.[/QUOTE]

This post is so nail on the head.
Why are the accounts so late?
This is the type of actions seen from companies that like to keep things under wrap & I personally don’t like it.
Maybe it will show we had a nice profit line from Neil Taylor fees, yet launched the Build the Budget.
The fans digging deep yet again, when monies are in the bank.
So what have we spent this money on.
No account will always raise questions & whilst I agree certain information may be kept sensitive the current situation is not good.

Phils-an-alki 27th March 2018 07.32:51

[QUOTE=Huffy;2127284]Secret society my arsh[/QUOTE]

Don’t tell him pike

TomWFC 27th March 2018 07.47:00

[QUOTE=sandyred;2127309]This post is so nail on the head.
This is the type of actions seen from companies that like to keep things under wrap & I personally don’t like it.
Maybe it will show we had a nice profit line from Neil Taylor fees, yet launched the Build the Budget.
No account will always raise questions & whilst I agree certain information may be kept sensitive the current situation is not good.[/QUOTE]

So what you’re implying the board are doing is basically this.

“So lads we did a tidy profit from Neil’s sell-on, but we won’t tell those pesky fans because we still want to launch ‘Build the Budget’ - let’s keep this on the downlow though yeah?”

That’s basically what you’re implying isn’t it?

Quay Red 27th March 2018 08.05:00

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2127278]That, as a general rule, is correct. However, as your opening post suggests, Club owners are fully entitled to receive , and discuss, the annual accounts and preferably before filing with Companies House. I'm sure you don't need reminding that the last accounts we saw were up to 31st May 2016....22 months ago! The silence from the Club is overwhelming and , worryingly , matched by apparent indifference amongst fans. Not good for healthy democracy.[/QUOTE]

The accounts are supposed to be published at least 3 days(I think) before the meeting.
Not sure why they should be published before they are filed at Companies House.
We can question the board regarding the accounts at the meeting or 'E' Mail the secretary with questions to be asked at the AGM.

RED2309 27th March 2018 10.25:49

[QUOTE=sandyred;2127309]This post is so nail on the head.
[COLOR="Red"][B][I]Maybe it will show we had a nice profit line from Neil Taylor fees, yet launched the Build the Budget.[/I][/B][/COLOR]
No account will always raise questions & whilst I agree certain information may be kept sensitive the current situation is not good.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

Also you are forgetting that it was the fans that wanted to launch BTB.

Superunknown 27th March 2018 10.34:34

[QUOTE=RED2309;2127348]Seriously?

Also you are forgetting that it was the fans that wanted to launch BTB.[/QUOTE]

Swear it was started in part through here as well? Pagl started organising donations from RP members and it took off from there if I remember right?

Omni 27th March 2018 11.23:57

There's an awful lot of speculation and some downright nonsense on this thread.

You are right that shareholders are entitled to receive accounts before they are generally available but this is on request. If you haven't requested them, why would you expect to receive them?

The accounts need to be filed with Companies House no later than 9 months following the end of the accounting period, which is 31 March 2018. Companies House can usually take up to 14 days and in some cases longer to publish these online.

Most businesses do not submit their accounts until as close to the deadline as possible, the same as with most people who file a self-assessment tax return.

Just because the accounts run until 30 June 2017 doesn't mean that they are finalised at that date. This can take an inordinate amount of time depending on the company.

As I said earlier, if you want a copy, ask for them. Moaning on here achieves nothing.

leftfoot 27th March 2018 12.54:40

Good luck with asking for a copy!

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.33:15.