RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   World Cup Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111590-world-cup-wrexham.html)

WrexhamO 27th March 2018 11.18:02

Re: World Cup Wrexham

[I]"The Racecourse Ground was used for two games in the 2013 tournament, including a Quarter-Final where Australia hammered the USA with 5,762 watching.

The Council added: “A wonderful festival of rugby that brings tourism to the region in droves, this could be a massive boost for the local economy and tie together the community through sport. The 2013 tournament totalled over 18million viewers worldwide and put Wrexham on the Rugby League map.”[/I]

5762, how many times will Wrexham AFC top that attendance this year?

John Neals Dynasty 27th March 2018 11.57:37

If & it's a big if it happens it can only be good for the area & hopefully get a new Kop out of it, instead of being negative about it look at the possibilities that could come out of it, Wrexham council seem to get hammered if they don't and hammered if they do,, I listened in to radio Wales the other day where a Welshman said from Cardiff that the Welsh are a proud nation but always looking on the blackside.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

RED2309 27th March 2018 12.23:40

I hope we do get it but we seem a bit late coming to the table!:)

Phils-an-alki 27th March 2018 12.43:40

As if we’ll get any funding to improve the stadium. Stop dreaming.

There was under 6k for the qf in 2013 so if anything they should use the Queensway or the deva instead.

Vorporix 27th March 2018 16.38:07

[QUOTE=Mr Wonderful;2127361]Not even proper rugby . . .[/QUOTE]

This......^^^^

aussiejackoinsaudi 27th March 2018 22.46:51

With a previous gate of under 6000 for a quarter final involving Australia can't see the RL being keen on giving Wrexham any matches.

Vorporix 28th March 2018 20.40:21

Two hopes - no and Bob

michaelps 29th March 2018 08.04:51

We might get a game, in reality of course (and I like league as a sport) a rugby league world cup is not in any way comparable to a Union one.

But they do have expansion ideas (often pie in the sky) so am sure they will want some games to be played outside the league heartlands - Ireland has been mentioned, as has West Country and North East and I'd expect a game or two in Wales.

podders 29th March 2018 10.01:19

Growing up in St. Helens rugby league is the only rugby!

From other forums I go on it seems that it’s very much going to based in England. Though they would sell more tickets for a Wales game in Wales than in England.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.10:38.