RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   The essential weakness in Fans' Ownership is the fans (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/111942-essential-weakness-fans-ownership-fans.html)

Alan Attack 22nd May 2018 07.39:34

Re: The essential weakness in Fans' Ownership is the fans

I was speaking with a friend who’s a Chester fan and he genuinely believed the fans were a big issue in their ownership. Whilst they have a hardcore 1000-1500, that hardcore set incredibly high standards and if things go wrong in a game, they turn on the team instead of getting behind them.

In terms of those who’ve been voted to run the club, he was envious of the quality of person we had on our board. He felt those on Chester’s board had no/little experience of running decent sized companies.

It’s all to do with perception. Chester supporters don’t see themselves as a club struggling to stay in the Conference whilst a good chunk of Wrexham supporters see us as a League 1 team because of our supporter base.

Hightown Brymbo Red 22nd May 2018 07.53:22

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2147120]The view of a former WST Chairman on another discussion board. Is he right?[/QUOTE]

In what context did he say this?

Quay Red 22nd May 2018 08.01:22

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2147120]The view of a former WST Chairman on another discussion board. Is he right?[/QUOTE]

Can you copy and paste his comments or a link to the other message board.

NottsRed 22nd May 2018 08.02:06

Its both its strength and weakness. With the fans fully behind the club it can do things but you have to look what happened with Chester to see how it can go wrong.

Also i'd say fan ownership can only go so far in football now. I think once you get to say League 1 / Championship then you need to look at outside funding to compete.

wafc1926 22nd May 2018 08.04:46

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2147146]In what context did he say this?[/QUOTE]
He started a thread based on this assumption and asked what would protect the Club if predators came along and the current board /members didn't want the aggro. He cited Telford and Chester as examples of how things can go wrong.

Red_Jackoisback 22nd May 2018 08.06:49

What point is there in anything in life without customers / supporters?

It’s a ridiculous proposition.

wafc1926 22nd May 2018 08.08:09

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2147148]Can you copy and paste his comments or a link to the other message board.[/QUOTE]
Not got the skills unfortunately. The thread is on Spirit of 78.

Hightown Brymbo Red 22nd May 2018 08.08:12

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2147151]He started a thread based on this assumption and asked what would protect the Club if predators came along and the current board /members didn't want the aggro. He cited Telford and Chester as examples of how things can go wrong.[/QUOTE]

Call me old fashioned but I always assumed that WST board represented us as fans..In fact they are fans and they are us?..

wafc1926 22nd May 2018 08.15:25

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2147154]Call me old fashioned but I always assumed that WST board represented us as fans..In fact they are fans and they are us?..[/QUOTE]
Trying to remain neutral but think his views are certainly worthy of discussion. He is on record as opposing, as many do in fairness, direct elections to the WAFC board. Others will argue that this negates democracy and leads to apathy amongst WST Members/Club Owners.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.55:02.