RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Only five places nailed. Good! (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112369-only-five-places-nailed-good.html)

jacthelad 12th August 2018 11.51:30

[QUOTE=fezbob;2173053]Don't need a potential match winner on the pitch anyway.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Dont like them sort round ere
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

krux 12th August 2018 11.53:42

Re: Only five places nailed. Good!

JMD is nailed on for me too.

How we use him, and how we set the team up to get the best out of him are the only question marks around him

OneLoveWrexham 12th August 2018 12.03:13

[QUOTE=jacthelad;2173055]Dont like them sort round ere
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]
We don’t, we love tacklerbackerers and harriers

Quay Red 12th August 2018 12.41:42

[QUOTE=OneLoveWrexham;2173062]We don’t, we love tacklerbackerers and harriers[/QUOTE]

There's a place for both types of player. I think the manager is trying to get the best out of everyone and there will be some squad rotation to ensure the maximum effort from the team.
To date, all the substitutions that Sam has made have had a positive effect on performance.
The team still looks a bit disjointed but with a few more games I'm hopeful that we'll start to see the full potential of the side.

davewilli 12th August 2018 15.44:48

Sam must have a headache particularly picking 3/4 attacking players from his 9 attacking players, but no doubt he will rotate his pack. For me the keeper, back 4, Young, Summerfield, (Wright in his current form) Maguire and MFT are nailed on for now.

benwilliams 12th August 2018 15.53:20

I'd say based on performances so far 10 of the 11 are nailed on to start the next game, only position up for grabs being between Pyke, Beavon and Rutherford in the front 3.

Not that we have needed them so far but any update on Hinds, Holroyd and Deverdics?

Lets Av A Riot 13th August 2018 13.50:04

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2173038]Lainton, Jennings, Pearson, M Smith, and Wright are for me the only guaranteed starters from their performances so far. The only negative I see in this is that Jennings could do with someone else to push him (He was ace yesterday to be fair)

We've had good performances from everyone else, but they've all got challengers. Probably the strongest call for another certainty is Fondop, but even he has Pyke and Beavon wanting a starting place and offering more than he does in certain areas.

Looking at this another way, if I were to judge the players in the squad that won't get much game time, barring serious injuries I'd say Leo, Tharme and Deverdics. Deverdics is the odd one; we get a more complete performance from Summerfield/Young/Carrington than he can provide in midfield and in attack he's got even more serious challengers. I think short term loans for Smith and Deverdics is good business.[/QUOTE]

still got freddie hinds... deverdics and holroyd to come back from injury.

one things for sure.. its a fantastic predicament for the manager when he has a headache of which players to pick.. as in past we have been so thin in talent.. that the starting 11 picked itself . and the bench was full of kids or underperformers

And even then the starting 11 wasnt much Kop

boomer 13th August 2018 13.55:40

JMD is a cert for me too but was impressed with Rutherford when he came on against BW

shinner 13th August 2018 14.24:41

I think Young could also be a big influence this season , and hope his dead leg does not keep him out to long ....

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.39:54.