RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Sam asks for patience (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112789-sam-asks-patience.html)

RED2309 1st November 2018 18.22:16

Re: Sam asks for patience

[B][I]No matter how much people argue against needing to improve, refresh the squad and make changes in Jan we know that others will improve and we will fall behind if we don't.[/I][/B]

I don't think many would argue against needing to invest in January and I believe that we have a scouting system in place now that will identify targets.

More experience required particularly up front.

I am sure funds will be available.

Redpensioner 1st November 2018 18.56:30

We have to invest January. The team is there it just needs fresh faces in the right positions. The Ward money should be there for it to happen. I don't know why people are shying away from talking about the Ward money, even if it only on drop it should be spent on players. Talk about ground improvements when we are in the football league.

redone 1st November 2018 18.58:52

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2191104]We have to invest January. The team is there it just needs fresh faces in the right positions. The Ward money should be there for it to happen. I don't know why people are shying away from talking about the Ward money, even if it only on drop it should be spent on players. Talk about ground improvements when we are in the football league.[/QUOTE]

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

billybersham 1st November 2018 19.07:12

[QUOTE=howardrd;2191096]We are very close to having a team capable of getting us out of this hell hole and back into the football league. With memories of that Wembley loss to Newport still hurting we cannot make the same mistake twice.
There are certain comparisons.. that season we were second to a well funded side. Then we failed to make the necessary investments in January to be strong enough to win the league or beat an average team in the play off final.
The board need to back Sam's efforts with that investment. 2 or 3 players of quality won't guarantee success but no investment will end up with another year of failure.
No excuses please. Spend some of the Ward money.[/QUOTE]

Howard that season we finished 5th.Mansfield won the league 15 points clear of us.The last few months of that season we struggled,we played Mansfield at home late on in the season Sir glen came of the bench when we were 1-0 down and I don not think we had put 3 passes together all night,the rest is history if ever one player had changed a game this was it,i think little and wright gave us a 2-1 win.

dixienormous 1st November 2018 19.07:38

[QUOTE=Redpensioner;2191104]We have to invest January. The team is there it just needs fresh faces in the right positions. The Ward money should be there for it to happen. I don't know why people are shying away from talking about the Ward money, even if it only on drop it should be spent on players. Talk about ground improvements when we are in the football league.[/QUOTE]

Amen

LWR 1st November 2018 19.09:19

[QUOTE=redone;2191078]11 seasons of patience Sam lad[/QUOTE]

What's you point?

dixienormous 1st November 2018 19.16:59

[QUOTE=billybersham;2191109]Howard that season we finished 5th.Mansfield won the league 15 points clear of us.The last few months of that season we struggled,we played Mansfield at home late on in the season Sir glen came of the bench when we were 1-0 down and I don not think we had put 3 passes together all night,the rest is history if ever one player had changed a game this was it,i think little and wright gave us a 2-1 win.[/QUOTE]

Can someone remind me who Mansfield had upfront that season? Oh, I remember now, Matt Rhead and Matt Green.
If you ever wonder why I'm obsessed with quality up top, that's why. Stick with our current strikers and we'll do absolutely nothing once again.

billybersham 1st November 2018 19.19:06

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2191113]Can someone remind me who Mansfield had upfront that season? Oh, I remember now, Matt Rhead and Matt Green.
If you ever wonder why I'm obsessed with quality up top, that's why. Stick with our current strikers and we'll do absolutely nothing once again.[/QUOTE]

Is that the same Matt Rhead that it was mentioned last season was paid £450 a week when firing Lincoln into the football league.

dixienormous 1st November 2018 19.21:10

[QUOTE=billybersham;2191115]Is that the same Matt Rhead that it was mentioned last season was paid £450 a week when firing Lincoln into the football league.[/QUOTE]

Really? Aye same one. We just have to find them. Get fondop out on loan.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.08:17.