RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112955-comments-ricketts-situation-bt-sport-broadcast-tonight.html)

ABd 1st December 2018 22.47:52

Re: Club statement - "not appropriate" for Ricketts to be at game tonight

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200684]Don't know him personally no, but given his CV it doesn't seem unreasonable to suggest he's probably not dining in the same restaurants as Cristiano Ronaldo :evilgrin:[/QUOTE]

From Wiki:

[I]'Ricketts was born in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. His family is highly involved in equestrianism. His father is the 1978 world showjumping champion Derek Ricketts, later performance manager of the UK showjumping team from 2002 to 2010, and his uncle is the former National Hunt champion jockey John Francome MBE'[/I]

I reckon he'd be alright, even without the whole football career thing. You made it sound like he's one loss away from heading to the foodbank.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 22.48:00

Re: Comments on Ricketts situation on BT Sport broadcast tonight

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2200683]I don’t condone people calling you that either, still no excuse on your part is it?

Any comment on my dismantling of your Mourinho comparison?[/QUOTE]

Aye, ridiculing mental illness is much better than joking around about smarties... ffs. Says rather a lot about you that you'd think that, no?

Dismantling? Oooohhh... look who is being the arrogant plum now.

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2200663]Your Mourinho comparison is flawed. For one thing, it was an end of season finale that wouldn’t lead to anything further for that season, tonight isn’t even half way through the season and could lead to a match in the next round. I’m guessing that you weren’t there tonight because I can assure you the atmosphere would have been toxic had Ricketts been in the dugout. Instead, his absence galvanised and united the support in one positive voice that did make a difference and visibly helped the players. Even for this reason alone it was the right call.

You really don’t see Ricketts’ “have his cake and eat it” mentality, not sure why. As a football manager (specifically) would you apply to manage another club but then be like “but I still want to manage the cup game tonight, I won’t be here if we get through, but go on please? Pretty please? It’ll annoy people me being there but go on please?”

By the way what’s with this “I’ll give you a smartie” nonsense? Makes you sound like a patronising tosser...[/QUOTE]

Oh, the "you weren't at it tonight" one upmanship. What are you? Six. Seeing as I live in Kilkenny and you presumably live on at least the same piece of land as Wrexham, slightly easier for you to get there, no? You see, there's this great big wet thing between Kilkenny and Wrexham called the Irish Sea.

Your point is a complete strawman argument. On the one hand, you think a manager leaving creates a toxic atmosphere and instability, on the other, you don't. At least try to be consistent.

tokyored 1st December 2018 22.48:19

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200676]

Wrexham are in potentially the biggest match of their season and there are rumblings that all is not settled on the managerial front. 22nd May, 2010 and Inter are facing into the biggest match of their season and there are rumblings that all is not settled on the managerial front. Nothing is confirmed, all there is is a lot of talk but that talk in both instances is so loud and strong that everybody knows what's going on. Those two instances are exactly the same.
[/QUOTE]

They're not exactly the same though based on the part of the season they're occurring in. You can cherry pick parts of a deal to make them look identical but there's a huge difference to rumblings of someone leaving after the final game in May to someone saying they want to leave in November.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 22.52:25

[QUOTE=ABd;2200689]From Wiki:

[I]'Ricketts was born in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. His family is highly involved in equestrianism. His father is the 1978 world showjumping champion Derek Ricketts, later performance manager of the UK showjumping team from 2002 to 2010, and his uncle is the former National Hunt champion jockey John Francome MBE'[/I]

I reckon he'd be alright, even without the whole football career thing. You made it sound like he's one loss away from heading to the foodbank.[/QUOTE]

His father rode horses and his uncle has a gong from Elizabeth Windsor.

"He's filthy stinking rich".

Well done you on the stereotyping.

I never said he was one step from the foodbank. I dare say the vast majority on this forum aren't either. They still need to earn money somehow.

[QUOTE=tokyored;2200691]They're not exactly the same though based on the part of the season they're occurring in. You can cherry pick parts of a deal to make them look identical but there's a huge difference to rumblings of someone leaving after the final game in May to someone saying they want to leave in November.[/QUOTE]

Again, on the one hand a manager leaving creates a toxic atmosphere and instability, on the other, it doesn't. Do try to be consistent.

What about Pep announcing halfway through his last season with Bayern that he was going to City. What strawman argument are you going to pluck out to suit your inconsistency there?

Ashtonsleftfoot 1st December 2018 22.55:13

Geraint has got it spot on.
Never mind the potential for a poisonous atmosphere, how do you really think the players would have been feeling? Would they have run though walls for him, knowing he's off. Would you be committed to working for a boss who's leaving? No.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 22.56:22

[QUOTE=Ashtonsleftfoot;2200696]Geraint has got it spot on.
Never mind the potential for a poisonous atmosphere, how do you really think the players would have been feeling? Would they have run though walls for him, knowing he's off. Would you be committed to working for a boss who's leaving? No.[/QUOTE]

Pep
Mourinho
Christophe Urios
Alex Ferguson

jontee 1st December 2018 22.58:58

[QUOTE=Windsor Mike;2200286]He also said club gave Rickets permission to talk to Shrewsbury so maybe a few on here a bit quick to just slate the manager board could've said no to Sam[/QUOTE]

They did refuse permission but the slops still went ahead

TomWFC 1st December 2018 22.59:16

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200690]Aye, ridiculing mental illness is much better than joking around about smarties... ffs. Says rather a lot about you that you'd think that, no?

Dismantling? Oooohhh... look who is being the arrogant plum now.

Oh, the "you weren't at it tonight" one upmanship. What are you? Six. Seeing as I live in Kilkenny and you presumably live on at least the same piece of land as Wrexham, slightly easier for you to get there, no? You see, there's this great big wet thing between Kilkenny and Wrexham called the Irish Sea.

Your point is a complete strawman argument. On the one hand, you think a manager leaving creates a toxic atmosphere and instability, on the other, you don't. At least try to be consistent.[/QUOTE]

Show me where I said it was better? I simply said others’ comments towards you isn’t a good enough excuse for you to be patronising.

One upmanship!? I merely said in terms of getting a feeling for the atmosphere and the vibe there tonight it would have been impossible for you to know because you weren’t there. That isn’t a criticism of you, but hey you seem in an incredibly argumentative mood tonight so I’m not surprised you’ve been overly defensive. Thanks for the geography lesson as well Mr Patronising.

What are you going on about!? I said it would be toxic if he was there tonight, knowing that he was leaving. His departure would lead to some temporary instability, but in terms of the atmosphere around the place tonight it was better that he stayed away. Barrow, Darlington and Jaaskaleinen were more than capable and had plenty of experience to take the reins for tonight. Ricketts presence would have had a negative effect tonight.

foreverared 1st December 2018 23.00:01

He will come out if he gets the job and say every thing was done correctly but to me it stinks of shit

tokyored 1st December 2018 23.02:15

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200697]Pep
Mourinho
Christophe Urios
Alex Ferguson
...[/QUOTE]

All leaving at the end of the season, not in December.
If Ricketts had been there tonight we'd have lost. It would have been Gateshead mark 2 where the match was a sideshow to off the field events and things would have been ugly.

jonesfach 1st December 2018 23.02:47

There is some right crap on this thread.

Believe no one especially Saunders whose always been full of shite. Then there's SRs mates getting involved to cover up for him. They will not state the fact that SR applied for the job whilst within a 3 year contract where the board has backed him to the hilt!

Only one snake in the cae ras grass.

redtalk 1st December 2018 23.03:43

Ah for a football equivalent of Brian Cody!?

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 23.05:31

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2200699][B]What are you going on about!?[/B] I said it would be toxic if he was there tonight, knowing that he was leaving. His departure would lead to some temporary instability, but in terms of the atmosphere around the place tonight it was better that he stayed away. Barrow, Darlington and Jaaskaleinen were more than capable and had plenty of experience to take the reins for tonight. Ricketts presence would have had a negative effect tonight.[/QUOTE]

In fairness, you don't even know what you're going on about yourself given you can't remember what you wrote more than half a sentence previously.

It is my opinion that you rely on arguably your most key member of staff to do a professional job and seeing as he is the guy you entrusted the greatest part of responsibility to in terms of handling the club's on field affairs it is questionable why you hired him in the first place if you don't trust him now. Your opinion is that Sam Ricketts is entirely unprofessional and can't be relied upon to perform his task to the best of his ability. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, I disagree and as we are obviously not going to meet on any middle ground it is best we leave it at that.

jonesfach 1st December 2018 23.06:03

[QUOTE=jontee;2200698]They did refuse permission but the slops still went ahead[/QUOTE]

They had already sorted the deal. Why give permission after discussion had already taken place. SR and the screws been caught with pants down and the squealer was from the screws side

Connahs_Quay_Red 1st December 2018 23.09:14

He wanted to beat Newport, end on a high and move on- the leak at Shrewsbury has caused all the chaos

SPROUT 1st December 2018 23.10:53

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2200699]What are you going on about!? I said it would be toxic if he was there tonight, knowing that he was leaving. His departure would lead to some temporary instability, but in terms of the atmosphere around the place tonight it was better that he stayed away. Barrow, Darlington and Jaaskaleinen were more than capable and had plenty of experience to take the reins for tonight. Ricketts presence would have had a negative effect tonight.[/QUOTE]

:hurray:
Any other train of thought regarding Rickett's presence at the game tonight is rather naive.The players would have had zero respect for Rickett's for starters.
I really hope things go tits up for Sam at Salop better still he does'nt get the job

TWREX 1st December 2018 23.11:12

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200705]In fairness, you don't even know what you're going on about yourself given you can't remember what you wrote more than half a sentence previously.

It is my opinion that you rely on arguably your most key member of staff to do a professional job and seeing as he is the guy you entrusted the greatest part of responsibility to in terms of handling the club's on field affairs it is questionable why you hired him in the first place if you don't trust him now. Your opinion is that Sam Ricketts is entirely unprofessional and can't be relied upon to perform his task to the best of his ability. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, I disagree and as we are obviously not going to meet on any middle ground it is best we leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

You talk in a manner which suggests your not a wrexham fan, do us all a favour and just do one.

ABd 1st December 2018 23.13:24

Heard that Barrow kicked off at Ricketts at their meeting last night..

Anyone else heard this?

TWREX 1st December 2018 23.14:36

[QUOTE=ABd;2200718]Heard that Barrow kicked off at Ricketts at their meeting last night..

Anyone else heard this?[/QUOTE]

Yep

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 1st December 2018 23.14:39

[QUOTE=jonesfach;2200706]They had already sorted the deal. Why give permission after discussion had already taken place. SR and the screws been caught with pants down and the squealer was from the screws side[/QUOTE]

Allegedly their chairman its been said at the game tonight.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 23.15:06

[QUOTE=tokyored;2200701]All leaving at the end of the season, not in December.
If Ricketts had been there tonight we'd have lost. It would have been Gateshead mark 2 where the match was a sideshow to off the field events and things would have been ugly.[/QUOTE]

So it's worse for something to come in December and be over in a matter of weeks at most than for something to fester for the rest of the season? I thought people wouldn't run through walls for someone they knew was leaving. So they won't do it for someone who is leaving in a week but they will do it for somebody who is leaving in a few months. RRRRRiiiiigggghhhhhtttt.

Frankly, if the fans can't get behind the TEAM and ignore the individuals involved they don't deserve any better. Wrexham AFC existed before Sam Ricketts and it will exist after Sam Ricketts. Simply put, anybody who puts the goings on with one individual over their support of the team isn't a supporter.

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2200699]Show me where I said it was better? I simply said others’ comments towards you isn’t a good enough excuse for you to be [B]patronising[/B].

One upmanship!? I merely said in terms of getting a feeling for the atmosphere and the vibe there tonight it would have been impossible for you to know because you weren’t there. That isn’t a criticism of you, but hey you seem in an [B]incredibly argumentative mood[/B] tonight so I’m not surprised you’ve been [B]overly defensive[/B]. Thanks for the geography lesson as well Mr [B]Patronising[/B].

What are you going on about!? I said it would be toxic if he was there tonight, knowing that he was leaving. His departure would lead to some temporary instability, but in terms of the atmosphere around the place tonight it was better that he stayed away. Barrow, Darlington and Jaaskaleinen were more than capable and had plenty of experience to take the reins for tonight. Ricketts presence would have had a negative effect tonight.[/QUOTE]

Coming from the guy who "dismantles" arguments, this is really funny!

I have an opinion, you have a different one, accept it.

Incidentally, it's not that you explicitly said anything was better, it's just the way you picked up on a comment about a smartie whilst ignored a comment poking fun at mental illness. It's suggestive, that's all. And not in a particularly good way.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 23.16:19

[QUOTE=TWREX;2200714]You talk in a manner which suggests your not a wrexham fan, do us all a favour and just do one.[/QUOTE]

lmfao

"I disagree with you, you're not in my gang, f**k off" lmao.

Ashtonsleftfoot 1st December 2018 23.17:06

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200697]Pep
Mourinho
Christophe Urios
Alex Ferguson
...[/QUOTE]

Fergie retired and didn't tell anyone until the season was finished, to avoid distraction. Pep was transparent in taking a sabbatical and not going anywhere else - more of a motivator for the players to bow out on a high, and I hardly think Inter players were distracted about the Mouriho rumours days before playing in the final of the champions league, the pinnacle of any footballers career...

Try again.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 23.17:10

[QUOTE=redtalk;2200704]Ah for a football equivalent of Brian Cody!?[/QUOTE]

Ah for maybe not bringing prejudice into things.

TomWFC 1st December 2018 23.17:29

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200705]In fairness, you don't even know what you're going on about yourself given you can't remember what you wrote more than half a sentence previously.

I remember fine. Here’s what I said:

I can assure you the atmosphere would have been toxic had Ricketts been in the dugout. Instead, his absence galvanised and united the support in one positive voice that did make a difference and visibly helped the players

Then you come out with this:

On the one hand, you think a manager leaving creates a toxic atmosphere and instability, on the other, you don't. At least try to be consistent.

If you read what I said properly you’d see that I was referring specifically to the fact that Sam’s presence tonight would have caused the toxicity that I was referring to, not merely the fact that he was leaving. His absence helped focus the attention of the fans towards backing the team in unison i.e some unity.

Didn’t think that was too hard a concept to grasp...

WhiteKSE 1st December 2018 23.19:02

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200722]lmfao

"I disagree with you, you're not in my gang, f**k off" lmao.[/QUOTE]

No it’s just that your views are baffling. Have an opinion sure but don’t throw your toys out the pram when the majority disagree with you.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 23.20:52

[QUOTE=Ashtonsleftfoot;2200723]Fergie retired and didn't tell anyone until the season was finished, to avoid distraction. Pep was transparent in taking a sabbatical and not going anywhere else - more of a motivator for the players to bow out on a high, and I hardly think Inter players were distracted about the Mouriho rumours days before playing in the final of the champions league, the pinnacle of any footballers career...

Try again.[/QUOTE]

I don't need to, you haven't commented on Christophe Urios yet.

The whole world knew Ferguson was going, if you knew about the relationship between Mourinho and the Inter players your comment about him might not be clouded in so much ignorance and the fact you think on the one hand a manager leaving means players are demotivated and on the other a manager leaving means players are motivated is complete pish.

Must say you have great faith in Wrexham players that you think they couldn't get themselves up by themselves for such a grudge match.

tokyored 1st December 2018 23.21:09

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200705]
it is questionable why you hired him in the first place if you don't trust him now. [/QUOTE]

Well, that just makes no sense at all.
It's our fault for signing him and not having the foresight that he'd screw us over and lose our trust

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 23.21:54

[QUOTE=WhiteKSE;2200727]No it’s just that your views are baffling. Have an opinion sure but don’t throw your toys out the pram when the majority disagree with you.[/QUOTE]

You're not a Wrexham fan, f**k off is the voice of moderation to you then.

redtalk 1st December 2018 23.21:59

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200724]Ah for maybe not bringing prejudice into things.[/QUOTE]

??? I live in Ireland lol i would love a manager who stayed for 20 years winning multiple titles wouldn't you?

WhiteKSE 1st December 2018 23.24:10

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200731]You're not a Wrexham fan, f**k off is the voice of moderation to you then.[/QUOTE]

No I’ll just use sarcastic rhetoric when my views are quesrioned like yourself, that seems to be order of the day. Your argument is simply a very odd one.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 23.24:13

[QUOTE=tokyored;2200730]Well, that just makes no sense at all.
It's our fault for signing him and not having the foresight that he'd screw us over and lose our trust[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ are you really that base. Presumably the Wrexham board had faith in his abilities or they wouldn't have hired him, right? Presumably they thought he would do a professional job, right? So yesterday they thought he was capable of a professional job, today they don't think he is. That's the point I'm making.

Birdy 1st December 2018 23.24:46

Geez get a room.

John Neals Dynasty 1st December 2018 23.26:47

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2200657]I think Jussi will be gone too if SDR goes.[/QUOTE]

I don't as Danny Coyne his mate is a goalie
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 23.27:20

[QUOTE=WhiteKSE;2200734]No I’ll just use sarcastic rhetoric when my views are quesrioned like yourself, that seems to be order of the day. Your argument is simply a very odd one.[/QUOTE]

A guy is in a job. He's offered a potential move to a better paid one, with a higher standard of operation, with better prospects and higher potential to reach greater targets and with more money and better tools to work with and he thinks he should go. If you think that's odd, then I'd love to know your field of industry.

If you bothered to scroll back, you'd see the sarcasm started with others targeting it at me. So somebody responds to sarcasm with sarcasm. Is that another thing which seems odd to you?

WhiteKSE 1st December 2018 23.27:35

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200735]Jesus Christ are you really that base. Presumably the Wrexham board had faith in his abilities or they wouldn't have hired him, right? Presumably they thought he would do a professional job, right? So yesterday they thought he was capable of a professional job, today they don't think he is. That's the point I'm making.[/QUOTE]

Because yesterday they didn’t believe he had sought out a new job and had effectively stabbed them in the back - so yes they felt he was doing a professional job, things changed and they found out certain information and decided he wasn’t acting in the best interests of the club and he’d be a major distraction.

Connahs_Quay_Red 1st December 2018 23.28:14

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200739]A guy is in a job. He's offered a potential move to a better paid one, with a higher standard of operation, with better prospects and higher potential to reach greater targets and with more money and better tools to work with and he thinks he should go. If you think that's odd, then I'd love to know your field of industry.

If you bothered to scroll back, you'd see the sarcasm started with others targeting it at me. So somebody responds to sarcasm with sarcasm. Is that another thing which seems odd to you?[/QUOTE]

Jesus, you don’t give up mate 😂 career in politics beckons?

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 23.30:06

[QUOTE=redtalk;2200732]??? I live in Ireland lol i would love a manager who stayed for 20 years winning multiple titles wouldn't you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you're talking about a completely different situation. Football is notoriously disloyal. Part of Gaelic sports fame is loyalty but that's largely because of it's amateur status and sense of pride of place. Even that's changing though with the likes of Davy.

WhiteKSE 1st December 2018 23.30:35

[QUOTE=Kilkenny Red;2200739]A guy is in a job. He's offered a potential move to a better paid one, with a higher standard of operation, with better prospects and higher potential to reach greater targets and with more money and better tools to work with and he thinks he should go. If you think that's odd, then I'd love to know your field of industry.

If you bothered to scroll back, you'd see the sarcasm started with others targeting it at me. So somebody responds to sarcasm with sarcasm. Is that another thing which seems odd to you?[/QUOTE]

His ambition to move is not odd, anyone claiming it isn’t a step up is in denial so we agree on that for sure. I don’t see how him being present tonight would have been beneficial for anyone though - the board made the right call and I believe the atmosphere would have suffered and anyone who thinks atmospheres doesn’t impact playeds either positively or negatively must have never been to a decent footy match.

Kilkenny Red 1st December 2018 23.30:48

[QUOTE=Connahs_Quay_Red;2200741]Jesus, you don’t give up mate 😂 career in politics beckons?[/QUOTE]

I could well imagine you in the DUP.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.45:21.