RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ricketts gone - OFFICIAL (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/112983-ricketts-gone-official.html)

Tom wafc 3rd December 2018 16.00:53

Ricketts gone - OFFICIAL

Confirmed

The Method Maws 3rd December 2018 16.01:40

Re: Snake Ricketts gone

[url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/statement-sam-ricketts-departs-wrexham-afc[/url]

Phils-an-alki 3rd December 2018 16.01:51

Good riddance! Wasn't all that.

flintshirefan 3rd December 2018 16.01:53

Interesting he left Saturday morning basically

Phils-an-alki 3rd December 2018 16.03:34

Re: Ricketts gone - OFFICIAL

So it was all above board then?

WrexhamO 3rd December 2018 16.07:32

Posted:Mon 03 Dec 2018
Author:Carl Hogan

Wrexham AFC can confirm that First Team Manager Sam Ricketts has left the club to join Shrewsbury Town.

Following an approach from Shrewsbury Town we did everything possible to retain his services, however, once this interest became known, Sam expressed his desire to speak to them regarding their vacancy.

Shrewsbury Town triggered elements in Sam’s contract enabling them to approach him and at that point we were obliged to allow him to speak to them.

Following his discussions with Shrewsbury Town, Sam informed us of his intention to take up their vacant manager’s position on Saturday morning and in the best interests of Wrexham AFC, we asked him not to attend our FA Cup second round fixture versus Newport County on Saturday night.

Wrexham AFC are in a strong position after 22 league games of the 2018-19 season. We would like to thank Sam for his efforts and for the work he did while at the football club.

We are fully focused on further improving upon this situation going forward. Wrexham AFC have already begun the process to appoint Sam’s successor with Graham Barrow taking charge of the first team on an interim basis.

We will make further announcements regarding this matter as soon as possible.

Wrexham AFC will be making no further comment at this stage.

Funny_Old_Game 3rd December 2018 16.08:29

Far too nice a statement as usual and does nothing to deter the next club who wants to take our next one.

We should have at least put “during his brief time at the club” when thanking him.

rememberthegoodoldyears 3rd December 2018 16.08:36

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2201798]So it was all above board then?[/QUOTE]

No not at all but sadly we can’t prove anything

shinner 3rd December 2018 16.09:00

As loyal as Judas Iscariot , l wish Sam the worst of luck ....

WrexhamO 3rd December 2018 16.09:04

"We would like to thank Sam"

Would we??????

tokyored 3rd December 2018 16.09:33

Facts don't seem to add up that way but I'd guess it's hard to prove either Sam or his agent had been talking to them

Funny_Old_Game 3rd December 2018 16.09:56

[QUOTE=flintshirefan;2201794]Interesting he left Saturday morning basically[/QUOTE]

And still wanted to take charge of the team? The absolute arrogance of him. Thinking that it wouldn’t be a big deal and we’d be grateful or something?

Hightown Brymbo Red 3rd December 2018 16.10:33

Yes after official approach he was entitled to talk with them.Good riddance as he preferred them. But are we expected to believe that all the approachs and talks happened on Friday?

ABd 3rd December 2018 16.11:11

Absolute serpent.

pagl 3rd December 2018 16.11:47

depends on how you interpret - Shrewsbury Town triggered elements in Sam’s contract enabling them to approach him.

FieldtownRed 3rd December 2018 16.12:24

[QUOTE=Hightown Brymbo Red;2201808]Yes after official approach he was entitled to talk with them.Good riddance as he preferred them. But are we expected to believe that all the approachs and talks happened on Friday?[/QUOTE]

Does it matter? If he wanted to go and they’ve met the release clause I don’t think there’s much point dwelling on it any further.

Phils-an-alki 3rd December 2018 16.12:37

[QUOTE=rememberthegoodoldyears;2201801]No not at all but sadly we can’t prove anything[/QUOTE]

But it happens all the time and I don't get why this is different. I'm not trying to excuse SR by the way but we all know tapping up happens all the time especially with managers.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 3rd December 2018 16.12:47

The use of 'elements' is quite interesting rather than clauses, suggests dodgy approach to me at least. When keates left we had a full and frank explanation, this time we dont.

Red_Jackoisback 3rd December 2018 16.13:58

What gets me is Shrewsbury being better than us. Gutting

Bryn Tirion 3rd December 2018 16.14:06

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2201800]Far too nice a statement as usual and does nothing to deter the next club who wants to take our next one.

We should have at least put “during his brief time at the club” when thanking him.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

That statement sounds so matter of fact, as if everything is hunky dory.

I know they can’t tell him to piss off and say riddance but that’s far too nice.

Oswestryshrew 3rd December 2018 16.15:46

[QUOTE=Red_Jackoisback;2201816]What gets me is Shrewsbury being better than us. Gutting[/QUOTE]

Erm your national league were 2 leagues above you so it’s obvious we’re better than you 😂😂😂😂😂

corwenred 3rd December 2018 16.15:48

Even Shrewsbury fans think it's dodgy. Tells you all you need to know. Unfortunately everyone knows he's been tapped up. Just can't prove it.

CRUMBS 3rd December 2018 16.17:07

It's funny when you had respect for him , now looking at him on the Shrews site video he looks very iffy to me .

Hampshire Red 3rd December 2018 16.18:07

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2201815]The use of 'elements' is quite interesting rather than clauses, suggests dodgy approach to me at least. When keates left we had a full and frank explanation, this time we dont.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right GGGG. I also think the last two sentences in the statement are quite telling. I suspect they may be making no further comment at this stage on legal advice. As others have said it is just not credible that with 80 applicants for the job all the discussionbs with SDR took place from Thursday night onwards.

He's gone. Let's now focus on getting the right man in as his replacement.

Kiddy Dragon 3rd December 2018 16.18:15

Brian Caldwell speaks to ShrewsWeb about Sam Ricketts joining the club

Shrewsbury Town are pleased to have confirmed Sam Ricketts as the clubs new first-team Manager.

The Chairman and the Town CEO, Brian Caldwell, have been working hard behind the scenes to select the right man for the job.

Brian was happy to have secured his man and is looking forward to working with the Sam.

“We are delighted to get it all over the line,” Said Brian. “We are grateful to Wrexham for allowing us to speak to him.

“We are delighted now to have Sam on board. We see him as a promising young manager, who fits our model.

“He is ambitious as well and hopefully he can take the club forward.”

Sam joins the club on a two and half year contract

For the full interview with Sam Ricketts click the video in the article or head over to IFollow.

woblob04 3rd December 2018 16.22:57

From everything said there's more to it. Stating in an official statement would mean we need proof. Which is messy and could cost a pretty penny which we don't have.

Looks to me like club have thought about that and took compensation which in my eyes is the best outcome. If he doesn't want to be here...then go. Twice in a year is more than unfortunate but we move on.

Hope he has an absolute mare and laments this day when he is old. I wont.... F*#k him the snake they deserve eachother

Rhosymedre Red 3rd December 2018 16.23:13

And his first interview,
[url]https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2018/december/sam-ricketts-first-interview/[/url]

KingBuxton_Forever red 3rd December 2018 16.25:06

We know what happened, we dont need it in a club statement.

As FOG said, he already had the job but wanted to take the game Saturday. How arrogant or deluded do you need to be.

For me the club have done everything right here. Just unlucky.

pagl 3rd December 2018 16.26:40

[QUOTE=woblob04;2201823]Looks to me like club have thought about that and took compensation which in my eyes is the best outcome. If he doesn't want to be here...then go. Twice in a year is more than unfortunate but we move on.
[/QUOTE]

Which shows that we have made good appointments so lets back the board to do the same again.

TrueRed 3rd December 2018 16.27:44

So he had made it clear he was leaving but wanted to manage the team on Saturday? What an absolute weapon

spuderz123 3rd December 2018 16.28:52

[QUOTE=pagl;2201811]depends on how you interpret - Shrewsbury Town triggered elements in Sam’s contract enabling them to approach him.[/QUOTE]

This.

Shrewsbury asked to speak to Ricketts, we said no, Ricketts became aware of the interest and wanted the move. Next thing you know, Shrewsbury know what it'll take to "trigger elements" in his contract.

I wonder where they got that info from..

rob_1072 3rd December 2018 16.29:00

See ya Sam

Todd Sweeney 3rd December 2018 16.29:48

Can't believe he had the arrogance to tell the club he was leaving on the morning of a big game - and yet still wanted to manage us that night. This guy has no moral compass at all and is clearly only in it for himself.

Good riddance.

Wxm boy 3rd December 2018 16.30:22

Let's hope the board move swiftly to replace and don't sit on there hands like last year watching the season drift away.

Identify the target and get them in.

Bubba,Mold red 3rd December 2018 16.30:26

Good riddance whatever the dodgy circumstances. It's all about himself, brings his own team here, players and then jumps ship at the 1st higher offer. He'll shaft every club until he gets to the Prem and his pretty boy face on sky sports every week. Lower than a Snake's belly.

OriginalRhylRed 3rd December 2018 16.30:35

Sam . I wish you NO luck at the Slops or anywhere else you greedy bastard

benwilliams 3rd December 2018 16.31:01

Can't bring myself to watch his smug little face speak again. Good riddance, as the statement says we are in a great position to move forward and won't be short of quality candidates looking to take over.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 3rd December 2018 16.33:01

[QUOTE=spuderz123;2201829]This.

Shrewsbury asked to speak to Ricketts, we said no, Ricketts became aware of the interest and wanted the move. Next thing you know, Shrewsbury know what it'll take to "trigger elements" in his contract.

I wonder where they got that info from..[/QUOTE]

Elements suggest's only jumping through a few of the many hoops to use the release clause.

Redordead 3rd December 2018 16.33:35

Won’t last the season hopefully

wil 3rd December 2018 16.33:49

[QUOTE=WrexhamO;2201804]"We would like to thank Sam"

Would we??????[/QUOTE]

No we wouldn't, not bitter just 'bye'

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.42:13.