RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Good results for us today (Eastleigh H) (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113018-good-results-us-today-eastleigh-h.html)

foreverared 8th December 2018 16.07:27

Good results for us today (Eastleigh H)

Salford and Leyton Orient lose and Solihull draw

benwilliams 8th December 2018 16.11:36

Re: Good results for us today

Fylde lost surprisingly too. Harrogate are stubbornly consistent.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Pen Dafad 8th December 2018 16.15:39

Been a while since the results have gone so well for us

davewilli 8th December 2018 16.33:32

[QUOTE=foreverared;2204726]Salford and Leyton Orient lose and Solihull draw[/QUOTE]

So much for the predictions the top 2 would run aeay with it it and we would be playing for top 3 after today. Keep the faith c'mon Wxm, let's see some more Wxm spirit on Tuesday.

Pieman 8th December 2018 16.35:58

Very solid today my pre match thoughts were steady the ship and dont lose. Delighted to win that!

OneLoveWrexham 8th December 2018 16.37:03

Good result today and a confidence builder going into the biggest game of the season.

krux 8th December 2018 16.45:43

[QUOTE=davewilli;2204731]So much for the predictions the top 2 would run aeay with it it and we would be playing for top 3 after today. Keep the faith c'mon Wxm, let's see some more Wxm spirit on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

I think that's still the case. Soz.

dagg 8th December 2018 16.48:26

There number 5 was a big lad.

krux 8th December 2018 16.53:23

[QUOTE=dagg;2204742]There number 5 was a big lad.[/QUOTE]

He was huge, butgot bullied by carra on several occasions.

Carra is getting quiet hard this season

woblob04 8th December 2018 16.53:34

Watched the Orient game on bt. Bonne did nothing, no threat really. Must be the sort of player that just scores goals and nothing else. Would love one of them lazy goal scorers here though :)

rob_1072 8th December 2018 16.55:29

Thought Carr’s played well today. Wright stepped up also.

Cymro 8th December 2018 17.01:07

Great performance against a team in top form. Orient and Salford are NOT guaranteed to run away with it. Nothing is ever guaranteed, otherwise we would all win the pools every week. There is a good team spirit and, providing we get the right manager in, that is worth a lot of money.

redavid 8th December 2018 17.01:52

[QUOTE=rob_1072;2204746]Thought Carr’s played well today. Wright stepped up also.[/QUOTE]

Wright really had a good game today

JonWrexhamfc 8th December 2018 17.05:03

They were superb fair play. Beavon, Wright, Jennings all superb. Grant could've had 3 today. He's getting in behind and we've needed a lad who can do that.

krux 8th December 2018 17.09:13

Best thing about today was the second goal.

Specifically the fact that as soon as Grant got the ball it was a goal. Cant say that for any of other forwards.

totesey2 8th December 2018 17.10:32

Good performance by all players they worked very hard, Should have been at least 4-0
but we didn't take our chances, I thought Eastleigh were a solid side but like us can't score, Don't think they had one decent shot against us good build up but relied on crosses to score. A comfortable win in the end.

blackbrookred 8th December 2018 17.11:52

[QUOTE=foreverared;2204726]Salford and Leyton Orient lose and Solihull draw[/QUOTE]

They can't have lost, champions don't lose games like those.

blackbrookred 8th December 2018 17.12:29

[QUOTE=Cymro;2204747]Great performance against a team in top form. Orient and Salford are NOT guaranteed to run away with it. Nothing is ever guaranteed, otherwise we would all win the pools every week. There is a good team spirit and, providing we get the right manager in, that is worth a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree.

pagl 8th December 2018 17.21:28

[QUOTE=Cymro;2204747]Great performance against a team in top form. Orient and Salford are NOT guaranteed to run away with it. Nothing is ever guaranteed, otherwise we would all win the pools every week. There is a good team spirit and, providing we get the right manager in, that is worth a lot of money.[/QUOTE]

I would say another solid performance. Great is an overstatement :)

Early goal settled us but ratio of chances on target was poor, good to see we eventually got the 2nd.

haydneljay 8th December 2018 17.22:29

I guess the Wrexham player who will have the worst night's sleep tonight with Tuesday in mind is Lawlor. !! He has been great since he's been here, done nothing wrong at all - but looks like he'll be a permanent bench warmer from now on if no injuries........ unless , Graham Barrow slots him in at right back ? Who'd be a manager , I bet he'll trot out... "good problems to have".

TaidTom 8th December 2018 17.25:57

No way should Lawlor be dropped for Manny. Pearson in for Tuesday, Manny on the bench.

Let's not forget the great result at Burton. Just had a sneaky look at Blue and amber - the sloppy ones are not happy. Lovely.

krux 8th December 2018 17.26:52

[QUOTE=haydneljay;2204758]I guess the Wrexham player who will have the worst night's sleep tonight with Tuesday in mind is Lawlor. !! He has been great since he's been here, done nothing wrong at all - but looks like he'll be a permanent bench warmer from now on if no injuries........ unless , Graham Barrow slots him in at right back ? Who'd be a manager , I bet he'll trot out... "good problems to have".[/QUOTE]

Lawlor wont be dropped. Manny has to win it back, but he still didn't look match fit and will benefit from another 90 next Saturday

Bryn Tirion 8th December 2018 17.32:47

[QUOTE=krux;2204763]Lawlor wont be dropped. Manny has to win it back, but he still didn't look match fit and will benefit from another 90 next Saturday
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Agreed. After being out for so long 2 games in 4 days would be too much for him. Needs to ease himself back.

foreverared 8th December 2018 17.39:26

[QUOTE=Bryn Tirion;2204765]Agreed. After being out for so long 2 games in 4 days would be too much for him. Needs to ease himself back.[/QUOTE]

Lawlor is a unit and is good on the ball think he’ll stay

Mr Wonderful 8th December 2018 17.40:50

We’re not out of this by a long chalk . ...

thedischunter96 8th December 2018 17.44:50

When Roberts went off, we looked more attacking. He is reluctant to get the ball forward. Always playing it back to Lainton. Glad to see Ruthers played the full 90 today. Need to build on today and fingers crossed that we win tuesday!

OriginalRhylRed 8th December 2018 17.45:50

good battling performance today could easily have been 4-0 agree with other posters saying Wright had a good game. Well done lads keep it going !!!!

LlayDragon 8th December 2018 17.57:15

[QUOTE=haydneljay;2204758]I guess the Wrexham player who will have the worst night's sleep tonight with Tuesday in mind is Lawlor. !! He has been great since he's been here, done nothing wrong at all - but looks like he'll be a permanent bench warmer from now on if no injuries........ unless , Graham Barrow slots him in at right back ? Who'd be a manager , I bet he'll trot out... "good problems to have".[/QUOTE]

Don't be daft.

It's Smith who will be benched for Pearson. Had Pearson not been suspended Smith would have been on the bench today.

Bushfield Stand 8th December 2018 18.16:52

Good result against a decent team, nice that we're not ten points behind the leaders by Sunday, as the doom merchants had been predicting.

Thought we played some excellent passing football today.

RemovedUser 8th December 2018 18.20:05

Did you know that if LO had won today and we had lost, they would have been 10points clear of us?

basdragon 8th December 2018 18.21:50

[QUOTE=Redrobinman;2204789]Did you know that if LO had won today and we had lost, they would have been 10points clear of us.[/QUOTE]

Do you know that that is not what happened :freak::freak:

aubrey 8th December 2018 18.33:35

Some big games coming up. After we have played Salford twice they play orient, so a lot of twist and turns to come. If we can get two good results against Salford and then hope they beat orient, the table could be looking very good.

Redted 8th December 2018 18.37:09

Was Dennis Lawrence sitting behind the dugout to the right of the tunnel. Couldn't quite see from the tech end but it looked like him.

ozzy red 8th December 2018 21.05:06

This was my prediction of top 7 as posted at start of season
Not bad for a guy from down under

Orient
Salford
Wrexham
Boreham Wood
Aldershot
Fylde
Chesterfield

Relegated
Barrow
Guiseley
Braintree
Gateshead

davewilli 8th December 2018 21.11:41

[QUOTE=ozzy red;2204851]This was my prediction of top 7 as posted at start of season

Orient
Salford
Wrexham
Boreham Wood
Aldershot
Fylde
Chesterfield

Relegated
Barrow
Guiseley
Braintree
Gateshead[/QUOTE]

Currently 5 correct out of 11.

moldroadred 8th December 2018 21.13:08

[QUOTE=ozzy red;2204851]This was my prediction of top 7 as posted at start of season

Orient
Salford
Wrexham
Boreham Wood
Aldershot
Fylde
Chesterfield

Relegated
Barrow
Guiseley
Braintree
Gateshead[/QUOTE]

Stick to the day job

tokyored 8th December 2018 21.14:13

Orient
Salford
Wrexham
Boreham Wood
Aldershot
Fylde
Chesterfield

Relegated
Barrow
Guiseley
Braintree
Gateshead[/QUOTE]

Let's talk about Guiseley... :D

Lods 8th December 2018 21.22:08

The results today plus the game in hand we have over Salford, Harrogate and Orient mean there's still hope. If we can take 4 points from Salford on the bank holidays we'll be in the driver's seat.

EnglishRed 8th December 2018 21.37:19

[QUOTE=thedischunter96;2204770]When Roberts went off, we looked more attacking. He is reluctant to get the ball forward. Always playing it back to Lainton. Glad to see Ruthers played the full 90 today. Need to build on today and fingers crossed that we win tuesday![/QUOTE]

Young coming on was probably more significant for given us an attacking edge than Roberts coming off.

John Neals Dynasty 8th December 2018 23.10:13

[QUOTE=EnglishRed;2204867]Young coming on was probably more significant for given us an attacking edge than Roberts coming off.[/QUOTE]

I agree I thought Summerfield had one of his worst games today he didn't look as fired up as usual, he looked a bit casual, but all players at this level have off days.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.37:31.