RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   [BBC] John Askey: Ex-Shrewsbury manager interested in Wrexham vacancy (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113075-%5Bbbc%5D-john-askey-ex-shrewsbury-manager-interested-wrexham-vacancy.html)

RemovedUser 17th December 2018 16.40:06

Re: [BBC] John Askey: Ex-Shrewsbury manager interested in Wrexham vacancy

[QUOTE=fezbob;2207738]If you don't Askey, you don't getty.[/QUOTE]

Correct.
You have to askey, if you want arfur chance of getting the job.

Vorporix 17th December 2018 16.41:08

[QUOTE=Redrobinman;2207786]Correct.
You have to askey, if you want arfur chance of getting the job.[/QUOTE]

That's right playmates :)

Wopdragon 17th December 2018 16.47:56

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2207783]Id rather have Clarke over either but if it's a choice between Askey and Challinor to me it's a no brainer and that's Askey based on actual success and no compensation being required.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

This 100% for me. Clarke would be the ideal choice, but means Barrow and Darlington will be given the push I'd have thought.

Jaded 17th December 2018 17.32:42

[QUOTE=benwilliams;2207783]Id rather have Clarke over either but if it's a choice between Askey and Challinor to me it's a no brainer and that's Askey based on actual success and no compensation being required.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I take your point about compensation, but Challinor has had many more successful seasons than Askey gasp surely?

redinsaudi 17th December 2018 17.45:04

[QUOTE=Jaded;2207819]I take your point about compensation, but Challinor has had many more successful seasons than Askey gasp surely?[/QUOTE]

I agree, Challinor only has a contact til the end of May so compo wont be too much. I like the way he plays and his players discipline is ace, plus he is pals with Barrow

dixienormous 17th December 2018 17.46:17

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2207823]I agree, Challinor only has a contact til the end of May so compo wont be too much. I like the way he plays and his players discipline is ace, plus he is pals with Barrow[/QUOTE]

Hasn’t he signed a new contract until 2021?

benwilliams 17th December 2018 18.11:03

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2207823]I agree, Challinor only has a contact til the end of May so compo wont be too much. I like the way he plays and his players discipline is ace, plus he is pals with Barrow[/QUOTE]

Someone said he'd signed a new 3 year deal but maybe that's not the case.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

benwilliams 17th December 2018 18.12:36

[QUOTE=Jaded;2207819]I take your point about compensation, but Challinor has had many more successful seasons than Askey gasp surely?[/QUOTE]

Successful in lower leagues in a big budget, with Fylde at least not sure 're Colwyn Bay. Askey has done it in this league with what appears to be a modestly talented and inexpensive squad albeit I know there is suspicion about how small the budget actually was.

I am far from an Askey advocate and there are a few I'd pick ahead of him but I can't get excited about Challinor at all.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

dixienormous 17th December 2018 18.14:23

[url]https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/afc-fylde/dave-challinor-extends-contract-as-afc-fylde-manager-1-9216615[/url]

Unless the chairman at Fylde has told Challinor of his intention to leave and take over at a proper club, the club he really wants, Blackpool.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.35:43.