RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Barrow, Cheap Option & Danny Ward money (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113232-barrow-cheap-option-danny-ward-money.html)

Phils-an-alki 9th January 2019 10.02:38

Re: Barrow, Cheap Option & Danny Ward money

[QUOTE=Stafford Red;2218369]Keates was a good appointment, so was Ricketts, Lawrence would have followed the same criteria, and Barrow's appointment as assistant made sense.
Appointing Barrow before DL was finalised was the big error.
From that point, making GB up, and letting him choose his assistant broke the mould. We can only hope these few games are just a blip, like every team has, and all will be rosy come April.
I have my doubts.[/QUOTE]

What did Keates and Ricketts do here that made them good appointments exactly?

Barrow's appointment made no sense and anyone thinking he was the boards first or even second choice is kidding themselves. He hasn't managed for over 10 years and had no desire to do so. How does that make sense? Plus lessons not learnt from last season leaves you wondering at the level of arrogance there is in the boardroom. Not good enough.
I agree giving Barrow that deal before they got a manager in was bizarre and piss poor.

redinsaudi 9th January 2019 10.07:06

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2218370]What did Keates and Ricketts do here that made them good appointments exactly?

Barrow's appointment made no sense and anyone thinking he was the boards first or even second choice is kidding themselves. He hasn't managed for over 10 years and had no desire to do so. How does that make sense? Plus lessons not learnt from last season leaves you wondering at the level of arrogance there is in the boardroom. Not good enough.
I agree giving Barrow that deal before they got a manager in was bizarre and piss poor.[/QUOTE]

Never rated Keates or Ricketts. Just learning their trade in a piss poor league for which it really has been for the last three seasons. Someone with a bit of balls and know how would have got us out. Seems the board are happy with mediocre and a few quid in the bank.

cardiffred 9th January 2019 10.25:36

[QUOTE=redinsaudi;2218371]Never rated Keates or Ricketts. Just learning their trade in a piss poor league for which it really has been for the last three seasons. .[/QUOTE]

Talk about revisionist history...

Ooh aah Paskin 9th January 2019 10.25:51

[QUOTE=Rhosymedre Red;2218365]They won 1-2 at Gateshead last night.[/QUOTE]

I am half tempted to put a bet on Solihull to be champions.

We are imploding, Orient are stuttering, Salford are unpredictable.

Yet Solihull have been consistent from day one.
Crazy but they could just do it....

cardiffred 9th January 2019 10.27:40

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2218370]What did Keates and Ricketts do here that made them good appointments exactly?
[/QUOTE]

You are turning into a WUM. :eek:

Kiddy Dragon 9th January 2019 10.29:38

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2218379]I am half tempted to put a bet on Solihull to be champions.

We are imploding, Orient are stuttering, Salford are unpredictable.

Yet Solihull have been consistent from day one.
Crazy but they could just do it....[/QUOTE]

But according to RP, Flowers is not worthy. He has done a good job at Solihull in a very short time.

pagl 9th January 2019 10.31:37

[QUOTE=aussiejackoinsaudi;2218347]I'm ready for a total change in the direction of Wrexham. We seem to have a back room staff whose contribution is negligible. I would love to see some Welsh players at the club. At the moment Liverpool seems to be the flavour of the month. What is now happening with the youth set up. Do we have one as we hear nothing about it. Basically at 66 years of age I'm finally fed up.[/QUOTE]

If we cannot improve the squad and team now with this Ward and FA cup money then we may as well consign ourselves to this level and make plans for 2,500 crowds and the budget that goes with it.

I was expecting more this Jan window and question the sanity of attending home games like Braintree, Dover, Bromley with their handful of supporters.

Fk me its hard work after over 10 years

Phils-an-alki 9th January 2019 10.32:40

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2218381]You are turning into a WUM. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Your reply to my post is far more in the WUM category than what I posted.
What are you turning into? Someone who just snipes at others daring to have an opinion that differs from the sheep.

You could have of course chosen to answer the question I posed instead of spineless sniping. Revolutionary I know.

redinsaudi 9th January 2019 10.33:45

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2218378]Talk about revisionist history...[/QUOTE]

It’s a fans forum, it’s about opinions and that’s mine. Appointing first time
Managers is a risk and both of these hardly set the (very poor) league on fire. Stats don’t lie

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.58:24.