RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Statement from WST Independent Secretary (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113389-statement-wst-independent-secretary.html)

John Neals Dynasty 7th February 2019 14.52:43

[QUOTE=ewloered;2228597]Corruption? Think you need to have a sit down mate. They may have f****d up but come on.[/QUOTE]

Said in wound up frustration at what's happening to our club.... I accept the word Corruption was OTT having cooled down slightly what I meant was underhand goings on as in lies as cover ups in regards to the Barrow situation asking to leave and being allowed to carry on in his position, also appointing him and Hughes as managers like a secret sect.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Corner Flag 7th February 2019 14.53:16

Re: Statement from WST Independent Secretary

[QUOTE=Rob;2228432][url=http://www.wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/component/k2/item/5381-statement-from-wst-independent-secretary#]Statement from WST Independent Secretary[/url]

“[i]
I am the independent secretary of Wrexham Supporters Trust. I am not a club director or trust board member. My role is to advise the Trust and ensure it acts legally and within the Rules. My role provides an insight into many aspects of trust and club business. I do not speak for either.

I make this statement now because I am very concerned about the level of abuse directed at certain individual directors especially on social media. Members should question and challenge decisions by their elected representatives - they have delegated power and responsibility to them. It’s one of the many advantages of supporter ownership. Although board members cannot always reveal the sensitive information behind some of those decisions or provide all of the detail about why events occurred. Sometimes for legal reasons.

Importantly, decisions by the club board are made by all directors. They share collective responsibility as do the trust board for their decisions. There will be an opportunity for members to question the board(s) about recent events. To single out individual directors is unfair and illogical and when it’s abusive is completely unacceptable. I’m sure the vast majority of fair minded Wrexham fans would agree with that.

And so I would reassure members that decisions made by the boards are made in good faith with the best interests of the Club in mind. People may disagree with them but please refrain from abusing individual volunteers. Instead use the procedures that exist to question your board members starting with tonight’s members meeting.

Thank you.

Alan Fox[/i]”[/QUOTE]

Is this really written by SH ? who is this Fox fela never heard of him myself.

Jaded 7th February 2019 14.55:16

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2228621]Is this really written by SH ? who is this Fox fela never heard of him myself.[/QUOTE]

[url=http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/meet-the-board/5-alan-fox#]Alan Fox[/url]

onelegged harry 7th February 2019 15.03:21

[QUOTE=Jaded;2228623][url=http://wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/meet-the-board/5-alan-fox#]Alan Fox[/url][/QUOTE]

I think Alan Fox has exceeded his role as Secretary, in my world his task was to
take down minutes of meetings.
Mr Fox. You are tainted by issuing your statement and possibly aware of what
Was happening.
I seriously think that those people involved with the appointments/sackings
should resign immediately along with Mr Fox.

dixienormous 7th February 2019 15.07:00

Whoever gave Hughes a three year contract should pay him out of it. Ffs

Quay Red 7th February 2019 15.08:49

[QUOTE=Corner Flag;2228621]Is this really written by SH ? who is this Fox fela never heard of him myself.[/QUOTE]

Don't believe for one minute that you don't know Alan Fox.
The fact that he stands head and shoulders above everyone gives it away.
He's introduced himself many times in his role when elections to the board are made. He has a responsibility to verify the results in conjunction with another WST member and an external adjudicator. (Normally from The Jesters trust or Telford.)

Quay Red 7th February 2019 15.13:09

[QUOTE=onelegged harry;2228628]I think Alan Fox has exceeded his role as Secretary, in my world his task was to
take down minutes of meetings.
Mr Fox. You are tainted by issuing your statement and possibly aware of what
Was happening.
I seriously think that those people involved with the appointments/sackings
should resign immediately along with Mr Fox.[/QUOTE]

Who got sacked?
You obviously have no idea of Mr Fox's role. It is predominately to take the minutes but also to ensure that everything is done above board at OFFICIAL board meetings.

leftfoot 7th February 2019 15.14:13

According to WST website, Alan Fox's statement was written by John Mills. Does this mean Alan signed what was put in front of him?

Rob 7th February 2019 15.16:54

[QUOTE=leftfoot;2228641]According to WST website, Alan Fox's statement was written by John Mills. Does this mean Alan signed what was put in front of him?[/QUOTE]

That will just be a quirk of the software so whoever put the info online used John Mills account and thus displays as such.

leftfoot 7th February 2019 15.25:07

Thanks for that. Best to get it straight as the board members have enough on their plates as it is.

Vorporix 7th February 2019 15.27:15

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2228636]Don't believe for one minute that you don't know Alan Fox.
The fact that he stands head and shoulders above everyone gives it away.
He's introduced himself many times in his role when elections to the board are made. He has a responsibility to verify the results in conjunction with another WST member and an external adjudicator. (Normally from The Jesters trust or Telford.)[/QUOTE]

Perhaps he was vixen him up with someone else?

sandyred 7th February 2019 15.27:56

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2228640]Who got sacked?
You obviously have no idea of Mr Fox's role. It is predominately to take the minutes but also to ensure that everything is done above board at OFFICIAL board meetings.[/QUOTE]

Oh your so touchy!!
Also, why do you never accept criticism against the board.
Never !!

Fox has issued an embarrassing statement, don't defend such shite

wrexhamrob 7th February 2019 15.35:39

Re: WST Statement From Alan Fox

[QUOTE=Always The Kop;2228456]A very measured message to fans. Nobody deserves personal abuse, it's totally uncalled for ( apologies I don't know how to post it on to here )

Fans need to stick together, don't become like that lot down the road.

Honest open discussion yes, abuse totally uncalled for and it needs to stop

Don't make tonight into a witch hunt of individuals, collectively they all need to sort out the communication issues etc for the benefit of our club, there are more positives than negatives in the structure. We can all move forward as a fan base and that includes the boards and lets finish the season in a positive fashion on the pitch.

The new manager needs a good show of fans tonight so he knows he has our backing, so get yourself to the Cent tonight.

COYR[/QUOTE]
Totally agree, very measured, which is all our responsibility to be measured and polite, personal abuse has no place in this as we all want the same- the best for Wrexham fc.
Please be measured and ask constructive questions tonight

Not a board member
But an ordinary supporter for 50 years

COYR

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 7th February 2019 15.57:40

So how exactly is Alan Fox 'independant', being friendly with board members suggest no such thing.

The only way an enquiry will work fairly is for someone with no affinity to the club to review the whole thing.

CRUMBS 7th February 2019 16.00:49

Well i would assume he's been approached to make that statement , don't you think , same as GB had his say in the paper today .

Hometown Unicorn 7th February 2019 16.06:55

Completely agree that some of the messages Spencer Harris has received are unacceptable. Those who don't believe the abuse is happening should search his twitter handle and any who think it's acceptable are as bad as those taking part in the abuse.

I think Alan's statement is a fair one. Hopefully we'll get some more truth tonight from the board and after we've heard their side of the story we, as members, can act accordingly.

Alan Attack 7th February 2019 16.07:16

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2228679]So how exactly is Alan Fox 'independant', being friendly with board members suggest no such thing.

The only way an enquiry will work fairly is for someone with no affinity to the club to review the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

What is being reviewed?

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 7th February 2019 16.08:58

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2228683]What is being reviewed?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it's not going to happen, the coverup starts tonight.

Alan Attack 7th February 2019 16.20:35

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2228685]Exactly, it's not going to happen, the coverup starts tonight.[/QUOTE]

What’s being covered up?

Phils-an-alki 7th February 2019 16.22:14

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2228692]What’s being covered up?[/QUOTE]

They have form, the Mills fiasco definitely was.

Its all about self preservation, clearly.

eosceiriog 7th February 2019 16.23:12

[QUOTE=Hometown Unicorn;2228682]Completely agree that some of the messages Spencer Harris has received are unacceptable. Those who don't believe the abuse is happening should search his twitter handle and any who think it's acceptable are as bad as those taking part in the abuse.

I think Alan's statement is a fair one. Hopefully we'll get some more truth tonight from the board and after we've heard their side of the story we, as members, can act accordingly.[/QUOTE]

Giving out personal abuse and threats is self defeating. Unfortunately this statement has ramped up the feeling of closing ranks whether or not that was really the intention.

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 7th February 2019 16.24:38

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2228692]What’s being covered up?[/QUOTE]

Don't try and play being daft, it doesn't suit. The coverup will encompass everything from Ricketts on, get the stories straight and go for damage limitation.

Send in the boards lapdog's on here to start the bickering again and deflect as much attention away from them while they read the threads deciding the next move.

Ricketts was know to be leaving - by some -, despite claims to the contrary and I've always maintained that!

corwenred 7th February 2019 16.24:47

Are members able to initiate an EGM? That way people could motion a bid for new board elections. Then some of you can throw your hats into the ring rather than going ape shit on here.

pagl 7th February 2019 16.32:03

[QUOTE=corwenred;2228701]Are members able to initiate an EGM? That way people could motion a bid for new board elections. Then some of you can throw your hats into the ring rather than going ape shit on here.[/QUOTE]

No-one wants to be involved in shit like this. Leave it to the Egotists and let them bun fight between themselves. They deserve it. Apathy reigns.

Prodigal Dragon 7th February 2019 16.38:21

[QUOTE=Rob;2228432][url=http://www.wst.org.uk/www3/index.php/component/k2/item/5381-statement-from-wst-independent-secretary#]Statement from WST Independent Secretary[/url]

“[i]
I am the independent secretary of Wrexham Supporters Trust. I am not a club director or trust board member. My role is to advise the Trust and ensure it acts legally and within the Rules. My role provides an insight into many aspects of trust and club business. I do not speak for either.

I make this statement now because I am very concerned about the level of abuse directed at certain individual directors especially on social media. Members should question and challenge decisions by their elected representatives - they have delegated power and responsibility to them. It’s one of the many advantages of supporter ownership. Although board members cannot always reveal the sensitive information behind some of those decisions or provide all of the detail about why events occurred. Sometimes for legal reasons.

Importantly, decisions by the club board are made by all directors. They share collective responsibility as do the trust board for their decisions. There will be an opportunity for members to question the board(s) about recent events. To single out individual directors is unfair and illogical and when it’s abusive is completely unacceptable. I’m sure the vast majority of fair minded Wrexham fans would agree with that.

And so I would reassure members that decisions made by the boards are made in good faith with the best interests of the Club in mind. People may disagree with them but please refrain from abusing individual volunteers. Instead use the procedures that exist to question your board members starting with tonight’s members meeting.

Thank you.

Alan Fox[/i]”[/QUOTE]

Thanks Alan. You are correct that it is unacceptable for individuals to verbally abuse or threaten individuals.

If fans or WST members have a complaint they should either speak to Pete Jones or write a formal letter of complaint, so their opinions can be examined.

onelegged harry 7th February 2019 16.40:05

[QUOTE=pagl;2228709]No-one wants to be involved in shit like this. Leave it to the Egotists and let them bun fight between themselves. They deserve it. Apathy reigns.[/QUOTE]

Power to the few at the expense of the many.

pagl 7th February 2019 16.41:07

[QUOTE=onelegged harry;2228716]Power to the few at the expense of the many.[/QUOTE]

Its the motto of the WAFC board it seems

sandyred 7th February 2019 16.50:17

[QUOTE=Get It Forward;2228599]Next thing will be John Mills “ I’ve been physically threatened/ intimated / spat at again “ press release
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTYawn

Bigmike 7th February 2019 17.09:53

Re: WST Statement From Alan Fox

[QUOTE=Always The Kop;2228456]A very measured message to fans. Nobody deserves personal abuse, it's totally uncalled for ( apologies I don't know how to post it on to here )

Fans need to stick together, don't become like that lot down the road.

Honest open discussion yes, abuse totally uncalled for and it needs to stop

Don't make tonight into a witch hunt of individuals, collectively they all need to sort out the communication issues etc for the benefit of our club, there are more positives than negatives in the structure. We can all move forward as a fan base and that includes the boards and lets finish the season in a positive fashion on the pitch.

The new manager needs a good show of fans tonight so he knows he has our backing, so get yourself to the Cent tonight.

COYR[/QUOTE]
I agree with this

Back of the Kop 7th February 2019 17.27:31

“[i]

Thank you.

Alan Fox[/i]”[/QUOTE]

In the trade this is known as 'conditioning'

Junior Shabadoo 7th February 2019 17.37:28

[QUOTE=pagl;2228709]No-one wants to be involved in shit like this. Leave it to the Egotists and let them bun fight between themselves. They deserve it. Apathy reigns.[/QUOTE]

This is a poor post. Given the amount of discussion of the last couple of days there is clearly no apathy. And ultimately for all the (justifiable) complaints, nothing will change if nobody else steps up. You don’t have to but you can’t shoot the suggestion down because it’s true. Even if you want the club sold someone would have to manage that while working for the club until it happens.

pagl 7th February 2019 18.05:37

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2228750]This is a poor post. Given the amount of discussion of the last couple of days there is clearly no apathy. And ultimately for all the (justifiable) complaints, nothing will change if nobody else steps up. You don’t have to but you can’t shoot the suggestion down because it’s true. Even if you want the club sold someone would have to manage that while working for the club until it happens.[/QUOTE]

Its true though. How many would put themselves forward?
Thats the apathy I am referring to, not that we dont care enough to comment on here.

Seen plenty of poor comments from many. You going to point them all out?

Mr Wonderful 7th February 2019 18.18:13

It’s as if someone put Theresa May in charge for an hour & just stood back . .
:willy_nilly::willy_nilly:

Junior Shabadoo 7th February 2019 18.22:22

[QUOTE=pagl;2228772]Its true though. How many would put themselves forward?
Thats the apathy I am referring to, not that we dont care enough to comment on here.

Seen plenty of poor comments from many. You going to point them all out?[/QUOTE]

You weren’t speculating about the numbers though. You just labelled those who would step up as egotistical and...well there wasn’t much more substance to it than that. It’s just empty ranting in response to a more constructive post. And I don’t have to respond to every post I see - maybe a lesson for you there.

pagl 7th February 2019 18.29:48

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2228781]You weren’t speculating about the numbers though. You just labelled those who would step up as egotistical and...well there wasn’t much more substance to it than that. It’s just empty ranting in response to a more constructive post. And I don’t have to respond to every post I see - maybe a lesson for you there.[/QUOTE]

Think you misunderstand. Egotists are the incumbants. Its not a rant just an observation.

greenacres 7th February 2019 18.45:23

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2228746]In the trade this is known as 'conditioning'[/QUOTE]

The conditioned response should be accountability and scrutiny of board decision making. Any signs of contrition from the board around this fiasco.

billybersham 7th February 2019 18.54:13

[QUOTE=sandyred;2228723][QUOTE=Get It Forward;2228599]Next thing will be John Mills “ I’ve been physically threatened/ intimated / spat at again “ press release
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTYawn[/QUOTE]

Got a question to ask the gents on our executive board sorry the only ones that come to mind are spencer and john mills,are they wrexham people have they supported our club for years?

RemovedUser 7th February 2019 19.10:22

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2228640]Who got sacked?
You obviously have no idea of Mr Fox's role. It is predominately to take the minutes but also to ensure that everything is done above board at OFFICIAL board meetings.[/QUOTE]

Yes, he illustrates his ignorance.
Taking minutes is a very small part of a Company Secretaries job (as his is akin to).
As a former Co. Sec I can say that the role carries many of the legal responsibilties of the Directors along with many more applying to him/her specifically.
The last time I looked there were about twice as many misdemeanours a Co Sec can be sent to jail for than the Directors.

As for Alan Fox’s statement, all he’s asking is for people to seek answers through the proper channels rather than personally abusing individuals.

Ddraigoch 7th February 2019 19.18:31

I'm not casting aspersions with this question but doesn't the Chairman of the WST board sit on the Football Club board as well?

I haven't heard that he is 'hopping mad' or 'resigning', neither has he received any abuse so let me draw some conclusions

He knew what was happening
The furious on here also go on his Wales trips and don't want to be told to do one

Maybe some times it's better to view the bigger picture!!

RemovedUser 7th February 2019 20.06:03

[QUOTE=GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo;2228679]So how exactly is Alan Fox 'independant', being friendly with board members suggest no such thing.

The only way an enquiry will work fairly is for someone with no affinity to the club to review the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

How and why does being “friendly” with Board Members prevent someone from carrying out their responsibilites correctly. His role means necessarily has to interact with the Board Members, and he carries legal responsibility for what he does/advises on. In that respect he has to be independent..or risks both his reputation and probably his livelihood.

As for an enquiry, who’s asking for one? About what?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.11:30.