RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Ratings v Orient (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113591-ratings-v-orient.html)

Red-C 11th March 2019 14.11:46

Re: Ratings v Orient

My impression is that Darlington is a modern coach with the ability to analyse performance using all the latest techniques and statistics. My guess is that is the reason Beavon always comes off around the hour as they are monitoring this stats with distance run etc. Maybe I'm wrong.

If this is Darlington's approach then it is very effective overall but my interest (its certainly not having a go) is that if this is his philisophy then does this mean we are less effective in other ways as we are not flexible, or willing to take risks when we are on the attack.

---

It's not the same thing but someone did a great analysis of Tony Pulis teams and it showed how pretty much ever attacking move in Pulis teams involves a chipped in cross from about 20 yards out. The idea being that whilst it is statistically more effective for a winger to get to the byline and cut it back, if you cross from outside the box your defensive player is always in place if the defense wins the ball. It's a defensive-first style of attacking football.

pagl 11th March 2019 14.25:11

A modern game with a 433 should be based on pressing the opposition higher up the pitch.

Our tactics are based on fear of losing a point.
It has been dull, dull, dull all season except for two 45 spells against Salford and Ebbsfleet.

Lets hope BH improves this next season.

redone 11th March 2019 14.28:12

[QUOTE=steve;2238917]Dont think Grant played as bad as people are making out, not great but got himself involved and didn't hide tbf to him,can't be doing with this need to have a scapegoat on here all the time bollox and apart from Tollit nobody looked a threat or had a particularly great game.[/QUOTE]

the thing with Grant is he has dropped down from L1, and was expected to give us the big boost impact, we needed,the 5game loss he played in them the next loss we have hes played pretty much all the game,he offers nothing, he should be starring in these games, maybe its the system we play? but not even glimpses of quality, looks like his legs have gone and he cant hack it,hope hes not involved tues, give Holroyd a go ffs

cardiffred 11th March 2019 14.46:34

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2238978]Said it for a while now this club ruins any striker that comes here. All the evidence is there. We've had too many now for it to be put down to just poor recruitment.

Saying that, actually playing the ones you sign instead of the ones that aren't scoring might be a good place to start.[/QUOTE]

Our style of play is the reasons strikers struggle. We could have Shearer in his prime up there and it would make no difference.

Saturday specifically, 2 of our 3 main midfield men were out. Summerfield is a massive loss. sooner he is back the better.

Phils-an-alki 12th March 2019 09.13:14

[QUOTE=Quay Red;2239000]Don't get the criticism of Darlington.
The coaches, whoever they are, only follow the instructions of the manager.
It may be that Rickets and Barrow have set the basis for the way we are playing at present and BH is unlikely to change things with the players he has inherited.
I am however impressed with the way that Bryan has gone about his business and has up to now, silenced the critics.

I wholeheartedly agree with the comments about the midfield.[/QUOTE]

There was no criticism of BH, the criticism was at the board.
For what its worth BH has really impressed me too, need to try and keep him for more than a few months now.

Darlington can only get credit for the good things about this team yet he can't receive criticism for the failures of the team when he is the coach and he organises everything apparently. I don't get that.

Quay Red 12th March 2019 09.39:18

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2239152]There was no criticism of BH, the criticism was at the board.
For what its worth BH has really impressed me too, need to try and keep him for more than a few months now.

Darlington can only get credit for the good things about this team yet he can't receive criticism for the failures of the team when he is the coach and he organises everything [COLOR="Red"]apparently.[/COLOR] I don't get that.[/QUOTE]

Don't see any need to praise or criticise the coaches. They can only work with what we've got and try to get the best out of the players and motivate them if needed.
The team is not selected by CD. The tactics are down to the manager and his team based on the information about the opposition.
Ultimately it's the manager who sinks or swims by his decisions.
If he didn't think that his coaches were doing the right job, as he sees it, then he'd be inclined to change them.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.38:37.