RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Wxmfrontline on twitter (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/113808-wxmfrontline-twitter.html)

standman 27th April 2019 09.29:05

Re: Wxmfrontline on twitter

[QUOTE=Foxy;2251632]Personal abuse is de rigeur for some of these clique characters Pagl. They have been doing it for years. Sadly there is a depressing hint of menace about them.[/QUOTE]

Even though it’s pretty clear who and what’s happened it’s going to be the usual circle the wagons and hope it all goes away again attitude of let’s ignore the peasants.

Inside Left 27th April 2019 09.51:59

[QUOTE=The Only Way Is Up;2251623]I have a great idea!

Instead of relying on some highly paid club directors lending money to a football club, let's start a group of several thousand fans who are sufficiently passionate about their club and rely on some who have expertise in commerce, law, and finance - as well as most fans' self-proclaimed understanding of football plus a lifetime's experience of supporting their club through good and bad times - to work unpaid, give up untold hours of their family and social lives to form a Board.

Let them encourage all those (including themselves) who recognise that several thousand "members" finding relatively small amounts of spare money and donating it (not lending it!) to improving squad strength, is more likely to bring better results than relying on traditional directors to fund the club only to want their money back as soon as - or rape the club instead.

I speak from some experience: Being heavily involved in starting the "Beer a Week Fund" which gave birth to WiNS, then became a Supporter's Trust before the name was changed to the WST, I gave up 2 year's income from my business in order to get things moving. That represented quite a lot of money to say nothing about long hours, thousands of miles of travelling, complaints from my family, and so on. All in the past now as many will be quick to say.

Those of us involved saw the transition from a badly-run, conventional club, through one which was targeted by developers and fraudsters who would undoubtedly have brought about the end for Wrexham Football Club, to a club run now by fans for the benefit of ALL the fans. You can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time, unfortunately, and there will always be criticisms from some - most often those who feel they could do better if only they had the time, money, whatever, that would allow them to bring their expertise to the table. That's fine too, because they remain fans of the club, even if they can't see the long-term benefits of maintaining affordability in a world of clubs going bust. Some of them will call that "jam tomorrow" perhaps, but it's much better than sour grapes.

Just as a child grows up, so the Trust has grown up too. The alleged "inexperience" of Board members is simply not true, but they are all human, and aren't always gifted with the ability to forecast the future as accurately as the rest of us would like to see - not that we could do any better than them.

The idiot who posted as Wxmfrontline on Twitter deserves all the criticism he or she receives, but does highlight the frustrations of seeing some people working very hard for others who in turn do little but complain about them. Don't get me wrong, he or she is 100% out of order, even if reading the posts has caused some amusement on RP as well as anger.

If we manage to win our play-off games and find ourselves in L2 next season, that will be a huge achievement and one to be proud of. If we don't, then a concerted effort will be required by all supporters (including the Board members) to go a stage further next season. We wouldn't be the only club in the UK to miss promotion by a whisker, and all of those will believe in their ability to do it better next year.

Good luck today Wrexham, Club, management, players, staff, and - above all - the fans. COYR!!![/QUOTE]

Fair post.

panda23 27th April 2019 10.11:23

[QUOTE=pagl;2251630]Different thread and subject. Play off achievement is excellent.

Is personal abuse allowed some ways then?
Criticism is slightly different but comments like shagging your wife or dripping hatred are acceptable then?[/QUOTE]

Social media is riddled with criticism and abuse you either block/ignore them, give them some abuse back or even try and debate with them(usually a waste of time).

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 27th April 2019 10.13:08

[QUOTE=Foxy;2251632]Personal abuse is de rigeur for some of these clique characters Pagl. They have been doing it for years. Sadly there is a depressing hint of menace about them.[/QUOTE]

Most of the real person abuse to those running things comes from Facebook and Twitter, interesting that it's always RP and users who ask difficult questions and make points far too difficult for them to dispel getting it.

It's these posters causing the abuse apparently, stirring the hatred when really you'd expect a grown man or woman to know how to behave.

Some of us are making a small fortune in doing so apparently, paranoia has truly set it.

The Only Way Is Up 27th April 2019 11.17:28

[QUOTE=wafc1926;2251625]Thank you for your post and thank you for the voluntary time and effort you put in on behalf of our Club. I know personally what the sacrifices are , having spent 30years on the Supporters' Association committee and another 5 now as Treasurer of the FPA. We do it , as you say , because we love the Club. Many others do as we have done and are due appreciation and respect which , sadly , is not always forthcoming.
My name is Dave Davies , in case you didn't know. Feel I should know you. What is your name if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

I've known you for several years Dave, and we haven't always seen eye to eye. However, we've never resorted to being abusive towards each other. In saying that, a few others tried to "have a go" way back, but have long since vanished while you and I are still here.

I will PM you with my name, as I've no wish to receive abuse from those who still think of me as being a "happy clapper" despite my criticisms of things that go on from time to time, and my frustration at being out of the League proper for so long. I believe in achieving a balance. Rome wasn't built in a day, and that thought will make it even sweeter when we are promoted back to where I watched Wrexham for 51 years. The last 11 years have been lived in purgatory. We should never have been relegated (different rules for some clubs, eh?) and we would have been back already if promotion and relegation throughout the pyramid system was equal for all.

chef1 27th April 2019 11.32:29

lot of wxm fans are non trust fans for whatever reason and I am one .we can all still be united behind the team even if we don't share the same ownership model idea.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.22:54.