RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   New signing report (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114072-new-signing-report.html)

Back of the Kop 17th June 2019 17.51:51

Re: New signing report

[QUOTE=Connolly;2267713]Summerfield, Young and Wright that’s three in my book.

I also think the midfield looked it’s best start of the season under Ricketts with Luke Young making runs past the front three. Hasn’t happened since he got injured early on and in my opinion it’s the reason we became less creative going forward.[/QUOTE]

We were never creative going forward last season.Our strength was defensively hence the number of times we won by the odd goal.

Salford was sadly a fluke

WxmWynno 17th June 2019 18.31:14

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2267715]We were never creative going forward last season.Our strength was defensively hence the number of times we won by the odd goal.

Salford was sadly a fluke[/QUOTE]

A fluke and a great Christmas miracle - enjoyed that game. Great atmosphere too.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

pagl 17th June 2019 18.34:15

[QUOTE=Connolly;2267713]Summerfield, Young and Wright that’s three in my book. [/QUOTE]

Dont think I will be reading that book.
Maybe you have forgotten last season. We need a replacement for Walker and then perm 2 of the rest.

krux 17th June 2019 18.39:52

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2267709]Would you take 4th and being in contention up until March?[/QUOTE]

I didn't take 4th after being top in march last time.

Top three needs to be the target

redone 17th June 2019 19.12:22

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2267712]What the F has that got to do with my post?

Last season is history and another failure to go up, spin finishing 4th as much as you like... You being the Oracle should know we fell at the first fence in the play-offs with home advantage to a side that finished 7th a good way behind us.... So stop the spin we could just as easily finish outside the play offs next season no guarantees in football so don't give me progress bollocks.

Failures in January by your idols cost us

For last season I give you Aldershot look where they finished the season before... 12 yrs longest serving National league side...get your tiny mind out of the sand.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Well said JND, spot on

Alan Attack 17th June 2019 19.22:11

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2267712]What the F has that got to do with my post?

Last season is history and another failure to go up, spin finishing 4th as much as you like... You being the Oracle should know we fell at the first fence in the play-offs with home advantage to a side that finished 7th a good way behind us.... So stop the spin we could just as easily finish outside the play offs next season no guarantees in football so don't give me progress bollocks.

Failures in January by your idols cost us

For last season I give you Aldershot look where they finished the season before... 12 yrs longest serving National league side...get your tiny mind out of the sand.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Blimey. It was only a question! [I]No[/I] would have done.

Connolly 17th June 2019 20.04:38

[QUOTE=pagl;2267726]Dont think I will be reading that book.
Maybe you have forgotten last season. We need a replacement for Walker and then perm 2 of the rest.[/QUOTE]

Can you direct me to where I said that was good enough?

And for what it’s worth I think Luke Young will play at 6, played well end of the season there. Young at 6 with Redmond and another in front, as much as I like Summerfield not sure he’d be my choice for that position thought.

pagl 17th June 2019 20.20:43

[QUOTE=Connolly;2267742]Can you direct me to where I said that was good enough?

And for what it’s worth I think Luke Young will play at 6, played well end of the season there. Young at 6 with Redmond and another in front, as much as I like Summerfield not sure he’d be my choice for that position thought.[/QUOTE]

Did I misunderstand the ‘thats three in my book’ comment :)
Thought you were advocating those 3.

John Neals Dynasty 17th June 2019 21.54:44

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2267737]Blimey. It was only a question! [I]No[/I] would have done.[/QUOTE]

Alan it was the tone of the question and sorry but it was probably bad timing no offence meant I've not been very well for a little while so I'm a bit tetchy.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 03.55:55.