RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   CONFIRMED: Keates appointed (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/114664-confirmed-keates-appointed.html)

Ooh aah Paskin 6th October 2019 15.30:59

Re: CONFIRMED: Keates appointed

Well the world's least guarded secret has been confirmed.
My thoughts? The wrong appointment by the board for several reasons including the message it will send to other prospective candidates. Doesn't matter applying the position is already filled.
Still, although I disagree fully with the appointment I won't stop supporting the team. I can totally understand how some supporters will have had enough and understand why they don't want to attend future games.
All I want is this club stable this season and back to fighting for promotion next season. If Keates can do that fair enough.
I will say he has got some balls coming back and that has my respect.
However, this hasn't changed my view that there needs changes at board level.

Percy Sugden 6th October 2019 15.31:21

[QUOTE=Hamilton Pathetic;2304099]At least we won't need another 'Meet the Manager', we've already met him.[/QUOTE]

Saves any awkward questions. Spencer can quite frankly flip off.

simon4012 6th October 2019 15.31:27

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Birdy 6th October 2019 15.31:28

Re: Keates appointed

[QUOTE=Cymro;2304100]Thought everybody wanted a footballing person involved in the process?[/QUOTE]

But Spencer and co still making the (wrong) decisions.

LL11 2AH 6th October 2019 15.31:30

[QUOTE=Rk11;2304070]So why were the media team crying about some BT Sport guy who was in the know?!?[/QUOTE]

Carl Hogan with egg on his face, made himself look a right clown with his outburst on Twitter.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

spuderz123 6th October 2019 15.31:49

[QUOTE=Foxy;2304085]When there were rumours that he might leave us for Walsall, there was real concern amongst most fans, including myself. Many of us blamed the Board for not giving him a contract which made it harder to leave ( repeated when Ricketts left). So on that basis the logic would be that it’s a good move to bring him back.[/QUOTE]

Agree with this.

Unfortunately Darlo will be staying and Andy Davies will be back

Red Dragon Froomie 6th October 2019 15.31:56

I've got a few concerns with the appointment, and there's no denying it's a lazy one, but out of the options available we know he'll steady the ship (although it's back to boring football). I hate bashing against Keates as he was a great servant to the club, and nobody can blame him for going to Walsall - I just hope he's recovered from his time there.

Superunknown 6th October 2019 15.32:04

Obviously he was gonna be in the building

Flintshire Red 6th October 2019 15.32:05

[QUOTE=Rk11;2304088]Will Andy Davies return as assistant?[/QUOTE]

Hope not its getting like groundhog day

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.35:29.